Address to Coordinates Conversion?

Spike440

Hi. I just registered. Very nice site. I found this site while trying to learn about my new GPS. I will confess, I have used information from this site to find a dozen caches already. Great way to explore!

I am in need of your wisdom. Is there a site on the net that lets one enter a postal address, and tells the coordinates?

Thanks!

-Spike

I'm not aware of any place but I can't say that I've looked very hard. I've often wondered the same thing. What I have done in the past is locate the address using Microsoft Street and Tips, then I put on the GPS tracker and point to the push pin. It isn't exact but it is reasonably close. Might be a little tough as an address may be a several acre piece of land.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am Lothar, King of the Hill people. I have many tales to tell....

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not. - Stephen Wright

------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I am in need of your wisdom. Is there a site on the net that lets one enter a postal address, and tells the coordinates?

I think this might be what you're looking for:

Geocode.com

It's a little clunky to navigage. Click "Test Drive" and go from there.

Have fun! icon_smile.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Garmin's Mapsource Metroguide allows you look up addres and create a waypoint. If you load the program into your Garmin GPS, you can look it up in the unit or enter an intersection like Main St and Maple Avenue, ANywhere, USA and get the spot located for you. I have a Vista - don't know if this program works on all their models but it work in you PC.

Good luck.

Alan