Designing avatars, or signature logo

quote:
Originally posted by BròwñMûlê:

You can't animate a jpg. Just put the animated GIF in your signature file and use the jpg in your profile section and then it will automatically be used as your avitar once avitars are activated again. Upload you animated GIF to a server somewhere or in one of your cache pages and link to it in your signature file and you are all set.

http://www.thewavplace.com/animals/donkey.wav

Wav file for sound is cool!

quote:
Originally posted by st_richardson:

I'm confused. What is the difference between a signature image and the avatar? Can they both be annimated?

Avatar images are currently disabled, but when re-enabled they will show up between your user ID and subtitle on the left side of the page. The image is put there automatically by the forum software. They must be in JPEG format for licensing reasons. JPEGs are not capable of animation.

Signature images are the images people have in their signature at the bottom of their posts. For example, Hawk-eye's hawk eye, Brownmule's brown mule, or Rich in NEPA's squirrel. These must be entered manually either in the signature code or in each message. These images can be GIF or JPEG. GIFs support animation.

rdw

That little guy is cute. But I am not sure I get how this works yet. When I uploaded a picture of me for the profile I just uploaded onto this site, but where does the signature image live. I saw the html code above but still am confused. Have a design done now to make it work. And I added a signature but it doesn't show up either.

quote:

I'd love to have an animated signature logo that has something like a small flashlight turning on and then shining toward a Vista with the compass going in circles. I have been known to circle around in my night searches. icon_smile.gif

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or examples, please let me know.

Just to make it more interesting I'll send the a small prize if someone comes up with something I can use. (Keyword small but interesting cache type item.)

Any tutoritals or books that would help me?

quote:

I'd love to have an animated signature logo that has something like a small flashlight turning on and then shining toward a Vista with the compass going in circles. I have been known to circle around in my night searches. icon_smile.gif

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or examples, please let me know.

Just to make it more interesting I'll send the a small prize if someone comes up with something I can use. (Keyword small but interesting cache type item.)

Any tutoritals or books that would help me?

quote:
Originally posted by mvwood:

Permission granted!

I was actually playing around with it a bit at lunch today. I changed colors, rotated text, added detail to the dog and best of all - animation icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/v/mvw101/TYDP-a.gif

Mike

Great work! I like the tail animation. How does one go about making an animated signature? Do you need a special program or software?

quote:

Permission granted!

I was actually playing around with it a bit at lunch today. I changed colors, rotated text, added detail to the dog and best of all - animation icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/v/mvw101/TYDP-a.gif

Mike

Great work! I like the tail animation. How does one go about making an animated signature? Do you need a special program or software?

quote:

To make an animated gif you need a program that is capable of doing so. I have an old version of Animation Shop that came with Paint Shop Pro. To make the animation I have an image in Paint Shop with a layer for each frame of animation. Then I can copy and paste from Paint Shop to Animation Shop frame by frame and save as an animated gif.

Mike

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

quote:

quote:

To make an animated gif you need a program that is capable of doing so. I have an old version of Animation Shop that came with Paint Shop Pro. To make the animation I have an image in Paint Shop with a layer for each frame of animation. Then I can copy and paste from Paint Shop to Animation Shop frame by frame and save as an animated gif.

Mike

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

Thanks for the info!?

Now I'm in a mixed state of awe of anyone who can make an animation and depression that I will never be able to make a signature.