Designing avatars, or signature logo

I was wondering if someone out there is good at this, and could design one for me in their spare time. I'm quite a newbie when it comes to graphic design, and I have no idea where to start. I can visualize what I want to have for a signature logo, but don't know how to make it!

Any suggestions?

Keithpilot - The Yellow Dog Project

quote:
Originally posted by The Yellow Dog Project:

I was wondering if someone out there is good at this, and could design one for me in their spare time. I'm quite a newbie when it comes to graphic design, and I have no idea where to start. I can visualize what I want to have for a signature logo, but don't know how to make it!

Any suggestions?

I bet if you describe what you are looking for more than one person will make up something and send it to you.

icon_biggrin.gif

36985_900.jpg

Enjoy the Outdooors.

BrownMule

quote:

Any suggestions?

I bet if you describe what you are looking for more than one person will make up something and send it to you.

icon_biggrin.gif

36985_900.jpg

Enjoy the Outdooors.

BrownMule

My thought is to have a round logo with a Topo background, with "The Yellow Dog" in the upper curve, "Project" in the lower curve, and the image of a cartoony Yellow Labradoresque dog in the middle, with his tail pointing straight up and "radio waves" emanating from the tip like an antenna.

I have specific visions, but no idea how to draw it!

Any ideas are welcome!

Keith

The logos for the yellow dog project look pretty good. You might also get some ideas from Sirius satellite radio. Their logo is a dog with its tail straight up receiving or broadcasting radio waves. Just a thought.

I was lucky enough to see the forums minutes after they opened up. They looked pretty cool with the avatars. I'm eager to see them come back.

rdw

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

and I did add that code to my signature ..... i wonder what i'm doing wrong...

-----

_Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious._

Are you sure you used the format in the signature block? The Avatar is something different from the signature logo. You appear to have "_Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious" in your signature line ... not the graphic logo code.

348_1002.gif

[This message was edited by Hawk-eye on March 22, 2002 at 07:47 AM.]

Not only with the quality and speed of the artwork, but the outpouring of generosity and helpfulness in the geocaching community.

Mvwood and Fractal- Thanks for your help! Now I must ask each of you permission to use this as my logo-

Keith

[This message was edited by The Yellow Dog Project on March 22, 2002 at 03:01 PM.]

quote:

Mvwood and Fractal- Thanks for your help! Now I must ask each of you permission to use this as my logo-

Keith

Thanks for the compliment.. Glad ya like it icon_smile.gif

And yes! Feel free to use it!

If you need it scaled down at all, just let me know...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:

Keith

Thanks for the compliment.. Glad ya like it icon_smile.gif

And yes! Feel free to use it!

If you need it scaled down at all, just let me know...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

Grap your self a shareware graphics program. I personally like Paint Shop Pro. And save the gif to you computer load it into you graphics program and tell it to save it as what ever file formate you want. It will take care of it for you.

Later

mcb

gpsyote.jpg

GPS-Yote

quote:
Originally posted by mvwood:

Permission granted!

I was actually playing around with it a bit at lunch today. I changed colors, rotated text, added detail to the dog and best of all - animation icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/v/mvw101/TYDP-a.gif

Mike

This looks great- but if I convert ot to jpg, will it still be animated? I'm not too sure how the animation thing will transfer. Even if I open the Gif gversion in Paint Shop Pro, it doesn't animate. am I doing something wrong?

Keith

12199_1400.jpg

Keithpilot

The Yellow Dog Project

N43 10.00374

W070 54.87366

quote:
Originally posted by mvwood:

Permission granted!

I was actually playing around with it a bit at lunch today. I changed colors, rotated text, added detail to the dog and best of all - animation icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/v/mvw101/TYDP-a.gif

Mike

This looks great- but if I convert ot to jpg, will it still be animated? I'm not too sure how the animation thing will transfer. Even if I open the Gif gversion in Paint Shop Pro, it doesn't animate. am I doing something wrong?

Keith

12199_1400.jpg

Keithpilot

The Yellow Dog Project

N43 10.00374

W070 54.87366

quote:

Even if I open the Gif gversion in Paint Shop Pro, it doesn't animate. am I doing something wrong?

Keith

Keith, I don't know which version of Paint Shop Pro you have, but I'm using a registered PSP v7.0 which comes with Animation Shop v3.0, and this is what you need to work with animated GIF's. You can still use the GIF image you've created in your forum signature, but only JPEG's will be accepted as your avatar image. Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

You appear to have _"_Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious"_ in your signature line ... not the graphic logo code.

I have the [ img ] in my PROFILE and I also used to have the line about "fools" ( i just now took it off. though).

Do i have to type it into the actual body of the post each time? I hope not.

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

how4.gif

thats strange!

I can put it in the body but not in the signature using the same code

[This message was edited by DougsBrat on March 23, 2002 at 07:03 PM.]

logged out and back in... did it work?

still not working

[This message was edited by DougsBrat on March 24, 2002 at 08:43 AM.]

Wow! I'm impressed at the talent we have here!!!

I'd love to have an animated signature logo that has something like a small flashlight turning on and then shining toward a Vista with the compass going in circles. I have been known to circle around in my night searches. icon_smile.gif

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or examples, please let me know.

Just to make it more interesting I'll send the a small prize if someone comes up with something I can use. (Keyword small but interesting cache type item.)

[This message was edited by st_richardson on March 27, 2002 at 12:28 AM.]

Wow! I'm impressed at the talent we have here!!!

I'd love to have an animated signature logo that has something like a small flashlight turning on and then shining toward a Vista with the compass going in circles. I have been known to circle around in my night searches. icon_smile.gif

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or examples, please let me know.

Just to make it more interesting I'll send the a small prize if someone comes up with something I can use. (Keyword small but interesting cache type item.)

[This message was edited by st_richardson on March 27, 2002 at 12:28 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

You guys know that the avatar images have to be JPEG format, right? The yellow dog icons you guys made are GIF. They would work as signature images, but not for the avatar.

rdw

I'm confused. What is the difference between a signature image and the avatar? Can they both be annimated?