Good News!

Guest bhench

Guest bhench

I've read many posts from people struggling with various land management bureaucracies in order to get them to understand what Geocaching is all about that I just had to pass on this bit of uplifting news:

Recently I read a log entry from a person who had located his first cache in a wonderful area in Lancaster County, PA, Tucquan Glen. What made this entry so interesting was the fact that this gentleman is one of the Land Stewards for the Lancaster Conservancy that oversees Tucquan Glen and a number of other nature preserves in the county. He was excited about Geocaching and appreciative of the fact that it was directly responsible for many people visiting and praising the area (myself included). I emailed him directly to tell him how much I appreciated his enlightened approach to Geocaching and he informed me that he was going to use the log entries and email such as mine to approach the directors in support of the game. Well, it must have worked because just a couple of hours ago, the Lancaster Land Conservancy listed their first Geocache site (Trout Run Nature Preserve). And, just as soon as I can, I'll be there searching. I personally think we should support such efforts as they give all of us more evidence to back our claims that we are not destroyers of these wilderness areas but admirers.

Bob Hench

Guest navdog

A GOOD INDICATION THAT AS PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT GEOCACHING IS ABOUT, THEY WILL EMBRACE IT AS A FUN FAMILY ORIENTED ACTIVITY THAT EXPOSES THE PARTICIPANTS TO THE WONDERS OF NATURE.

Guest makaio

I agree. You might see if this gentelman would be willing to act as an advocate for the sport if we need someone with his experience in land management to discuss it with those of similar stature in government positions.