Geocaching Geotrek: Planned?

Guest jeremy

Guest robamy

Well you could have stayed with my family in November (in the Chicago area) but my new home being built has been delayed until January. icon_frown.gif My current home would not work as my second bedroom is used for the baby, computers, etc. But if you delay until spring maybe we could put you up then. Let?s hope AT&T will have high-speed Internet access in my new neighborhood.

If you do make it to the Chicago area you have to check out my ?Beverly? Geocache GC28, the first Geocache in Illinois!

Hey anybody want to buy a townhouse in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Let me know and I will send you a link to the web page with information.

-Rob

may_10_1997@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by robamy (edited 04 October 2001).]

Guest nkdcain

I'm fairly new at this whole thing, but if you need a couch for a couple of nights in the Los Angeles area I'd put you up. icon_smile.gif

It's the only way I could thank you for coming up with such a great game that gets me away from the computer and back into the wilderness! icon_smile.gif

Guest nkdcain

I'm fairly new at this whole thing, but if you need a couch for a couple of nights in the Los Angeles area I'd put you up. icon_smile.gif

It's the only way I could thank you for coming up with such a great game that gets me away from the computer and back into the wilderness! icon_smile.gif

Guest badbitbucket

Jeremy,

If you want to stop in Vancouver I'll buy lunch. We can meet at my 50-Quarters cache. GC1C1D It's a quickie find for your trip.

btw: that's Vancouver, WA. not B.C. ;-)

-BBB

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by badbitbucket:

Jeremy,

-BBB

Heck, I could do that in a couple of hours! I'd have to stop and See Mike Teague too icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by badbitbucket:

Jeremy,

-BBB

Heck, I could do that in a couple of hours! I'd have to stop and See Mike Teague too icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest leskowitz

There is a hide away bed here for you in Houston. You and I are about the age and place in life. I will even buy you dinner and plan a caching gathering if you give me a date in advance.

Guest maxxer

You're welcome here in North Central CT. Quite a few caches for you to hunt in the CT and W.Mass area. By the time you work your way out here, it may be spring thaw. If not, we'll take ya out on the snowmobiles. icon_smile.gif

We'll even hook ya up w/the high speed cable to keep up w/your web updates. :mad:

You have to like dogs to stay here though. And I doubt you'd make it out for a cache with out them tagging along. (or me for that matter!)

Keep us all updated on your trek plans! Sounds like it'd be quite the adventure.

Good luck!

Kathy

Guest maxxer

You're welcome here in North Central CT. Quite a few caches for you to hunt in the CT and W.Mass area. By the time you work your way out here, it may be spring thaw. If not, we'll take ya out on the snowmobiles. icon_smile.gif

We'll even hook ya up w/the high speed cable to keep up w/your web updates. ;)

You have to like dogs to stay here though. And I doubt you'd make it out for a cache with out them tagging along. (or me for that matter!)

Keep us all updated on your trek plans! Sounds like it'd be quite the adventure.

Good luck!

Kathy

Guest Cache-potato

Jeremy, you know what to expect here. I think it is heart warming to see the geocaching community opening up their homes. I think it goes to our character. Guys, lets keep it that way! Cache on --CP

Guest bunkerdave

I agree, re: opening homes, etc. Last June I posted here that I would be doing a "Super Cache Hunt" and invited any who wanted to come along to do so. I had three join me, one of whom was a newer cacher. We have had a few great experiences together, and I look forward to more. There is always the chance of getting a "wierdo" that you may not particularly choose as a "friend" but my experience so far has been that everyone is nice, decent, and considerate. I think I could put up with anyone I have met through caching for a day and a night. And there are so many things to talk about. I have had several cachers in my home for various reasons, and gone camping with them, and had cookouts with them, and without exception they have all been delightful to meet. I find that typically when you get two cachers together, neither of them will shut up until they both fall asleep, which is a long time coming, also. Strange thing, this hobby. icon_wink.gif

Guest bunkerdave

I agree, re: opening homes, etc. Last June I posted here that I would be doing a "Super Cache Hunt" and invited any who wanted to come along to do so. I had three join me, one of whom was a newer cacher. We have had a few great experiences together, and I look forward to more. There is always the chance of getting a "wierdo" that you may not particularly choose as a "friend" but my experience so far has been that everyone is nice, decent, and considerate. I think I could put up with anyone I have met through caching for a day and a night. And there are so many things to talk about. I have had several cachers in my home for various reasons, and gone camping with them, and had cookouts with them, and without exception they have all been delightful to meet. I find that typically when you get two cachers together, neither of them will shut up until they both fall asleep, which is a long time coming, also. Strange thing, this hobby. icon_wink.gif

Guest Ramness570

There are plenty of caches here in Atlanta to be found. Let us know when you will be here if you come Im sure we could get a group together for lunch and a few hunts.

------------------

Brian & TabascoX

Senior Memeber Southeast Xterra Club

Geocaching since October 2000.

Guest T-storm

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

I may be overly ambitious. The thought of 2 weeks around the US is a bit speedy. I've done 2300 miles in 5 days and that was pretty tough with 2 drivers. Jeremy

Naww!!! You can do it! I used to (before I went back to being a computer nerd) drive for a living. Drove as half of a team, often an 80,000 lb. rig (fully loaded), crossed the country 2 times a week (plus other stuff). 2700-2850 miles from the NY/NJ area to LA or Bay area. Okay, so it wasn't exactly fun... and I wasn't seeking caches along the way... or visiting folks... or... well, FINE, so it was nothing like Jeremy's proposed trip!

T-storm

If you would like to stay in North Georgia mountains, we have a spare bed. The caches are further apart than Metro Atlanta, but in my opinion more interesting (longer hikes, pretty scenery) but the quick ones in Atlanta are within reach.

Guest CrotalusRex

Hi Jeremy,

No worries--I don't have much room in my micro-sized apartment but you can flop on my couch if you come through the Boone, NC area. I'll take you to the local cache's (they are mostly all mine) and out for a beer or two if you like.

Cheers,

CrotalusRex

Thanks everyone for your gracious offers! I've decided that I really want to make this a bigger trek, so I'm planning on doing it in the early spring. That way I can really do some planning and get to meet a lot more of you. I'll also, uh, have more finances to be able to do this thing right.

So keep it on the backburner. And as Artful Dodger says, be Afraid. Be very afraid. icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

Thanks everyone for your gracious offers! I've decided that I really want to make this a bigger trek, so I'm planning on doing it in the early spring. That way I can really do some planning and get to meet a lot more of you. I'll also, uh, have more finances to be able to do this thing right.

So keep it on the backburner. And as Artful Dodger says, be Afraid. Be very afraid. icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

Guest irishcb

Jeremy,

We have a place for you in chandler AZ when ever in the spring you may need a place to lay your head. Lots of travelers to be had in AZ now.

CBx2 (Cody & Cheryl)

Guest coralgeo

Here's another offer to get you to come visit the lovely central coast of California. I've got an extra bed in my computer/guest room that you're more than welcome to. If you let us (the collective CCGC) know in advance, we'd love to schedule a gathering. Springtime around the Monterey Bay area is great. OK...anytime around here is darn near perfect ;-) Hope to see you here!

------------------

http://www.geocities.com/scubasue1

Into a melody of deep blue; shells drifting downward to sink and settle on the seafloor. An earth song of creation kneads them into stone, draws aside the waves and lifts them into mountains.

-Nancy Penrose

Jermey I think you can safely say that you will never have the need for a hotel room no matter where in the world you travel icon_wink.gif I didn't bother adding to the thread when you indicated you were going to be staying in mid to west coast area but you are more than welcome here in NY... we'll pull out the red carpet. icon_smile.gif Hope you have fun and let us know about some of the cool stuff/people you meet see and find along the way.

Tina

Jermey I think you can safely say that you will never have the need for a hotel room no matter where in the world you travel icon_wink.gif I didn't bother adding to the thread when you indicated you were going to be staying in mid to west coast area but you are more than welcome here in NY... we'll pull out the red carpet. icon_smile.gif Hope you have fun and let us know about some of the cool stuff/people you meet see and find along the way.

Tina

Guest fisherKings

Jeremy,

I work as a news photog at the NBC affiliate in Atlanta. If you cruise this way I could possibly help you with any video or editing you might want/need. I was fortunate enough to shoot a story with the local GA geocachers. Ended up getting hooked along with my family on this game. Holler before you get here and maybe we could get another story on the air here in the ATL.

Sushi

Guest supertech

I out here in 'tween land. between any real caches. Auburn, AL. I'd be glad to put you up for a nite. You won't find man caches yet, although I am planning a few myself.

Interesting note. there are more caches in any 10mile diameter of Atlanta, then in all of AL. We gotta get busy...

32.619407 -85.37055

------------------

Ken {On the bleeding edge of technology}

Guest badbitbucket

quote:

Jeremy

OK, then the three of us meet for breakfast...

Guest badbitbucket

quote:

Jeremy

OK, then the three of us meet for breakfast...

abin at the state park I work at. The name of the park is Wall Doxey. Just let me know. (662) 252-4231 and ask for Jeff. If I am not there just leave a msg. and I will get back to you. Or E-mail me.

------------------

"All that wander are not lost...for they have GPS in hand..

Guest lostsoul

I worked with two other geocachers at a film/video digital post production house in the entertaintment capital of the world. We all can help you to get a professional looking video. You can stay at my place here in LA or in the Palm Springs area. Lets discuss the details of your video production.

Looking forward meeting you.

------------------

Lost soul

Never too old to learn and I'll get there.

Guest RedwoodRed

Hey Jeremy, the redwoods of Northern California are gorgeous any time of year, but especially in the spring.

If you get up near the 42 parallel, make sure you stop and see us and our interesting caches hidden in and among some of nature's most beautiful scenery.

We'd be happy to host you and hope you like sushi!

------------------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

http://www.geogadgets.com

http://www.beautywithattitude.com

http://www.w6hy.org