Getting married next summer

shrekTBA

I am gettting married in Aug, my question is this: should I put coordinates on the invitations? She never answers, I just get a puzzled look and a head shake, then she walks off muttering something.

It's not a sport unless there is something dead in the back of the truck when you get home.

[This message was edited by wyoduckhunter on November 03, 2002 at 09:35 AM.]

After being married for 27 years I would like to give you some advice. Now is the time to lay the ground rules before you make the commitement.

1. I do not give up hunting now that I'm married.

2. I do not give up Geocaching now that I'm married.

3. I will always listen, but that doesn't mean an agreement.

Mention a "Cache Event" for your wedding maybe lots of Cachers will show up. But don't give out the coordinates for your honeymoon. icon_razz.gif

Tahosa - Dweller of the moutain tops.

If cachers know you, feel free to post an event cache, but do something special for them. For example, you could have a decorated ammo can out behind the reception location with some souveniers and a camera so that the geoguests can take something (small) home, and you can post the pictures on the site later.

Now, as for putting the coords on the invitations... I don't know that I'd do that... of course, if your other wouldn't mind, you could put coords on a map insert, but coordinates might be a bit much for the invitations themselves. (Unless you want to really bend the minds of the traditionalist guests.)

We sent invites to buttloads of people, many of whom I didn't know - and since our church is way out in the middle of nowhere, out some crappy country road... I also included the coordinates on the bottom of the card.

Imho, even if only one or two people use those coordinates, it is worth it - plus the other hundred people get to wonder what the little numbers are for, and they probably won't ask and just sit there like delburts staring at them. icon_razz.gif

geobanana.gif

The Toe Pages

Pre Nup dinner invites you can make at Kinko's. Wedding invites are expensive, especially when you get into custom text. Do a Pre-nup picnic, keep it casual, and the GPS coordinates would be cool. The Wedding invites are an expensive inside joke that it sounds like your fiance doesn't get.

BTW: Good luck.

remybussi.gif By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I. remybussi.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

since our church is way out in the middle of nowhere, out some crappy country road... I also included the coordinates on the bottom of the card.

Hehe... yeah, if the wedding is somewhere where you've got a good excuse for coordinates, throw them on there. icon_biggrin.gif (Of course, if it's the big cathedral on the corner of 1st and Main right by the only stoplight, it might be a little harder to justify them. icon_razz.gif)

With more and more people using GPS's and some vehicles, esp. rentals, being equipped with them, the coordinates could prove useful. Esp. if you have guests who will be flying in and using rental cars to get to the wedding.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

I would put the coords on the cards and have Mctoys and dirty golf balls at every table and let the guests figure that one out.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

...GPS's and some vehicles, esp. rentals, being equipped with them, the coordinates could prove useful.

In my limited experience, I'm not sure that typical navigation systems allow input of coordinates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the two cars I've ridden in with GPS systems only accepted addresses.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by wyoduckhunter:

She never answers, I just get a puzzled look and a head shake, then she walks off muttering something.

Sounds like this union is doomed. When someone tells you "don't do it", do you really think that it's just a friendly saying, or do you think there might be something to that phrase?

T and I did that for ONE invitation only. We invited GeoForse and GreaterForse to our wedding. We were joking about it, but did it after a newpaper article in which GeoForse joked that we would probably send out just coordinates!

We printed our own invitations, (purchased blanks at Staples and printed the text inside), and the cost was very reasonable, so we had no problem with a custom card.