What's your average finds/day?

ChiefPig

About 1 a week here. So you're not as slow as some. Our average is dragged down by a bout of ill health. But, we've picked up the pace recently and go caching most weekends and do 2 or 3 usually.

Not sure how we'll do during the winter though. Probably slow down a little again icon_wink.gif

'Seasider' a nearby cacher to is averaging close to 2 a day over a six month period. He's a little more dedicate (or possibly insane) than us!

What is caches precious?

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I've averaged roughly 1 find a week over the past 2 years.

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

Yeah, but I'm sure that's because you have found most of the nearby caches, right?

I put together an excel spreadsheet (a Geo-Graph if you will) which says that I'm averaging 12.5 caches a month right now. I guess that works out to...uuhhhh...lemme see...uuuhhhhhhh.....

0.41095890411 caches a day.

Bret

39219_2500.gif "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Let's see... 473 days caching, 439 finds, that's .93, almost a cache a day. Oh yeah... I am one sizzlin hot cachin' elf...

Wait a minute...

The Lil Otter 2242 caches/491 days = 4.56/day

BruceS 3294 caches/760 days = 4.33/day

CCCooperAgency 3508 caches/890 days = 3.94/day

hmmmm guess I'm not so hot after all.

There will always be someone ahead of you in the pace. New cachers will start, and blow past you. You'll never catch everyone. This is high on my list of reasons why the numbers don't matter.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

I think a more meaningful stat would be the average caches/day per actual days spent Geocaching.

I started Geocaching 1-1-03, so that’s 273 days as of today. As of today I’ve found 475 caches. This comes out to 1.74/cpd (caches per day)

Out of those 273 days, I went out caching on 91 of them. This comes out to 5.2/cpd.

lookerline_e0.gif

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

mystats.php?userid=GeoFool&bgcol=FFFFF0&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=chitown.jpg

OK, using GeoFool's method, my caches per days cached comes out to 3.14, which only goes to show that geocaching is as easy as pi.

But I hasten to note that a fair number of my finds occurred with a kid tagging along. No jogging, no TNLN and dash off to the next cache. For that I should be able to fudge my CPDC by a challenge factor of 1.25. And I live where it snows a lot, that's worth another .25. And Pittsburgh is less cache-dense than, say, Chicago. Adjust another .25 for density equalization. Finally, I have a full time job, and I should be able to adjust .25 for that, too. I therefore arrive at an equalized geocaching challenge factor of 2.0, resulting in a 6.28 adjusted CPDC score (before weighting for difficulty and terrain, of course).

Numbers are like apples and oranges.

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

OK, using GeoFool's method, my caches per days cached comes out to 3.14, which only goes to show that geocaching is as easy as pi.

But I hasten to note that a fair number of my finds occurred with a kid tagging along. No jogging, no TNLN and dash off to the next cache. For that I should be able to fudge my CPDC by a challenge factor of 1.25. And I live where it snows a lot, that's worth another .25. And Pittsburgh is less cache-dense than, say, Chicago. Adjust another .25 for density equalization. Finally, I have a full time job, and I should be able to adjust .25 for that, too. I therefore arrive at an equalized geocaching challenge factor of 2.0, resulting in a 6.28 adjusted CPDC score (before weighting for difficulty and terrain, of course).

_Numbers are like apples and oranges._

Sounds about right. I'm impressed!

lookerline_e0.gif

mystats.php?userid=GeoFool&bgcol=FFFFF0&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=chitown.jpg

ChiefPig: I'm an attorney for a large bank. I think if you go check your account balances, you'll see that I've zeroed them out.

For enough of a fee, you can pay me to fudge just about anything.

As for Enfanta's measly .18 cpd score, that is BEFORE applying the ELF (Enfanta Laugh Factor). Finding a single cache in the good company of Enfanta is worth ten times as much as stopping off by myself to find a cache on the way home from work. So, by definition, since Enfanta ALWAYS finds caches while in the company of Enfanta (except, perhaps, if she's "just not feeling like herself" on a particular day), her actual post-ELF adjusted CPD average is 1.8. Pretty darn impressive.

Numbers pale in importance compared to how much fun you're having.

lets see.... add 2 subtract by the denominator or the square root of 4.....

I've been at this for over 2 years and I have less than 100 caches found...

I guess that makes me a Loser icon_frown.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

And may no Admin bricks 19490_2600.gif fly your way

quote:

But .......

Your full time job is with the government, right?

I once was lost, but now am found;

Was blind, but now I see.

[This message was edited by Team Titus213 on October 01, 2003 at 05:54 PM.]

To be fair about the number (and America is nothing if not FAIR, right?) the difficulty numbers should be factored in. Multiply the find by the difficulty rating and then again by the terrain rating. That makes mine......does not compute, does not compute, duzknotcomputer...And then there are those not founds that should be deducted somehow.

OK, I just moved into the 'No Stats' camp.

I once was lost, but now am found;

Was blind, but now I see.

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

lets see.... add 2 subtract by the denominator or the square root of 4.....

I've been at this for over 2 years and I have less than 100 caches found...

I guess that makes me a _Loser_ icon_frown.gif

Yes, you're quite correct. There are some things that even the best lawyers can't help with. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Yeah, but I'm sure that's because you have found most of the nearby caches, right?

Hardly. There are 228 caches within 20 miles of my house and 2,048 within 100 miles. It's just that looking for caches cuts into my posting time and I can't have that! icon_wink.gif Actually, I'm spread pretty thin with other activities and responsibilities, so I don't get out very often specifically to hunt caches. A lot of my finds come when I'm in the area for something else, or if we decide to go for a hike and there happens to be a cache on the way.

That, and a good portion of my free geocaching time is spent on cache maintenance. I have 40 some caches out there and unfortunately for me, a lot of them require some walking to get to. It's often a choice between cache huntin' and cache fixin'.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:

Hardly. There are 228 caches within 20 miles of my house and 2,048 within 100 miles.

Wow, I wish I lived where ever you are Brian. I've only got 1286 within 100 miles of my house. I've found 2.69 per day but that's going to slide as there just aren't that many caches left to hunt in the area.

mystats.php?userid=Greenback&vopt=link&txtdata=StatsRule!&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=chitown.jpg

quote:

quote:

Hardly. There are 228 caches within 20 miles of my house and 2,048 within 100 miles.

I only have 11 caches within 20 miles of my house, and I own 7 of them.

I think a better measure is how much it costs you to find a cache. Some days I might spend 40-50 dollars just to find a cache or two.

Interesting question....and VERY interesting how different people take it to mean.

Uhh....about 100 caches in around 150 days for me. I'm very far into an area where not many tread....so even "closest" caches for me are now 40 mile drives minimum. Luckily I don't mind that because I prefer the "off the beaten path" caches. Unfortunately I can't pursure them very often.

Tis' ok. I cheat. I leave caches "unfound" for that very reason. there are several in a big city near me that I have NOT found but I'm saving. - JamesJM

quote:
1.835 - I've cleared an area of about 3800 square miles around my home, so more driving is involved now.

Come to New Jersey. My caches are lonely.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:

Lucky! There is ONE (not counting my own) within 20 miles of my home. And it is a multi that takes you 26 miles further away!

12 physical caches total in a 2965 square mile area, (4 mine). There are only 3 or 4 active cachers in this area. The next closest unfound cache to me is 48.9 miles, via crow. icon_wink.gif No wonder I have resorted to Reversing and Benching! icon_eek.gif

Bob ~

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Isn't the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?...Stephen Wright

Since I've started caching, I've found 188 caches. 168 of those were this year. 50 of those were in September.

In 530 days of caching I've found 0.3547 caches per day.

In the 275 days this year, I've found 0.6109 caches per day.

In September, I found 1.667 caches per day.

I've placed 11 caches or 0.021 caches per day or 0.040 caches per day this year

nm_button.gifTook sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by RainbowCache:

There is ONE (not counting my own) within 20 miles of my home. And it is a multi that takes you 26 miles further away!

Wow, that's not good.icon_frown.gif What you can do to try and raise cache population is start a seed cache similar to this one.>>Spyders Seed Cache Sometimes people need a little incentive to start hiding caches. When they realize how much fun it is to hide them too, they'll hide even more.

lookerline_e0.gif

quote:
Originally posted by GeoFool:

What you can do to try and raise cache population is start a seed cache similar to this one.>>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b1c132f9-b8d3-4582-bb32-04e2b153241e /

Thanks "GF"...

Kinda like a MOTHERSHIP! Right? Should there be a distance restriction on it? Unlike Spyder's (in Chicago), we are cache-less around here. Say a one county radius from the Mother Cache.

And BTW, GO BRAVES...Series tied 1-1...couldn't resist and wouldn't (didn't) go there after the 1st game! (and if not the Native Americans Georgian then the wee Ursus Chicagus)

Bob ~

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Isn't the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?...Stephen Wright

quote:
Originally posted by RainbowCache:

Thanks "GF"...

Kinda like a MOTHERSHIP! Right? Should there be a distance restriction on it? Unlike Spyder's (in Chicago), we are cache-less around here. Say a one county radius from the Mother Cache.

And BTW, GO BRAVES...Series tied 1-1...couldn't resist and wouldn't (didn't) go there after the 1st game! (and if not the Native Americans Georgian then the wee Ursus Chicagus)

You can add any restrictions you want. I wouldn’t want to discourage anyone from placing a cache so I wouldn’t put any restrictions. Just follow gc.com’s guidelines.

The Cubs had a good chance of blowing that game wide open in the 1st. They didn’t take advantage of it. It came back to haunt them. Now it’s time for the Brave’s to come to the “Friendly Confines”. Should be a great pitching duel. GO CUBS!!!!!

lookerline_e0.gif

I found my first cache on 15th of March, 03. I find 0.37 per day, 2.64 per week, and 3.75 per actual day of geocaching.

There are 5 caches within 20 miles of my home, and I own all 5. There are 137 caches within 100 miles of my home. There are 75 caches within a 100 mile radius of my home that I do not own or haven't found. Of course, that's as the crow flies - a lot of the ones that are 60 miles away require 100 miles of driving (one way).

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

Let's see,

122 found over 310 day period = 0.4/day

122 caches in 55 caching days = 2.2 ave. per day caching

55 caching days over 310 days = 18% of my days involve caching

Only a few are outside a 15 mile radius or so...

I only have one not-found I have yet to return to...

Connecticut just recently broke through 400 caches state-wide (making it 6th in density), that's nearly double from when I started last November!

Enjoy,

Randy

PS: The counter on my profile page indicates: Usage 3.4 (Average Hits per day since last reset)

(That's over the past 2 months...) Apparently my profile is viewed more frequently than I cache! I never would've imagined I has such an adoring public! {Wink}

[This message was edited by RJFerret on October 02, 2003 at 12:12 PM.]

quote:

Leprechaun, you didn’t by chance work under Kenneth Lay, did you? icon_biggrin.gif

lookerline_e0.gif

quote:

The Lil Otter 2242 caches/491 days = 4.56/day

BruceS 3294 caches/760 days = 4.33/day

CCCooperAgency 3508 caches/890 days = 3.94/day

Just as GeoFool stated in another post.. it would be a more meaningful stat if it was shown the actual days spent Geocaching..

Out of my 491 days in the sport I spent 218 days out.. averaging 10.29% per day.. see it's not that bad now (grins) I'm sure BruceS or CCCooperAgency would surely become the top in averaged finds per day or any other person that is able to travel for the sport. And for your information.. I live 2.5 hrs away from Milwaukee (which has the dense caches within my state) and I have only 2 caches (not my own) within a 20 mile drive. I have also put on well over 55,ooo miles so far.

~The Lil Otter

[This message was edited by The Lil Otter on October 02, 2003 at 01:28 PM.]