Stickers!

kitsune

You put 'em on your cache, you put 'em on your GPS, you might even put 'em on yourself.

...but where do you get them?

Specifically, I'd love to have some good, weatherproof stickers made. Probably cut vinyl. Can anyone recommend a print shop that will take an image and turn it into something that will survive the rain?

I'd be interested to see what other cachers have had made up for their own ammo boxes, too. Some of the locals have produced some really nice looking stuff.

-Kitsune

http://fox.org/~vince/

quote:
Originally posted by kitsune:

You put 'em on your cache, you put 'em on your GPS, you might even put 'em on yourself.

...but where do you get them?

Specifically, I'd love to have some good, weatherproof stickers made. Probably cut vinyl. Can anyone recommend a print shop that will take an image and turn it into something that will survive the rain?

I'd be interested to see what other cachers have had made up for their own ammo boxes, too. Some of the locals have produced some really nice looking stuff.

-Kitsune

http://fox.org/~vince/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I googled for "weatherproof labels" and I got hundreds of hits. Most places will make them for you but you have to pay a set-up charge, and then there's usually a minimum order amount which can be quite large.

OhNoMrBill (Bill Hudson, Gilroy CA)

P.S. If you don't mind black and white only and have access to a laser printer, Avery makes weather-proof labels w/ permanent adhesive. Come to think of it, you may be able to find a local copy center that has a color laser printer.

I've made bumper stickers with my Epson C80 printer. The waterproof inks work great. Bumper sticker paper can be bought at Office Max or other office supply stores. I've had one on the back of my boat for two years and it hasn't faded or run. You can't get much wetter than that!

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

GeoVet, I've found that there are a lot of tiny shops (usually consisting of one person and a vinyl printer that was tossed from a failing printing business) on the net. Best price I've found so far is about $.10/sticker, the stickers being black and white on vinyl and 4.5"x1.5". Not bad for something you might throw on a logbook and the little shops I've found have a turn around time of about three weeks and have a minimum batch requirement of 20 or so. If you're interested in the sites I've found, let me know -- I'm not actually going to post the links here, as it seems a lot of the printers publish mostly for people who slap them on phone booths for bands/political purposes and the graphical content is questionable enough that I think the mods wouldn't appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

As for the bigger ones that you might throw on the outside of a cache and have many colors, the prices increase and buying in bulk probably isn't worth it unless you plan on placing at least fifty caches/have a team. I think this is where the bumper sticker printing is a really good idea.

Anyone have a picture of something printed to the material from an Epson? I'd like to see if the colors are decent, if it is glossy, etc.

I have several dozen 1.5" square logo stickers in color that are printed slightly off center leaving a white strip at the top.

I would love to share them with as many people as possible. Requests for a modest amount of stickers should be emailed to me though this forum. I will reply with an address where you should send a self addressed stamped envelope. There is no charge for these stickers, and you are also bound by Groundspeak's logo usage guide.

Aloha, Patrick

Edited by patrick808

Still available !

I have several dozen 1.5" square logo stickers in color that are printed slightly off center leaving a white strip at the top.

I would love to share them with as many people as possible. Requests for a modest amount of stickers should be emailed to me though this forum. I will reply with an address where you should send a self addressed stamped envelope. There is no charge for these stickers, and you are also bound by Groundspeak's logo usage guide.

Aloha, Patrick

Specifically, I'd love to have some good, weatherproof stickers made. Probably cut vinyl. Can anyone recommend a print shop that will take an image and turn it into something that will survive the rain

I work in a print shop that can have weatherproof repositional vinyl, aka bumper sticker material, labels made.

I doubt you could ever use this to get printed, but I think the best adhesive out there for stickers are those dam electrodes they put on you when they hook you up to a heart monitor. (I pity any man with chest hair) They are like gel glue and they are sweat proof, so they would probably be pretty good in the weather. Good luck trying to get some though.