Funniest log I ever read

Funny to be sure. I still think his Soapy Boy/ Rinsey Boy log was wayyy more funny.

I'm still lookin for a woman who wants to try that one with me. Ya think AuntGiGi might be game? icon_wink.gifI plan to buy his shirt from Cafe Press after I achieve that experience.....LOL..I crack myself up.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Can you put a link to soapy/rinsy boy?

quote:
Originally posted by Thee Old Sage & his homies:

I agree with Snoogans. Soapy boy/Rinsy boy has got to be the best log ever. I wonder if oregone has ever thought of making a book out of all his logs. I would be first in line to buy it. That way I wouldn't have to sit at the computer all day to read everything he has to say.

Found this quote from another thread:

---------------------

Log by oregone.

I don't know what it is about motel rooms that make me want to be all naked all the time, but it's oddly comforting.

lauren and i play this game when we go to motels: when i'm in the shower, she does her best to hide somewhere in the room. Then, i rush out of the shower covered in lather yelling 'SOAPY BOY IS HERE!' in a Charlton Heston voice, find her immediately (not a lot of places to hide, you know), and then slide all over her making a big mess in the process. Then i jump back in the still-running shower, rinse off, then jump out and jump on her again yelling 'RINSY BOY IS HERE!' It's a really fun game, and i recommend it to all.

------------------------

We only ever use ONE of the queen size beds...hmm. icon_wink.gif

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Not a log, but still the funniest thing that I ever read on this site:

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

I like monkeys.

The pet store was selling them for 5¢ each. I thought that was odd since they were normally a couple thousand dollars each. I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I bought 200.

I like monkeys.

I took my 200 monkeys home.

I have a big car.

I let one of them drive. His name was Sigmund.

He was retarded. In fact, none of them were really bright. They kept punching themselves in their genitals.

I laughed.

Then they punched my genitals.

I stopped laughing.

I herded them into my apartment.

They didn't adapt very well to their new environment.

They would screech, hurl themselves off of the couch at high speeds and slam into the wall.

Although humorous at first, the spectacle lost its novelty halfway into its third hour.

Two hours later I found out why all the monkeys were so inexpensive: they all died.

No apparent reason.

They all just sort of dropped dead.

Kinda odd like when you buy a goldfish and it dies five hours later.

dadgum cheap monkeys.

I didn't know what to do. There were 200 dead monkeys lying all over my apartment. On the bed, in the dresser, hanging from my bookcase.

It looked like I had 200 throw rugs.

I tried to flush one down the toilet.

It didn't work. It got stuck.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey and 199 dead, dry monkeys.

I tried pretending that they were just stuffed animals.

That worked for a while.

That is until they began to decompose.

Then it started to smell real bad.

I had to pee but there was a dead monkey in the toilet and I didn't want to call the plumber.

I was embarrassed.

I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them.

Unfortunately, there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time, so I had to change them every 30 seconds.

I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't all go bad.

I tried burning them.

Little did I know my bed was flammable.

I had to extinguish the fire.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed.

The odor wasn't improving.

I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys or use the bathroom.

I severely beat one of my monkeys.

I felt better.

I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't allowed to dispose of charred primates.

I told him that I had a wet one.

He couldn't take that one either.

I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones.

I finally arrived at a solution.

I gave them out as Christmas gifts.

My friends didn't know quite what to say.

They pretended that they like them but I could tell they were lying.

Ingrates.

So I punched them in the genitals.

I like monkeys.

I guess I'll have to put them in a cache.

Joel (joefrog)

Now THAT'S funny!!!

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

I've gone back and read some of Oregone's logs. I had to stop reading them because I was laughing so hard I could not breathe.

I am hoping that after reading some of them others will be inspired to write more than "nice hike. TNLN. TFTC."

If I only had that kind of humor...

Animated_MiGO_A88.gif

"Let me see if I got this right... you have to buy an expensive GPSr to find a box of junk?" - T-Mac's Son

"There's happy meal toys in the boxes? Let's go" - T-Mac's Son again

I’ve been enamored with oregone ever since I read his first log. In fact I bribed him with PBR knowing he could not resist finding my geo and then logging one of his epic life stories or character building experiences. When I saw he logged the geo, I printed the log and found a nice place with a cold beer to enjoy what was guaranteed to be an adventure into the mind of strangely funny guy who enjoys geoing, soap lather and the possibility of cheerleaders, and of course PBR.

Now that we have made Oregone’s head bigger than it already is (im sure he’ll think of a way to make that a compliment—Hmmmmm), my husband wants me to leave on last piece of advice, Keep Your Women Away. I have no idea why he would say that?????

WestyCrew

SEEKER

quote:
Originally posted by sbukosky:

I don't mean to be insulting but he lost me 1/3rd of the way into the message. icon_confused.gif

I guess he never heard that brevity is the soul of wit. I understand offbeat humor and I've seen it before in reviews written by customers on some ecommerce sites. Granted, I only read a few of his logs after seeing this one, but it looks more like attention-whoring to me at the expense of others. This isn't a place to go off on some tangent trying to be like Woody Allen or something. If he want to do that, he can come here. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SamLowrey:

quote:
Originally posted by sbukosky:

I don't mean to be insulting but he lost me 1/3rd of the way into the message. icon_confused.gif

I guess he never heard that brevity is the soul of wit. I understand offbeat humor and I've seen it before in reviews written by customers on some ecommerce sites. Granted, I only read a few of his logs after seeing this one, but it looks more like attention-whoring to me at the expense of others. This isn't a place to go off on some tangent trying to be like Woody Allen or something. If he want to do that, he can come here. icon_biggrin.gif

...and then have the thread locked. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers!

TL

I agree that Oregone needs to be writing for MAD magazine. For my web site I went back over his last 200 finds or so and copied all of his long great epochs. For some stupid reason I was copying and editing them on a disk in drive A. Satisfied with that chore done, I popped the disk out of the computer. When I went to put it up on my web site next day, the disk was corrupted and I couldn't recover any of the information. See what Oregone's stories did? Thank God I didn't put it on my hard drive.

Vegetarian is Indian word for bad hunter

http://www.geocities.com/cacheinon

I liked soapy guy/rinsey guy... where do I find a guy like that? And any man who can entertain with posts as well as that will always have my admiration... a man who can write and make me laugh, what a combo... his wife is a lucky woman...

Not all who wander are lost

Here is a great entry in one of the Alaskan caches I established. We deal with the dark, cold and snow in the winter, but the summers can be worse with the MOSQUITOS! Read this log a clipped into this message:

We found this one without much trouble – an ingenious device that survived flooding. I actually found a fishing lure embedded in a tree near the cache at a height of over 7 feet. It was too far from the bank to have been miscast there.

Our Alaskan guide and host for our visit to this area demonstrated how real Alaskans cope with their famous state bird, the mosquito! As we were wrestling with the cache and trying to make a log entry, huge squadrons of mosquitoes rapidly got in formation and began their strafing run. You may have a hard time reading the entry, as we were in a pitched battle for our lives. If the log book is stained with blood, it’s ours. Don’t think we were able to retrieve any item from the cache, but was successful in donating a Pen and Card. Can’t really remember as we were getting pretty anemic.

As we looked to our guide for knowledge and wisdom in dealing with the hoards of blood thirsty self propelled daggers, all we could see was her dust as she headed back to the safety of her truck. It seems the Alaskan secret for coping with the nasty little vampires is to beat a hasty retreat!

We recommend bumping the difficulty rating up to ten stars, as flame throwers, DDT, DEET, and body armor are necessary.

Mosquitos aside, it is a great area and a fun find. Thanks.

- Pen&Card

Give Blood, Visit Alaska!

I used to write really long logs when I started out, but then I guess I just wore myself out. I'm basically to the point of forcing myself not to do the "TNLN" type logs. It's rather sad, really, cause the logs are like a mini journal, and help you to remember the caches that you've been to. And nice logs bring so much happiness to the cache owner. :rolleyes:

We all should really try harder. :D

After reading some of Oregone's logs, I've just redefined the word of funny, OMG my sides still hurt...

Tonight I'm gonna sit down wtih a good glass of brandy and spend the night reading some logs......

If you never see a post from me again, I died in laughter.......

Yeah, and apparently he has 200 or more finds still to write up...

At the risk of self-promotion, here are some "they wouldn't be this funny if they weren't true" logs I wrote this summer.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&log=y&decrypt= - multiple logs, scroll down to Aug 24, 2004 for the beginning of the saga

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&log=y&decrypt= - multiple logs, scroll down to Aug 24, 2004 for the beginning of the saga

Yep, I guess you could say Aug 24, 2004 was an eventful day for me.

-Dave R.

Holy crap! I was wondering why I came up with those pink panties when I was really fishing for Woundfin Minnows in the Virgin River! With all the flooding we've had this week, you will probably be able to catch almost anything in that river, including several caches.

Edited by coachsteve

Here's a short log from 4Wheelin Fool for a cache in a cemetery called "Guaranteed Creepy or Your Money Back". That's the name of the cache, not the cemetery.

"Found it! or I think I did. I dug into the ground about 6 feet deep and discovered a large box, but there was no log book inside, the cache looked kinda decayed."