New Terminology

Guest Markwell

Guest Markwell

Hmmm...

Decoupling of Compasses from Reality...

"Compass-Wander" (not really descriptive)

"Schitzoid Compass" (not bad, but it's the GPSr's directional ability that is gone schitzoid, not your compass)

The GPS becomes Directionally Impaired or Perceptively Impaired (sounds too much like a politically correct term)

Corriganed (after Douglas ''Wrong Way'' Corrigan a little obtuse)

Others?

------------------

Markwell

My Geocache Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

edited for format

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 26 December 2001).]

Guest HIltonfamily

Hey...Directionally impaired is too close to DxChallenged....... :rolleyes

I think you should call it "Yugga Keen"

Short for what fearless tells us as he moves out of site......

YOU GOTTA KEEP MOVIN!!!

For the longest time I thought that he just wanted to leave me behind with the slower Hiltons. Then he had me stop with GPS....

I got a compass for Christmas!!

DxChallenged

quote:
Originally posted by navdog:

The Bearing Blues

i second da "bearing blues"

that way you can explain the need for a regular compass to newbies by saying:

THIS WILL HAPPEN:

When you finally get within 100ft. of the cache, your gps is going to get the "bearing blues", and you'll have to do the "drunken-bee dance" to find the cache.

UNLESS YOU BRING A MAGNETIC COMPASS!

well you probly won't need the caps, but your get the idea....

[This message has been edited by welch (edited 26 December 2001).]

[This message has been edited by welch (edited 26 December 2001).]

Guest infosponge

I always considered this situation as the GPSR coming down with RCI (recto-cranial inversion).

Then I learned the line-up-the-sun-indicator trick (on a Magellan, anyway) and now it's TFSA (time for solar alignment). Compass? Don't need no steenking compass!

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Well, I don't know exactly what to call the decoupled compass, but the process of walking around and around and around the cache is... gyrocaching. icon_biggrin.gif

And gyrocaching is cause by cachefever.That uncontrolable urge to find that cache creates a giant field around the person holding the receiver rendering it useless,thos,if still not to far gone by the cachefever side effects,having off little mind left intack,turns the receiver off and bring out the compass to ......... icon_redface.gif to get home and geocache another day.

MadGPS icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Well, I don't know exactly what to call the decoupled compass, but the process of walking around and around and around the cache is... gyrocaching. icon_biggrin.gif

And gyrocaching is cause by cachefever.That uncontrolable urge to find that cache creates a giant field around the person holding the receiver rendering it useless,thos,if still not to far gone by the cachefever side effects,having off little mind left intack,turns the receiver off and bring out the compass to ......... icon_redface.gif to get home and geocache another day.

MadGPS icon_biggrin.gif

Guest AlienMonnky

quote:

My vote goes for this one!!!

Guest AlienMonnky

quote:

My vote goes for this one!!!

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Remember to take a regular magnetic compass with you or else you might get loose bearings and start gyrocaching, and we all know how frustrating the drunken-bee dance can be. Oh, and if you've got a Magellan GPS 315 (+/-5), do the hula wave every so often.

Yep, I think that works.

I thought of this one while reading Ramness570's story about 2 caches within 250 feet...

"Cacheuration", sounds like saturation and refers to a condition when a park, suburb or other locale has too many caches.