What is Geocaching to you...

JMBella

So, Canadazuuk had a great idea. Unfortunately people started bickering like children about God know what and the thread was closed. So if anyone would like to add what geocaching means to you, please do it here. It can be as long or as short as you like. It could be a poem or 1 word. This is not a contest. If your post is the best you're not going to win anything. I just think that thread had a lot of potential. Stay on topic and no negative remarks about anything! This is my contribution....

A hobby, An obsession for some.

An excuse for adults to play in the mud.

A walk, a hike, a climb,

It's why I don't care what's on Prime Time....

Doctors, lawyers, brokers, bankers,

blue collar tweekers and day laborers.

Richer or poorer whatever your culture

All you need is a sense of adventure...

Stress, anxiety, deadlines, pressure,

Zoloft, prozak, paxil, effexor!

I'M LOSING MY MIND MY COMPUTER IS CRASHING!....

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!

It’s 5 O’clock. I’m going Geocaching.

mystats.php?userid=jmb&vopt=user&txtdata=%233+out+of+4!&bgcol=006600&fgcol=ffffcc

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

seems the back stabbing and whinin on the lower main land has siezed another thread...

back to the point i do agree with the winner but..

it gives one an opportunity to think one is incognitoe with others watching and wondering what the H*** are they doing with those cell phone thingy's...

It gets me out of the house when I would otherwise be wondering if arthritis will allow me. Something about looking over the next rise...and the next...and the next.

J&MBella that avatar is a hoot...and no, I wouldn't think of the dog in that regard.

amishangel

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

GeoCaching to me (and in basic Hiking etc) ....is what Swiming is to sharks... They have to always keep swiming to stay alive...Me I have to Keep hiking, and while i'm hiking Finding out new and interesting things... i just recently entered the sport Of Geocaching...and i'm hooked for life ...i know that fer' sure... Living In And around Vancouver B.C. Canada really helps in that aspect as to the availabilty and the Diverse choice of terain for hiking and in regard... GeoCaching.. .... i'll sum it up...

"To Live is to love, if you cease loving...you'll cease living." -quote by me...

And i love GeoCaching... Wooooo!

--Alsid Prime--

GeoCaching for a goal.

Sunsets and moon-risings in places I never new existed. Secret little hideaways someone else cared enough to share. Afternoons and dark nights hiking with family and friends. Lazy walks, frantic dashes before the last light fades. waterfalls, trails, briars and bugs. Stuck in ditches, soggy britches. Whoops, mis-entered coordinates, "just a little further, not far now, where the heck is it, oh duh !"

And some of the biggest grins ! icon_biggrin.gif

Two roads diverged in the woods and I,

I took the one less traveled,

and that is how I found the cache.

Where I grew up, I could walk out my front door, drop into the canyons, and hike all day without seeing another person. Unfortunately, as an adult, I live in suburbia, and I had wanted to get back into hiking with my kids. Unfortunately, I could never find a reason/excuse to go, what with working, paying bills, trying to maintain the house, cars, and other toys (ATVs, jet skiis, motorhome, etc.) Add in 3 kids' school and sports schedules, and hiking dropped off the "able to do" list.

Then I discovered Geocaching. If nothing else, it has given us a reason to hike. It's no longer just going out for a hike, it's more of a quest, and therefore gives us the reason to go! I've lived in this area for 41 years, yet in the last couple of years I've been to more interesting places, close to home, than I ever knew existed. While the cache is the goal, the payoff is really the journey, and spending time hiking with my son (and daughters on some of the easier ones).

"A journey disguised as a destination" Yeah, I like that!icon_biggrin.gif

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing!