Roving caches...

I recently placed a MOVING cache... it is upto the player to decide where it goes and then post the bearing and distance to its new location from the last place it was at.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=16199

I was wondering if there were any other caches of this type or if you had any tother ideas for this type of cache(roving).

I have one more moving cache type planned but need to get out and place it.

Now where did I set my GPS???

quote:
Originally posted by SirRalanN:

...then post the bearing and distance to its new location from the last place it was at.

Question: It sounds like this turns into a multi-step cache with one step being added everytime someone finds (and hides) it. Start at the posted coordinates, go 0.69 miles at bearing 123 and find stump. From stump go 1.12 miles at bearing 129 degrees to get to Lone Rangers spot. From Lone Rangers spot go 0.33 miles at bearing 81 degrees to get to Rooster's spot. From Rooster's spot go 1.01 miles at bearing 140 degrees to get to Quad's spot.

Is this accurate or did I miss something?

quote:
Originally posted by SirRalanN:

You got the idea of what I was doing, it is a multi cache that the users add to the complexity of.

All of the multi-caches I am familar with have something at the end of each leg. With this cache, it seems like a cacher might not know exactly where each leg ends. The stump at the end of the first leg could be found, but what does the Lone Ranger's spot look like?

So, if you don't know exactly where each leg ends, then when you shoot a bearing and go a distance you might be getting further and further off of the intended 'trail'.

I guess we'll see how easily people find it after it gets 5 or 6 legs.

Here is a moving cache near Detroit Mich:

"Oakland Transit (Hidden)" by T'Dog (GC4084)

This cache is picked up by a cacher who finds it, then rehides it somewhere else in the same county(Oakland). Each time it is found and rehidden, it is updated as a new cache each time. I went yesterday, but could'nt find the darn thing. When it becomes new again, you can try finding it again, and log it again as another find.

5_Rubik.gif