Whats in a name!!

What is in the meaning of your alter ego Geocache name?? I go by seeker bp. Seeker, in that I am always seeking something new to discover. Geocaching is very high on my discovering list. I have seen many a things I would have never known existed in my own State of Ohio, and I contribute that to the many, and I mean many Geocachers out there!! Heres too Us!!!

It all started many many years ago, when we first recieved the magic of the internet through AOL. The time came for me to pick my screen name. Finally my turn I thought. But alas I found myself with a shortness of words. At the time i was wearing my favorit T-Shirt with a picture of an eagle and "The American Spirit" written on it. A shortned name of the word became my screen name, and has stuck ever since.

There are 10 types of people in the world..those that understand binary and those that don't

My name is Rob... have been called Roberto by many friends since back in junior high - used the nickname Roberto on IRC for a while, until a fellow using the same nickname also joined IRC. I wouldn't have minded much, but he was a frequent visitor to the gaychat channels - which would lead to a lot of HIS 'friends' sending me private messages, thinking I was him.

Roberto quickly became Rubbertoe. icon_smile.gif

It stuck - I've used it online for a while, and when I had my crappy public access show in Columbus Ohio. :)

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

My name is Rob... have been called Roberto by many friends since back in junior high - used the nickname Roberto on IRC for a while, until a fellow using the same nickname also joined IRC. I wouldn't have minded much, but he was a frequent visitor to the gaychat channels - which would lead to a lot of HIS 'friends' sending me private messages, thinking I was him.

Roberto quickly became Rubbertoe. icon_smile.gif

It stuck - I've used it online for a while, and when I had my crappy public access show in Columbus Ohio. :)

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

my log in name is ionekoa, that's what someone i care for a great deal used to call me (i miss her icon_frown.gif ) it's the hawaiian version of my name. then there's vash, my hero. to understand that you have to be willing to watch anime, Trigun is the name of the show, and its the only one i like enough so far to buy every episode on DVD. i would highly recomend it IT'S GREAT!!! in fact, its gonnaa become my trademark, expect to see some trigun themecaches out there...

my log in name is ionekoa, that's what someone i care for a great deal used to call me (i miss her icon_frown.gif ) it's the hawaiian version of my name. then there's vash, my hero. to understand that you have to be willing to watch anime, Trigun is the name of the show, and its the only one i like enough so far to buy every episode on DVD. i would highly recomend it IT'S GREAT!!! in fact, its gonnaa become my trademark, expect to see some trigun themecaches out there...

I work for a modestly sized transit authority in Central Ohio. Come to think of it, we are the ONLY Transit Authority in Central Ohio.

I was a bus driver at Ohio State's transit system when I was a student and I grew up in the greatest city for transit (and everything else, for that matter!!), New York.

The best part is that sometimes I get to play with a pretty cool GPS based vehilcle location system at work.....

quote:
Originally posted by azog:

I've been using azog as my pseudonym since like 1987 or 1988. Does anyone remember Q-Link? It was originally a network for C-64'ers. It grew up into AOL.

Azog,

I was a Q-link member from about 1985 until 1988... I was Zozz, my hacked-last-name nickname in middle school.

Now I'm anti-AOL.. but Q-link was pretty cool. Me and my 1670 1200 baud modem, later upgraded to a Minimodem-C24 2400 baud.

Jamie

My nick came from my other hobby.... medieval/renaissance re-creation. In the societies that I play in, I depict a 16th Cen. Scottish privateer named Gavvin Quinn. His ship is called the Sea Wolf and his crew is the Wolfpack. My avatar is our Jolly Roger (sometimes we are more pirate than privateer!).

I"m Lost & found... becuz my husband and I had gotten really lost one day while hunting and decided that we needed more then the compasses. So we bought a GPS. He left it up to me to learn how to use it. That's how I found Geocaching. He goes on some of the geocaching hunts, but he's not as wild about it as I am, tho I haven't had as much time for it as i would like. I've got other nicks on the internet, but "lost & found" fits geocaching for now.

What I do today is Important - I spent a day in my life doing it.

Well, ours is from college. My husband and I met on the 9th floor of Moore Hall at Kansas State, hence Moore9KSUcats.

BTW... I was Aunty M on Q-link, from about 1987, until its demise. The last couple of years I wasn't online much, because we had moved, and didn't have a local connection for a while. AOL just isn't anything like it. Q was a community.

Geez, I feel so unimaginative. Mine is just taken from my e-mail address. It's simply my first name, combined with a shortened version of my last name (which has become sort of a generic family nickname over the years).

I should have come up with something more interesting, but I guess its too late now.

Now does anybody out there know what the heck a Stayfloopy is?

quote:

AOL just isn't anything like it. Q was a community.

When I said Q "grew up" into AOL, I wasn't suggesting that AOL was better or more mature than Q. I'm fairly anti-AOL (sorry to any AOLers), but most people aren't aware of Quantum's humble beginnings, and I wonder if AOL will even admit it.

I remember a Q-Party in NH. I had no address or names, we just got in the car and drove from NJ to NH. We actually found the place, too.

Ah, nostalgia. I could talk for a long time, but I won't icon_smile.gif

quote:

AOL just isn't anything like it. Q was a community.

When I said Q "grew up" into AOL, I wasn't suggesting that AOL was better or more mature than Q. I'm fairly anti-AOL (sorry to any AOLers), but most people aren't aware of Quantum's humble beginnings, and I wonder if AOL will even admit it.

I remember a Q-Party in NH. I had no address or names, we just got in the car and drove from NJ to NH. We actually found the place, too.

Ah, nostalgia. I could talk for a long time, but I won't icon_smile.gif

-Begin Excerpt from web site-

If you're asking what a Bitbrain is, you might be a Bitbrain. If you found this page without having to ask nine people for help, you might not be a Bitbrain. A Bitbrain needs everything to be (using the Bit analogy) either ON or OFF, 1 or 0, black or white. The guy who made a right turn from the inside lane and caused you to spill your coffee all over yourself this morning is probably a Bitbrain (among other things).

Sure. Everyone has those brief moments that might qualify as "bitbrainish", but these are just brain farts. The true Bitbrain stumbles blindly from one ignorant situation to the next without ever realizing it.

-End Excerpt from web site-

I think I use Bitbrain for my cacher-name (and e-mail address) as a way to remind myself not to become one... icon_wink.gif

- "This river don’t go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn." -

-Begin Excerpt from web site-

If you're asking what a Bitbrain is, you might be a Bitbrain. If you found this page without having to ask nine people for help, you might not be a Bitbrain. A Bitbrain needs everything to be (using the Bit analogy) either ON or OFF, 1 or 0, black or white. The guy who made a right turn from the inside lane and caused you to spill your coffee all over yourself this morning is probably a Bitbrain (among other things).

Sure. Everyone has those brief moments that might qualify as "bitbrainish", but these are just brain farts. The true Bitbrain stumbles blindly from one ignorant situation to the next without ever realizing it.

-End Excerpt from web site-

I think I use Bitbrain for my cacher-name (and e-mail address) as a way to remind myself not to become one... icon_wink.gif

- "This river don’t go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn." -

ROCKDOCTORS

Speaks for itself really. My wife to be and I are both geologists. We get payed to look at rocks. Hmmm kind of weird, but its true. We always encorporate geocaching and geological excursions in the Rocky Mountains of Western Canada. We plan on placing a number of interesting caches that somehow involve the regional geology and paleontology. Chech out out Rugose Coral Cache napgravy logged it on June 30 and took a bunch of cool pics.426279_300.jpg

I have always liked the color orange.

I guess I always wanted to be a hunter or maybe a convict.

Well last Christmas I was given a box of crayons by my sister. It was a joke the whole box contained orange crayons. What do you do with a box of orange crayons?

Not long after started geocaching, well, I became Orange and sign the log and leave an orange crayon in the cache.

My sister enjoyed caching too and so became Jungle Green and got herself a box of crayons too.

Uhhh, I am obviously nowhere near as creative as some of you - my name is "Texas-Gal" because I am a gal, and I am from Texas.

This topic makes me wish I had chosen the other nickname I sometimes register under- TexasDomer - which comes from the fact that I went to both UTexas, and Notre Dame (where students are called "Domers" after the big golden dome on campus).

But "Domer" sounds decidedly less feminine than "Gal" - so I went with gal.

quote:
Originally posted by Orange:

Not long after started geocaching, well, I became Orange and sign the log and leave an orange crayon in the cache.

I've been wondering... do you have to buy a box of crayons just to get one orange crayon or is there a place where you can get just orange crayons?

Whenever I see one orange and one green crayon in the cache, I know who's been there without reading the log book. icon_smile.gif

quote:

I've been wondering... do you have to buy a box of crayons just to get one orange crayon or is there a place where you can get just orange crayons?

Whenever I see one orange and one green crayon in the cache, I know who's been there without reading the log book. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Now does anybody out there know what the heck a Stayfloopy is?

Heheh... ok, I'll explain.

In the neighboring town of Park Ridge, there once was a sign that read "PARK RIDGE FLOOPING". That's where I got it from after a bit of playing around with that last word. They have since replaced that sign to read "FLOORING" as intended.

quote:
Originally posted by StayFloopy:

Heheh... ok, I'll explain.

In the neighboring town of Park Ridge, there once was a sign that read "PARK RIDGE FLOOPING". That's where I got it from after a bit of playing around with that last word. They have since replaced that sign to read "FLOORING" as intended.

floopin.gif

stealyourcache.jpg

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills

One man gathers what another man spills - St. Stephen (on caching)

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

quote:
Originally posted by seeker bp (Team E-Trex):

What is in the meaning of your alter ego Geocache name?? I go by seeker bp. Seeker, in that I am always seeking something new to discover. Geocaching is very high on my discovering list. I have seen many a things I would have never known existed in my own State of Ohio, and I contribute that to the many, and I mean many Geocachers out there!! Heres too Us!!!

"Seay" is my last name. Seay me is sort of a play on words (see me).

Chip

quote:

I have always liked the color orange.

A long time ago I had a dream. In the dream I was a detective solving a mystery. The clue was Flourescent Orange. Alas I woke up before I could figure out what the hecke that meant. That was the entire clue. There wasn't an object that was orange. It was the color itself.

quote:
Originally posted by StayFloopy:

My sister discovered that at www.crayola.com you can order a whole box of just one color and that is how I got a box of just orange crayons. Pretty cool you can custom make your own box.

Later she ordered herself the box of jungle green crayons after obtaining jungle green here at geocaching.

Had the same dilemma when trying to choose a screen name back in 1992. All the obvious ones I wanted were gone so arrived at bigcall using my fairly large dimensions (6'7", 260 lbs) and the first 4 letters of my last name. It's stuck ever since through about 7 different ISP's and various usernames. Only have to remember 1. icon_razz.gif

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

Had the same dilemma when trying to choose a screen name back in 1992. All the obvious ones I wanted were gone so arrived at bigcall using my fairly large dimensions (6'7", 260 lbs) and the first 4 letters of my last name. It's stuck ever since through about 7 different ISP's and various usernames. Only have to remember 1. icon_razz.gif

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

quote:
Originally posted by Sea Wolf:

My nick came from my other hobby.... medieval/renaissance re-creation. In the societies that I play in, I depict a 16th Cen. Scottish privateer named Gavvin Quinn.

Are you in the SCA? Just curious.

SimonG

Mine's from poorly remembered Elizabethan sayings. My husband and I were talking about the saying "as full of x(whatever the thing one is discussing is) as an egg is of meat." Then somewhere in the discussion it mutated to "as full of x as an evil rooster is of eggs."

I use this nick in most online communities I'm involved in. It has the additional advantage of making me seem male, which cuts the hassling. icon_smile.gif

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

Mine's from poorly remembered Elizabethan sayings. My husband and I were talking about the saying "as full of x(whatever the thing one is discussing is) as an egg is of meat." Then somewhere in the discussion it mutated to "as full of x as an evil rooster is of eggs."

I use this nick in most online communities I'm involved in. It has the additional advantage of making me seem male, which cuts the hassling. icon_smile.gif

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

quote:
Originally posted by Cachier:

The dude? He's Kokopelli

My reference to him is the musical side of Kokopelli. He's also a flute player. Mind you , I play the flute: badly. Music Ed vocal major, instrumental minor, clarinet as a main instrument. Now I sing and play piano and direct...

...and find small boxes in the woods.

Plus, I kinda thought this rendition of him made his head look like Sputnik.

sputnik.jpg

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers