Beware the Geobuddy Fraud

Note following thread:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3810966883&m=8960949605

Who is this Geobuddy and what is his agenda? Hard to say. I do believe that the "dangers" stated in his cache logs don't add up. A NJ watersnake wrapping itself around a kid and biting it? This ain't the freakin' Amazon. The snakes here run (or crawl) like hell when someone comes along. A trap set at another cache that causes a head injury? Both of these caches have had numerous visits, yet the only person who encountered these "dangers" was this Geobuddy. Does this make sense? Who is he and what does he want? Is he only out to harrass the owner of theses caches? Or is he some litigation happy miscreant who is laying the groundwork for a lawsuit? Who knows. What is known is that there are no log entries by him in any of the caches that he claims to have visited. He's a fake, a phony, a fraud and a liar...but the real question is,what does he have up his sleeve?

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Kelle

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 01, 2002 at 05:22 AM.]

but warranted if you are right. However, I'm going to need a little more info (evidence) before I conclude that he's a fraud. What else do you know about this guy?

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

Heh... what makes you concerned about him now, several weeks after he's been gone? That, and he only made 3 posts here. icon_smile.gif Perhaps his inability to find a cache without being overcome by wild animals has caused him to reconsider the hobby. icon_wink.gif But having only made a couple of posts, and only logged a couple of caches - I can't imagine him being much of a threat to anyone.

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

Heh... what makes you concerned about him now, several weeks after he's been gone? That, and he only made 3 posts here. icon_smile.gif Perhaps his inability to find a cache without being overcome by wild animals has caused him to reconsider the hobby. icon_wink.gif But having only made a couple of posts, and only logged a couple of caches - I can't imagine him being much of a threat to anyone.

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

I read the post, and it was either a troll or an incredibly inept / fatefully clumsy / indoorsman guy. The guy who trips on carpet alot, a meteorite hits or freaks when he gets mud on his tires. If it's any of the latter, look for a slightly used, slightly scratched GPS for sale soon.

If he visits the Cape, he better be careful, we have whales that are attacking beaches.... icon_rolleyes.gif

I read the post, and it was either a troll or an incredibly inept / fatefully clumsy / indoorsman guy. The guy who trips on carpet alot, a meteorite hits or freaks when he gets mud on his tires. If it's any of the latter, look for a slightly used, slightly scratched GPS for sale soon.

If he visits the Cape, he better be careful, we have whales that are attacking beaches.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Lets see, he logs the caches on the website, but he's afraid to sign the logbooks? if this guy is for real, then not only is he a klutz, but he also seems to be putting the tinfoil on the wrong side of his hat.

PS. Welcome back Cape Cod Cacher!

Illegitimus non carborundum!

let me get this staright. People are logging on the net they have been to a cache, and they really have not visited them in real life form. Is that not the power of the cache owner to have that majical (heehee majic) to hit the delete button on his log?? maybe its the owner who is doiing this trying to make his caches more appealing!! Who knows!!!

Hey Rubbertoe...

Is your Toe's picture turning redder and looking angrier?

He looked like a happy toe before, as I recall. I have been wrong before, though.

Or - and I am speculating here - is the Toe pictured above your good Toe's EVIL TWIN? OMG!

Inquiring minds want to know.

As for the "Can you hear me now?"-thing...

I'm an amateur radio operator and this commercial has started a rash of hams saying that. "Good!"

I'm beginning to hate that theme music.

RedwoodRed

---

How much red would a redwood red if a redwood could red wood?

Sounls like a friend of mine (except that I'm 2000 miles from NJ). Poor Joe is the one who finds the broken glass to step on, falls off the roof, dislocates shoulders playing frisbee with his kids, and is absolutely the last person you want to stand next too in a thunderstorm!

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

Sounls like a friend of mine (except that I'm 2000 miles from NJ). Poor Joe is the one who finds the broken glass to step on, falls off the roof, dislocates shoulders playing frisbee with his kids, and is absolutely the last person you want to stand next too in a thunderstorm!

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

I don't know if he is a fraud or not...but as far as water snakes go it is quite likely. There are several hundred different spieces of water snakes and most of them are very aggressive. Thankfully there is only one that is posinous.

Just an old farts 2 cents worth.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

There are no snakes at the site. There are no dangerous obstacles at the other site the guy claims to have been injured at.

And even though I have met both BrianSnat and Gwho and can attest that they are "manly family men," I am staying out of any woods they visit wearing the costumes depicted in their avatars. icon_wink.gif

There are no snakes at the site. There are no dangerous obstacles at the other site the guy claims to have been injured at.

And even though I have met both BrianSnat and Gwho and can attest that they are "manly family men," I am staying out of any woods they visit wearing the costumes depicted in their avatars. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

icon_biggrin.gif I never saw that Brian Snat avatar till Marc mentioned it, so either I'm oblivious or Brian's really loosening up. Next you'll try to make some connection between my avatar photo & my love of the NJ Palisades... icon_biggrin.gif

My friends medevial wedding where I wore the costume featured in my avatar pic...

[This message was edited by Gwho on August 11, 2002 at 03:15 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

icon_biggrin.gif I never saw that Brian Snat avatar till Marc mentioned it, so either I'm oblivious or Brian's really loosening up. Next you'll try to make some connection between my avatar photo & my love of the NJ Palisades... icon_biggrin.gif

My friends medevial wedding where I wore the costume featured in my avatar pic...

[This message was edited by Gwho on August 11, 2002 at 03:15 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by SunCrush & Traumajunkie21:

let me get this staright. People are logging on the net they have been to a cache, and they really have not visited them in real life form. Is that not the power of the cache owner to have that majical (heehee majic) to hit the delete button on his log?? maybe its the owner who is doiing this trying to make his caches more appealing!! Who knows!!!

I wasn't going to bring any attention to this, BUT since Brian did and seeing the questions being posted, I figure I'll log in.

#1: No log at hackensack greenway, none at Green Acres or the other. I checked. haven't checked the other tow yet but I believe I won't find any there either

#2: Falling & needing stitches at John Ringling? Possible. Encountering a snake at Hackensack greenway? Theoretically possible. Having one attack your 3 yr old son? ALmost laughable. I imagine something here out of Acve Ventura When Nature Calls just thinking about it.

#3: Geobuddy encounters problems at two sites placed by the same person (me) and then logs 3 caches all within literally 250 yards of the other two, but no others before or since then.

#4: Claims to be a Verizon supervisor. Gee I work for Verizon and if we take that at face value, that's gonna keep from me questioning too hard. I mean after all we don't want to p iss off the boss do we?

#5: Fantastic logs alone wouldn't be enough, but all of the above combined screams out fake finds. Hmmm... seems targeted at me, to either keep people from my caches, make me miserable or both. It certainly had me thinking about it pretty hard. Posed ther question to Jeremy... guess what this guys email address is? gwho@yahoo.com

Proof enough that this is targeted at me? I'm quite sure that was meant as sarcasm, but believe me, if I wanted to make my caches more desireable I wouldn't be telling folks that I was Inspector Clouseau out there... Jeremy felt that there was enough evidence that geobuddy was a fraud & pulled the logs. All of them. I'm relieved, but I can't help but wonder if this is the same joker whose been leaving caches out in the open... That's not targetted at me cause he's hit a variety of caches left by numerous individuals. Still aggrevating though. geo Terrorists Part Deux almost...

I've no idea who geobuddy is or why he feels the need to try to make miserable, but I've got only one thing to say. I've lost 3 caches recently & if the trends continue, I'll just switch over & only Weird Nj virtuals & I'd like to see the geobuddies of the world try & screw with them! What are they gonna say next? "Oh I fell down and hurt my leg while going to this virtual cache!" hehehehe. icon_wink.gif

www.gpswnj.com

[This message was edited by Gwho on August 03, 2002 at 09:44 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by SunCrush & Traumajunkie21:

I wasn't going to bring any attention to this, BUT since Brian did and seeing the questions being posted, I figure I'll log in.

#1: No log at hackensack greenway, none at Green Acres or the other. I checked. haven't checked the other tow yet but I believe I won't find any there either

#2: Falling & needing stitches at John Ringling? Possible. Encountering a snake at Hackensack greenway? Theoretically possible. Having one attack your 3 yr old son? ALmost laughable. I imagine something here out of Acve Ventura When Nature Calls just thinking about it.

#3: Geobuddy encounters problems at two sites placed by the same person (me) and then logs 3 caches all within literally 250 yards of the other two, but no others before or since then.

#4: Claims to be a Verizon supervisor. Gee I work for Verizon and if we take that at face value, that's gonna keep from me questioning too hard. I mean after all we don't want to p iss off the boss do we?

#5: Fantastic logs alone wouldn't be enough, but all of the above combined screams out fake finds. Hmmm... seems targeted at me, to either keep people from my caches, make me miserable or both. It certainly had me thinking about it pretty hard. Posed ther question to Jeremy... guess what this guys email address is? gwho@yahoo.com

Proof enough that this is targeted at me? I'm quite sure that was meant as sarcasm, but believe me, if I wanted to make my caches more desireable I wouldn't be telling folks that I was Inspector Clouseau out there... Jeremy felt that there was enough evidence that geobuddy was a fraud & pulled the logs. All of them. I'm relieved, but I can't help but wonder if this is the same joker whose been leaving caches out in the open... That's not targetted at me cause he's hit a variety of caches left by numerous individuals. Still aggrevating though. geo Terrorists Part Deux almost...

I've no idea who geobuddy is or why he feels the need to try to make miserable, but I've got only one thing to say. I've lost 3 caches recently & if the trends continue, I'll just switch over & only Weird Nj virtuals & I'd like to see the geobuddies of the world try & screw with them! What are they gonna say next? "Oh I fell down and hurt my leg while going to this virtual cache!" hehehehe. icon_wink.gif

www.gpswnj.com

[This message was edited by Gwho on August 03, 2002 at 09:44 PM.]