I'm concerned...

quote:
Originally posted by Verboten:

Woodsters Outdoors hasn't posted in 23 hours.

Should someone call SAR?

-Vb

Edit: I'm gonna feel like a total a$$hole if anything really happened to him.

Maybe he's out finding geocaches?

edit: Nope, never mind! icon_biggrin.gif

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

No need to be concerned , but your still a total .......

Come on, Brian. You have to admit that you've been a rather prolific poster in your short tenure here.

I was just making fun. You shouldn't take **** so seriously.

-Vb

Verboten, I was joking with you as well, you left it open. Luckily/Unluckily I am in a position that I am online most all day long(during the week) and don't have the chance to search for caches during the week normally. My time to go after them is only on the weekends and then not everytime I don't get the chance to go then. I like geocaching, so if I can talk about it, it keeps me interested. If not then I would lose interest in it. Trust me, I do what I can and when I can, but my family comes first. Yes GPSaxophone, he may have 3 times as much but he has been here a couple months longer as well. It may be easier for him to go out than I.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Find counts are also dependent on the area you live in.

I happen to live in an area where it's easy to go out again and again and still have 100's of caches within an hour's drive.

My buddy back in Indiana has maybe a few dozen within the same distance.

Hence my find count is about three times his and we started caching about the exact same time.

At any rate it's not the number of caches you've found but the quality of the experiences you had in finding them. At least that's my thinking on the matter.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

Woodsters, I was saying that in jest. I once had only a few finds and lost my GPSr. I still surfed the forums until I could replace it 6 months later. I had a few hundred posts under my belt by then. I'm trying to catch back up by finding at least 15 caches a month.

As far as finds by area, New Mexico has only 443 caches. Massachusetts is a much smaller state, but has 703. Obviously, the longer you have been caching the more finds you should have. It is somewhat determined by the cache density in your area, but more by your available time to go caching. I make the time, so I find quite a few. Many people find more per month than I do, and I think most find fewer. It isn't a contest, I just like getting outdoors more often than some.

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

There are plenty of caches around here....but like I stated, there are only certain times that I can go out after them and then sometimes those times are not practical due to family things. My wife makes the money. That is one reason we have moved to Massachusetts was for a job that she took. She's in the medical field and makes a lot more money than I did or would in my previous career, Law Enformcement. I run a few websites as well as stay home with our kids, 2yr (almost) and a 12 yr old. It's all more than a full time job. A little over a year ago, we decided for me to stay home with the kids. Our 2 yr old was in daycare and every other week she would be sick or something. Since then she has been sick maybe once. My wife doesn't get home until 6 or so in the evening. She is also a Beauty Consultant and that takes her time away as well. So during the week it is not feasible for us, son and I, to go after caches. Weather is also an obstacle up here for us.

Brian

For those concerned, we did 4 caches today. Would of been 5 caches, but one was on private property or you had to park on private property (apartment complex) in tenant assigned parking places and cross the playground area to get to the woods where it was located.

Brian