Feel Like I was in on the ground floor

Guest Rocky

Guest jeremy

Ah. Well. There have been over 12 thousand accounts created on the web site. The Groundspeak forums only recently have required logins to post, and not everyone gets involved enough to have ongoing discussions. So perhaps the first 10 thousand accounts could be considered "ground floor?"

icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest jeremy

Ah. Well. There have been over 12 thousand accounts created on the web site. The Groundspeak forums only recently have required logins to post, and not everyone gets involved enough to have ongoing discussions. So perhaps the first 10 thousand accounts could be considered "ground floor?"

icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest Silver

Rocky,

The "Registered" date next to the person's name tells how long you have been registered. That and the number of posts tells a little about the people here.

Look at Jeremy. He must have been here a LONG time! icon_smile.gif

Silver

Guest Silver

Rocky,

The "Registered" date next to the person's name tells how long you have been registered. That and the number of posts tells a little about the people here.

Look at Jeremy. He must have been here a LONG time! icon_smile.gif

Silver

Guest bunkerdave

I am not against such data being shown, I am just not sure it has any value to the game. If you want to know how long someone has been caching, you can find their first cache placed and look at the date. I found my first cache on April 26, but it was a little while after that before I placed one. IMHO, a person isn't really a "GeoCacher" until they own a cache. Until then, they are really more like a "cache-hunter."

Guest makaio

"the number of posts tells a little about the people here."

True - for some it means they've been here awhile. For others, it just means they have alot to say.

I hope my count makes me a member of the former icon_smile.gif

Guest makaio

"the number of posts tells a little about the people here."

True - for some it means they've been here awhile. For others, it just means they have alot to say.

I hope my count makes me a member of the former icon_smile.gif

Guest Cache-potato

Man, I hate being the new guy. Hey, wait a minute, WE'RE ALL NEW GUYS!! In the last week I have found 8 caches and placed 2. I have got it bad. BTW, intially I found 5 caches, hid 1 and logged em in under my first account, which I hastily created. Upon giving the game the kind of thought it deserved I changed my name and created another account. Is there a way to get the activity under my original account moved to my present one?

Guest placeman

Log in with the old account. Go to each cache and delete your log. Then log back in with your new account and re-log those caches with the appropriate date.

quote:
Originally posted by Cache-potato:

Man, I hate being the new guy. Hey, wait a minute, WE'RE ALL NEW GUYS!! In the last week I have found 8 caches and placed 2. I have got it bad. BTW, intially I found 5 caches, hid 1 and logged em in under my first account, which I hastily created. Upon giving the game the kind of thought it deserved I changed my name and created another account. Is there a way to get the activity under my original account moved to my present one?

Guest Cache-potato

quote:
Originally posted by placeman:

Log in with the old account. Go to each cache and delete your log. Then log back in with your new account and re-log those caches with the appropriate date.

Thanx placeman, I did just that with the logs but whattabout the cache I have hidden under the orginal moniker? Maybe I should just leave it alone?

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Cache-potato:

What about the cache I have hidden under the original moniker? Maybe I should just leave it alone?

Just let me know what the account was under (and your new account), and I'll do the conversion. Send email to contact@geocaching.com

Jeremy

Guest lhbadman

Not that I even consider this idea worth Jeremy's labor, but I have to chime in. I've been Geocaching for a few months (with 8 hidden, I might add), but just started in the forums. So- there's a disparity between the dates of membership in Geocaching and what you see next to my name in the forums.

Forget about the "ground floor" recognition, just keep a good sport going!