Barbra Streisand's Estate Coordinates

Hey, did anyone happen to read the article about Barbra Streisand's lawsuit. She's suing some guy that took 12,100 pictures of the California Coastline, ONE of which has her estate on it. She claims that it is an invasion of her privacy. IMHO, it's a total BS lawsuit.

Anyway, I checked out the guys website and found the aforementioned picture of her estate. Click below:

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=3850&mode=sequential

Notice that all the pictures have lat/long coordinates. I'm almost tempted to place a cache right below her estate. How funny would that be? icon_cool.gif

BTW, the coordinates are: N34 00.65 W118 47.24

--CoronaKid

Looking at that picture of her estate a little more closely, I think I see a beached whale in the lower right-hand corner...oh, wait, my mistake, that's Babs herself laying out next to her golf cart (that's right, a golf cart for the beach, the insanity continues).

Very often landmark homes are named after those who own them. Such is the nature of things.

I still refer to caches by their names. Not their LL or their waypoint number.

What a crock.

If she was butt naked in that pic the 4 pixels that represent her would not be decypherable as anything other than a peach colored pixel. Big whoop.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Can she sue herself for enticment? If she had been more discreet people might not have known so much. Who cares anyway, California coastal erosion will doom this property. California probably bulldozes 5 houses a year into the ocean because the beach is natually eroded.

Boo Hoo?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

quote:
Originally posted by CoronaKid:

Notice that all the pictures have lat/long coordinates. I'm almost tempted to place a cache right below her estate. How funny would that be? icon_cool.gif

BTW, the coordinates are: N34 00.65 W118 47.24

--CoronaKid

There is already a cache at N34 00.107 W118 48.390 a little over a mile from Ms. Streisand's house. I guess another along the beach here would be okay. You can actually walk beneath her cliff here at low tide.

By the way the coordinate for the picture are the coodinates of the helicopter from where the picture was taken (probably read from a hand held GPSr)

東西南北

-- I found it in the last place I looked.[/i

Must of been a Freudian slip - it's what came to mind although I was thinking along the lines of "bob tube: rather than just ....well you get the picture! icon_redface.gif

Actually the picture itself is very good. This one was taken with a Nikon D1X - 6MB pix. Here's the Exif details on the Streisand picture actually taken last Sept.

Notice the "GPSInfo - 732". I'm guessing you can hook up a GPS to the camera so you record and store the position of where each picture was taken. I'm surprised the photographer did not use it since he was doing a study all along the coast. How did he keep track of each picture without it? Seems like it would have been real handy to have the coordinates of ewach pix. Hmmm.

Alan

ImageDescription -

Make - NIKON CORPORATION

Model - Mod NIKON D1X

XResolution - 300

YResolution - 300

ResolutionUnit - 2 (inch)

Software - Ver.1.01

DateTime - 2002:09:23 13:40:04

YCbCrPositioning - 1 (center of pixel array)

Copyright - Copyright,

ExifOffset - 302

GPSInfo - 732

ExposureTime - 2/1000 seconds

FNumber - 4.8000

ExposureProgram - 4 (shutter priority)

ExifVersion - 120

DateTimeOriginal - 2002:09:23 13:40:04

DateTimeDigitized - 2002:09:23 13:40:04

ComponentsConfiguration - 0 3 2 (CrCb)

ExposureBiasValue - 0.0000

MaxApertureValue - F 2.83

MeteringMode - 5 (multi-segment)

FocalLength - 65 mm

UserComment - Adelman

SubsecTime - 892403712

SubsecTimeOriginal - 892403712

SubsecTimeDigitized - 892403712

FlashPixVersion - 010

ColorSpace - 1 (sRGB)

ExifImageWidth - 0

ExifImageHeight - 0

SensingMethod - 2 (other)

FileSource - 768 (other)

SceneType - 256 (other)

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Looking at that picture of her estate a little more closely, I think I see a beached whale in the lower right-hand corner...oh, wait, my mistake, that's Babs herself laying out next to her golf cart (that's right, a golf cart for the beach, the insanity continues).

No, I think your mistaken 360, that's no whale...just her nose! icon_razz.gif

I think we should all applaud Babs' effort here. Not only has she managed to stop the evil poor people from invading her personal hemisphere, she's also making leaps and bounds in her research towards finding the upwards limits of the human ego. I mean, to think, we actually thought that other celebrities had big heads....she's taking our evolution to the next level. icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Well, you can have the party on her beach... she won't care. In fact, she does not live there anymore.

Don't you remember, her and a bunch of the -WOOD- crew promised that if George W. Bush became President, they were leaving the country. And everyone KNOWS that people from Hollywood are truthful and honest. They are gone! Have your party.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I wasn't able to see much detail on the estate, but I was able to pick out her nose. Oops, did I say "pick"?

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie DC:

California has something called an anti-SLAPP statute. I wonder if that could apply to this seemingly innocent documentary of the California coastline.

I think I saw somewhere on that site that the people who run the site have already filed one.