Cache idea - input?

tntyz

I've been thinking about placing a cache based on the book/movie "Pay it Forward". This would be a traditional cache with an added bonus (depending on how you look at it). People would be encouraged to log some act of kindness that they performed, say, within the week prior to doing the cache. After a few months I would post another poll here so that we could all vote on the "best" one. Winner would get the coordinates to a new cache. After a while I would just turn this into a regular mutli.

It kinda reminds me a little bit of Deadly Duck: Anger but opposite. icon_biggrin.gif Maybe you could somehow make this a Travel Bug idea, tntyz?

quote:
Current GOAL: Tell a short story about committing the terrible sin of anger. Nothing incredibly evil. An example may be to be irritated by that guy who left his blinker on for miles, and miles, and miles...

-----

You must be present to win.

It kinda reminds me a little bit of Deadly Duck: Anger but opposite. icon_biggrin.gif Maybe you could somehow make this a Travel Bug idea, tntyz?

quote:
Current GOAL: Tell a short story about committing the terrible sin of anger. Nothing incredibly evil. An example may be to be irritated by that guy who left his blinker on for miles, and miles, and miles...

-----

You must be present to win.

quote:
Originally posted by boblog2:

I dont not want to discorage you but I just got throwen off this website because of a unikue idea for a cach. forget about the hole thing. it is shamfule what happen hear when you try to have a good idea.

Bob, Your idea was idiotic. Your idea had potentially harmful effects on people. This idea is completely harmless. I think you should go ahead a create this cache. If people don't like the idea they don't have to play.

How about this one - you make it into a travel bug, but the goal would be that the person will take the TB with them when they do something nice - for example, you go and read to a group of kids sick in the hospital, you bring the TB with you ( maybe take a picture of the TB while you are doing the good deed) and then record it and pass it on. Other ideas for people to do would be delivering meals on wheels, stuffing envelopes for a charity, driving someone to the dr or grocery store. Doesn't have to be big, I just think it would be cool to see how many different acts of kindness your TB would participate in!

I really like HamsterMom's idea. If there was a travel bug with some type of character attached (a stuffed animal, etc), and the person that had it did a "good deed", such as visiting kids in the hospital, walking dogs at the humane society, giving a presentation to the Boy/GirlScouts on GeoCaching, etc. A picture would be cool to record the situation. Then the cacher would post on the web what they did. After awhile, we all could vote on which one we thought was the coolest/neatest/nicest/etc. Maybe the winner could get an autographed picture of Jeremy or something...

quote:
Originally posted by boblog2:

I dont not want to discorage you but I just got throwen off this website because of a unikue idea for a cach. forget about the hole thing. it is shamfule what happen hear when you try to have a good idea.

BobLog2 - What a unique name for a geocacher!

(I smell troll poop again!) Oh well...

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

Oh just go do it.

Sounds like a good, well meaning idea to me. Maybe not exactly practical but good.

Somebody could start the ball rolling by sending me a corvette.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What is the price of experience, do men buy it for a song,

Or wisdom for a dance in the street.................

Oh just go do it.

Sounds like a good, well meaning idea to me. Maybe not exactly practical but good.

Somebody could start the ball rolling by sending me a corvette.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What is the price of experience, do men buy it for a song,

Or wisdom for a dance in the street.................