Caching Contest ideas

Guest mjhountz

Guest mjhountz

Hey there everyone.

I know that this isn't the organized caching forum but this one seems to get read more often so I'm posting here.

I have recieved a definite interest to hold a geocaching event at a midwestern ski area. Managment (my bosses) have asked me to get a resonably detailed plan together of what i want to do. I have a few ideas but I want to know what you guys think. So. Send me your ideas. However crazy. I'm looking to make the event somewhat of a smorgasboard with physical and virtual caches. Something for recreational cachers and for those into a bit of competition. Maybe even a cache poker game.

The area we are looking at is About 350 acres. It has woods, fields, ski trails, a large lake a large creek and several streams on it. The terrain ranges from flat bottomlands to the ski hill itself with a 400' change in vertical. There are also a couple of semi historic buildings on site.

So.... What does everyone thing would be an appropriate cache density for such an area?

It will most likely be a one day event sometime next spring (late march-april). We don't plan on making money on the event at this point. We only hope to recover the cost of our cache containers. We will most likely attempt to solicit donations from business that cachers may potentially frequent. (sporting goods stores)

So let me know everyone.

I have read all of the stuff in the organized caching archive. So give me your off the wall stuff. The stuff you don't want to post for everyone to see.... :-)

Thanks a million.......

happy caching.

hountzmj

Guest The Bees

I would say try getting ahold of the people doing the gold rush hunt this weekend in Connecticut. Go to www.gpsgoldrush.com.

And no, this isnt a blatant plug and I dont work for them icon_smile.gif.

Oh, there is also a link to them on the main geocaching homepage also, I believe.

Later

Mike B

The Bees

Guest The Bees

I would say try getting ahold of the people doing the gold rush hunt this weekend in Connecticut. Go to www.gpsgoldrush.com.

And no, this isnt a blatant plug and I dont work for them icon_smile.gif.

Oh, there is also a link to them on the main geocaching homepage also, I believe.

Later

Mike B

The Bees

i am sponsoring a local geocache gathering and cleanup event this weekend, i got ahold of the public relations dept of the local tv stations, all but one so far have donated items to use as prizes in my event, nothing expensive (t-shirts, hats, etc) but their generousity has given me around 40 things to give away. not too mention, i also had the help of a local geocacher/ radio show host , in organising a dutch oven dinner for the event!he also donated a really nice backpack as well!

use the local media they love helping with stuff like this, and you'll get your event covered in the news also...publicity...free bonus.

good luck with your event!