Who else is watching my cache?

HisJoelness

They are probably people who plan to find it soon. They may be waiting for a day off from work or just someone else to find it first. Is there really a benefit to knowing their identity?

Edit: Actually, since you listed it as a 5-star terrain, they may be watching to see if someone can make it without specialized equipment. (This cache does require specialized equipment or training, right? If not, I'd suggest lowering it to a 4-star or 4-1/2 star. You did say a short hike on foot or a high clearance vehicle. 5-stars are usually for boats, scuba-diving, or mountain-climbing)

I'll put it on my watch list. No you know one of us. icon_biggrin.gif

I watch caches for the following reasons:

1 - Newly posted cache. I want to be notified when someone finds it first to see what problems they have finding it. Sometimes caches are posted and coordinates are way off by mistake. A person my not want to waste time working out the kinks and waits for the cache to be found.

2 - I watch a cache I had problems finding. I want to see if anyone else has problems or if is just me. So far all the caches that I could not find were vandalized.

3 - I have a cache near the place where I work and I am NOT the owner. I feel very close to that cache and think of it as I would one I had hidden myself. I also have a travel bug whose goal is to return to the cache.

Zinnware

You can't see who is watching your cache. Though that would be nice.

However what I've always wondered about is why 8 accounts will watch one of my caches that I think is pretty much mundane, boring and virging on a dumb idea, while nobody will watch my cool ones.

Of course cool to me is probalby an eyebrow raiser to someone else.

Wherever you go there you are.

I just reviewed these threads and all the Markwell versions thereof ("Markwell" as an adjective!)...

(Soon "Markwell" will become "markwell", then part of the Glossary...)

I do have a new idea however. A new cache I placed that just got approved immediately had a watcher. Sure, could be for another reason, but it occured to me that the admin who approved it might be watching it.

Logically, they might like or dislike the concept (this was a puzzle cache) and want to see how popular or unpopular the cache is.

I could see if I were approving prospective caches, any interesting ones that crossed my desk I would watch myself!

Enjoy watching,

Randy {wink}

And that is... I am positively NOT watching any of your caches.

Hope that helps. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I'm watching just to see how my family's caches are doing. If you become a charter member, and make it a member's only cache, you can see an audit log that shows you who looks at the cache page, which can kind of be interesting. Happy cachin'!!! 15T

Think Globally, Act Locally

MnGCA-Button.gif