Idea For A Virtual

Pantalaimon

I think that someone should make a virtual that would track the stages of decay of the geocaching jack-o-lantern featured on the first page of the website.

The cache-o-lantern should be placed in some high-humidity, obscure location, with a large fruit fly population.

In order to log the cache you have to take a picture of the pumkin in whatever stage of decay it is in. Personally, I think it would be fascinating to see that familiar gourd go from delightful decoration to maggot infested pile of mush.

Who knows, the person who logs the cache next year at this time might find herself in a brand new pumkin patch.

Are any admins willing to work with me to get this virtual cache approved?

Pan

Fact is that there is nothing out there you can't do,

Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you...

Floyd of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, from "Can You Picture That?"

quote:
I think that someone should make a virtual that would track the stages of decay of the geocaching jack-o-lantern featured on the first page of the website.

eeeewwwww....that jack-o-lantern is from Halloween of 2001.

cute.gif hydee cute.gif

I work for the frog

Please don't throw sand when playing in the sandbox!

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

The cache-o-lantern should be placed in some high-humidity, obscure location, with a large fruit fly population.

In order to log the cache you have to take a picture of the pumkin in whatever stage of decay it is in. Personally, I think it would be fascinating to see that familiar gourd go from delightful decoration to maggot infested pile of mush.

Who knows, the person who logs the cache next year at this time might find herself in a brand new pumkin patch.

Are any admins willing to work with me to get this virtual cache approved?

Pan

_Fact is that there is nothing out there you can't do,

Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you..._

virtuals are not allowed anymore, they are just waiting to make the it offical as a christams present. mad.gif

I'm missing the humor in my own post?

Wow. I've sunk to a new low.

Anyway, I disagree that dry humor does not translate well into the written form. Perhaps not everyone understood the reference, but the historical references in my post were worth it to me.

Clearly, you disagree.

Pan

Fact is that there is nothing out there you can't do,

Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you...