EXPLODING BUGSPRAY

Guest Dwarf

Guest Dwarf

Do you think an aresol can inside a cache might explode on a hot day? I sometimes forget a cigarette lighter in my car and come back later to find shards of it all over the car. It seems unlikely to me, but I wanted to hear your thoughts as well.

Guest Mike_Teague

type of climate you're in -- if it's in direct sun at any time during the day, what the cache container is (if it's clear, think greenhouse-effect)..

130F could be reached real easy in the direct sun..

Guest Dwarf

Just FYI, I wasn't planning on putting one in. Just thought it was worth mention in case someone was considering it. They might think they're being helpful by providing bug spray or a medical spray of some sort.

Guest k2dave

quote:
Don't put a can of compressed gas in a cache. There's no need to.

So no cans of freon 12 for a start of summer cache either I guess icon_wink.gif

I don't think temp it that important but rust migh be if the container is damp or can get dapm inside. They sell pump spray bug stuff - that should be better.

Guest k2dave

quote:
Don't put a can of compressed gas in a cache. There's no need to.

So no cans of freon 12 for a start of summer cache either I guess icon_wink.gif

I don't think temp it that important but rust migh be if the container is damp or can get dapm inside. They sell pump spray bug stuff - that should be better.

Guest ClayJar

There was a bottle of DEET lotion stuff in the cache J^2 and I went to this weekend, and it was very welcome. After slathering on another layer, we finished the hike back out with only a few bazillion bugs attacking.

I've seen a can of OFF in a cache before, but it was deep in the trees and under something; there was zero chance of it getting hot enough to cause a problem, and it was a lifesaver. Still, the lotion or pump kind is probably the best idea.

Guest Prime_Meridian

You should be able to find a thing of bug spray or whatever else you're looking for in a simple "pump" spray format. That way you can include the bug spray, without it having to be in a pressurized can...

Guest jbwcpa

What about little bottles of shampoo stolen from hotels? I tried putting a Marriott towel in but it was too big.

Seriously, is there a list of things not to put in a cache? Like explosives, liquor, raw meat, etc.?

Guest ManuelCasi

I was planning on putting some hair spry, water and a towel in my cache in order to try to entice more women to play the game. I figured you could tell them "just follow me when we get there you will have a chance to Freshen up"