camera cache(s)/how hong can it survive?

Guest cache_ninja

Guest cache_ninja

hey, for anyone who has a disposable camera in their cache, and who has tried to develop the pics, did it make through winter ok(i.e. if you live somewhere cold)? what did you put it in(i.e. type of cache, cover it in anything special like ziplock etc?). whats the longest someone has left a camera out in the elements?

thanks..i'm thinking of planting some of my own, but due to not to many visitors, might not develop them for a very long time, ...

c/n

Guest MountainDiver

I would worry about heat more than cold. Professional photography film is store refrigerated. (OTOH, cold film doesn't work as well.) Heat and humidity can damage film.

I would guess that the camera would probably be good for several month unless it got soaked or something.

------------------

The MountainDiver

"GPS satellites are nice because they can answer two of the three most common questions in my life: "What time is it?" and "Where am I?" If they could also somehow determine whether I have any clean underwear left, the bases would be covered." --- The Brunching Shuttlecocks

[This message has been edited by MountainDiver (edited 15 May 2001).]