Graffiti repair idea

I was at a cache yesterday which was at a beautiful site, but the graffiti really detracted from it. Then I remembered reading in a 4X4 magazine years ago an article from a guy who wheeled in the desert but hated seeinfg graffiti and was trying to figure out a way of removing it, without leaving a mark. What he finally came up with was to carry 'rock' colored spray paint, and try to paint over the graffiti and blend it in to the rock. Personally, I would be a little worried what someone would think if they came across you 'fixing graffiti', and if you would be as guilty as the graffiti artist. What do you think of the idea of carrying some rock colored paint with you and fixing the graffiti when you can

_ __ ____________________________________________________________ __ _

On my first day of school, my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery -- there I was, surrounded by trees and shrubs.....

the county does that here. they take donations of paint from local paint stores and mix them up in a big vat. the end result is several different shades of some weird colors. they have one guy that does nothing but drive around and paint over graffitti. it works great. the little dirt bags have just about given up on spraying their squiggles on the walls.

another thing thats being done is that spray paint or large markers are not sold to anyone under 18.

might be something to bring up to your local gov.

urbo

miami fl icon_biggrin.gif

the county does that here. they take donations of paint from local paint stores and mix them up in a big vat. the end result is several different shades of some weird colors. they have one guy that does nothing but drive around and paint over graffitti. it works great. the little dirt bags have just about given up on spraying their squiggles on the walls.

another thing thats being done is that spray paint or large markers are not sold to anyone under 18.

might be something to bring up to your local gov.

urbo

miami fl icon_biggrin.gif