Ripping off avatars

TEAM 360

Now see, ya'll have gone and upset me. I saw W8TVI's avatar that COULD be a cartoon version of my frog.

Beagle, for all I know you came on my street and took a pic of HIS beagle -- now my neighbor will be mad!

And STUNOD -- I'm upset with YOU, too -- I saw the Dunkin' Donuts logo in the rear-view of my car. How do I know you weren't reading my mind with a special mind-reading cap?

Lapaglia -- you've got me upset with clown issues!

LOL... point is, i agree with UMC. 360, you need to lighten up -- this is a G-A-M-E and is meant to be played as such.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

"...Thanks MOPAR, I took your "advice" and after a year and a half, 36 caches and 8 benchmarks found, with 6 caches hidden, I deleted all my logs, caches, and benchmarks..." <through to and including> "...The rest of you, go ahead and flame away, I am out of these boards for good and just don't care about what you have to say anymore. Yea,real good family sport..."

Forum posts are nothing more than bits of text on your monitor - which has an 'Off' button, by the way - from people who you'll probably never meet. In the grand scheme of things, how much of that *really* matters? Think of the vast majority of folks who enjoy GeoCaching without *ever* setting foot in the forums ...do any of the opinions expressed here turn them off of the game? Of course not ...because they choose not to *read* them and, when it comes down to it, they simply DON'T MATTER.

I could understand you backing out of forum participation if a particular online episode(s?) leaves a bad taste in your mouth (nobody enjoys associating with people they don't get along with), but to tie that with giving up a game that you otherwise enjoy (a game which, by its very nature, involves almost no interaction with other players) ...that just doesn't make sense. I think that the reasons for you getting so bent out of shape over this probably have more to do with spending far too much time at your keyboard and not nearly enough time away from your computer in the 'real world' dealing with 'real' everyday people and situations (I mean really, it's just a freakin' avatar for cryin' out loud). If you let something as innocuous as forum posts from strangers push you out of a game like GeoCaching, I'd hate to be around when a cop writes you up for a moving violation...

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Keep hammering away at your point. Maybe TEAM 360 will get upset, quit driving, and give you his car.

Na.... 360 Will claim since your car is the same color and has four tires like his, you MUST have copied him. And then probly set his car on fire to spite you. icon_eek.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

There is a car in my neighborhood that I see sometimes that has lizards glues all over it. Its really quite the site to see. I think it would make a great locationless.icon_smile.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

quote:
Originally posted by Roadster:

Team360... Why did you delete your posts?

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Speaking of avatars, Roadster -- yours is freakin' hilarious!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Thank you.

I like your gc.com color schemes on the little froggy...

Does anyone have some cache on them?

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

Na.... 360 Will claim since your car is the same color and has four tires like his, you MUST have copied him. And then probly set his car on fire to spite you. icon_eek.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That one is going to keep me laughing for a while.

I love the dog avatars. I think they are cool.

I think it is OK that you all copied me. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

Oh man this thread made me laugh. Reminds me of when I would go onto IRC years ago and see a bunch of people in a chat room talking about beating each other up because of something said in the room. Funny stuff...

Just because some people disagree with you on a web forum, you're going to quit geocaching or go off and start plundering caches? Come on now... That's pretty sad. Time to turn off the monitor, get back in touch with reality and quit worrying what a bunch of posts on a web page say...

sean

quote:
Originally posted by nincehelser:

"how about furry lil armed critters?"

I'm not anti-gun, but gun totin' squirrels make me nervous, not to mention those lawless racoons.

George

...I know what you mean,how would you like to run into this guy? icon_eek.gif

108532_400.jpg

Hey Hartclimbs... the four year old (or so) in my current avatar battles demons and you won't let your's drive a car?

I'm offended! You should be banned for holding back children that way!

Oh... never mind, geocaching.com hates children.

Edit: Sorry to bring that up again, but it was so funny, and hey, HartClimbs did it first! I would have misspelled "children" if I remembered the initial misspelling.

pokeanim3.gif

[This message was edited by carleenp on April 14, 2003 at 09:37 PM.]

Hey! that squirrel was in my yard yesterday! It stood in a tree and cursed loudly at me until I put the dog in the kennel and put out a new corn cob on the squirrel feeder. I can't believe I am giving in to that bastard! Next time I'm at Wal-Mart, I just might skip picking up the dadgum squirrel food. Of course the last time I did that, it chewed through the birdseed container and broke a flower pot. Ack! Held hostage by a squirrel!

pokeanim3.gif

Other than one post earlier (not a slam, mind you), I feel compelled to jump in one more time.

Boy, I really hate that a trivial matter such as this would force a geocacher to just up and quit. Not that his point did not deserve merit, but I just cannot understand why a geocacher would throw his hands up from receiving some constructive criticism.

For what it's worth, I succumbed to ridicule and criticism over comments made about a topic of mine, many posts ago, and to search for clarity and justification, I whined about it to a well educated friend of mine. His answer was simple: First of all, that is what forums are designed to do. Express opinon and judgment, whether it is good or bad. Ridicule and even humiliation come with the territory. Second, he informed me that if I didn't like it, then to stay away from the forums.

I'm sure 360 will be looking at this thread, even though his implications were to wash his hands clean of geocaching altogether. I know I would come back just to look at this thread periodically, since it was a touchy subject in a sort of way. I hope 360 sees this and other posts, for the fact I hate to see a geocacher go and not come back. That's all from me. Throw the tomatoes now.

opey one....

Who the heck are you?????

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

opey one....

Who the heck are you?????

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

He's the bunny-eared cat who smokes a six-pack a day!

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."

- Dan Quayle

UMC... I've said nothing harsh to you....YET icon_mad.gif Why do you get your panties in a wad when I reply on a thread anyway?

Man, I love these forums! icon_biggrin.gif One of the greatest places to perform the occasional rednecking (Well, maybe not occasional, since to some it comes naturally). Now leave me alone UMC! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

UMC... I've said nothing harsh to you

See that was your first problem, what were you thinking??? icon_razz.gif

Whats going on man? Long time no chat..

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Do any of you honestly belive that 360 has really quit? He may not be back under the same name, but if he truely enjoyed GeoCaching, as the rest of us do.Do you really think he could quit it that easy. I personally don't think I could quit that easy. Yeah sure he might piss and mone, delete all his posts, finds, and anything that was even relative to his former avatar, but I can see him coming right back. I agreed that people shouldn't mess with other peoples avatar, but like almost all of you. I think 360 went too far with this. Life is too short to sweat the small things. To quit the game just reminds me of the little kid who takes his ball home because nobody wants him to be the quarterback!! He thinks he is hurting us by quitting? LOL You can always find another ball!

Blackfoot

Life is a gift, unwrap it and use it to the fullest!

The only one that takes me out of the game is ME. I admit it, I really shot my mouth off this time. Some of you have written to me off-forum and gave a calming voice instead of bashing, although a couple of you took the chance to personally attack me in this thread. I said some things I didn't mean (your caches are still safe, don't worry) but there was no reason for all the negative responses and mockery of my avatar. I re-posted my cache and benchmark finds, although I lost a few due to the fact some caches are now unavailable. I also realize that we are all together on this little planet, in the corner of the universe, and each of us won't be around here very long. Let's stop the negativity NOW and HELP each other while we are here. We should be building up, not tearing each other down with sarcastic posts and personal attacks. You are right: life is too short to let anything get to you. I cannot count the times I thought about going to see my brother over in New Mexico, only 4 hours away from me, to drop in for a surprise visit, and take him out to dinner. He would appreciate it as he was disabled and could not work. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years but I always found excuses: too far to drive just for a short visit, gas is too expensive, he never writes me, it looks like rain, I have other plans....well, he killed himself last September. We never did get the chance to have that dinner together. If you had 10 minutes to live, and could make only one phone call, who would you call? Why? What would you say? And why are you still reading this instead of making that call NOW? Hear the music before the song is suddenly over. I am sorry if I let my emotions get the better of me in this thread, and wish to sincerely apologize to those who took offense. TEAM 360.

I will post the above message in it's own topic, just in case no one comes back in here, I don't want anyone to think I am too stubborn to apologize for my over-reacting. I hope I won't be ostracized for my stupidity. As far as the lost cache logs, some of the older caches aren't even listed in here anymore, so I will lose some of my total find numbers. The price I pay for being dumb, and I can live with it. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Nope. Don't want to rip him off. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks anyhow.

You know what you need now? The G+ logo inside yours. That would look hot. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Team 360, did you go somewhere?

No need for the apology but it was very nice. I'm glad to see you didn't waste all of your time and hard work for some stupid stuff that was typed here. I know I don't think any different about you (well, don't really think about you) I don't know you, sorry. Just kidding man. Boy do I have a way with words. Maybe thats why I fit in here so well. Anyway, its good that you stuck around here and true that this will be forgotten as soon as this thread drops off the first page like everything else that is forgotten and re-asked when that happens. [icon_biggrin.gif]

As far as losing caches just log caches whether you've been to them or not. Thats how I got my numbers up so quickly. [icon_wink.gif][:)]

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"Team 360, did you go somewhere?"

I became temporarily socially maladjusted about some of the comments that were delivered in this thread. I swore off Geocaching. It came down to the moment of holding the MeriPlat over the garbage can a few days ago, but I just couldn't let go of it. Then I had an enlightening moment, and decided to let everything roll off of me, like a windshield with a double coating of Rain-X.

I like your suggestion about cache numbers. I am listing "Found it" on every cache in Michigan, even though I live in Arizona. I figure that since I used to live there, I should claim them all anyways. icon_eek.gif j/k!