Be careful- assumptions abound...

cachecan.jpg

There I was, minding my own business (Painting soda cans OD Green...) when my new neighbor (who just got out of prison for drug dealing) approaches and says "hey what you doing?"

I responded "I am painting stash cans" then realized my mistake...

This guy is now a "kindred spirit", he starts telling me about the best ways to stash drugs so no-one finds them, and comments that he never thought of using soda cans...

He finally runs down, and I explained WHY I was painting stash cans, and he looks at me strangely and says... "Nevermind...

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Time to hide

a treasure inside,

and what will we find?

A dream

a trinket,

stimulation for the mind?

Log: Neat stuff, Thanks!!

Log Two: Took serial number keychain, put stuffed dog back.

Log Three: Took log pages, No TP.

Log four: Took Ammo can, Left nothin

quote:
Originally posted by Flockmaster:

... when my new neighbor approaches and says "hey what you doing?" ... he starts telling me about the best ways to stash drugs so no-one finds them, and comments that he never thought of using soda cans ...

Great. Perhaps you've just saved your "kindred spirit" a return trip to the slammer. icon_eek.gif

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on June 22, 2003 at 10:45 AM.]

A fellow cacher and I were at a cache site. There was a youth there. Wanting to be discreet, we were waiting for the kid to leave. He was waiting for us to leave. After about 20 minutes of all of us sitting there, we finally said stuff it, and made a move for the cache.

The kid jumps up and says "Leave it alone". Huh?!? He said it wasn't ours. We asked if he was a cacher. "A what?" It was obvious that we weren't speaking about the same thing. Ok...taking a calculated risk, I explained what we were doing, and he then explained what he was doing. Yup. We had a cache where he had a stash. We said we wouldn't arrest him, icon_wink.gif but as this was a "high traffic" (pun intended) area, he would probably want to move his stuff. "That's cool" he said. Sheesh....

Step away from the tupperware!

..yeah, FTF - but wait.... what a first prize!...?

--------------------------------------------------

"If you ever go temporarily insane, don't shoot somebody, like a lot of people do. Instead, try to get some weeding done, because you'd really be surprised." - Jack Handy

"With people stashing drugs, us stashing caches and spys doing dead drops, it's a wonder we don't run into each other more often."

LOL, I can see the movie now....

Sean Connery as the spy, Steve Buscimi as the drug runner, and Tom Hanks as the geocacher. Imagine the comic fun when Buscimi sells an ammo box full of McToys to a crime boss!

=====

It is the tale, not he who tells it."

One cache, off a rest stop on an older scenic highway where Tom Mix died. The log entry before ours said "thought it was drugs."

We couldn't tell if they were disappointed or relieved....

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

one of my caches was confiscated by the border police, who thought it was a soft drop. after they reviewed its contents, they signed the logbook, left a border patrol medallion, and replaced it. no kidding. good for them.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

The most driving force for cachers in this area to have their first cache-in trash-out, meet the park rangers BBQ, was when a local cache was found by park employees with non-traditional treasure and wanted to know if that is where the owner was keeping his stash.

Don't step in that!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I found a cache that had as it's last two logs that they had found it by accident and placed their pot in the cache. Then they came back in a week and took the pot and signed the log again. Go figure.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

I can just picture a future log entry:

Took a hit

Left reality

icon_cool.gif

carpe cerevisi

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

A little different than a TNLN:

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Writer:

I can just picture a future log entry: