Cloak & Dagger Caching

Guest Prime_Meridian

Guest Prime_Meridian

I'm relatively new to the whole geocaching biz... 0 placed, 0 found, 0 attempted, don't even have a gps yet... but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming big...

I intend to do some Micro Caches in very public spots... AIRPORTS... so anyone travelling through the area could whip out their gps unit, and find out that the third phone booth too the left... has a whole slew of magnets from various places that people have come from, on the underside...

Yeah yeah yeah!!!

Sound pretty good. One problem is that inside a building especial an airport you will have a very difficult time getting a lock with your gps. Some airports use polorized glass and you can't even get a lock at the windows.

But micro caches in public places has been done. I have taken a film canister and taped a magnet to the inside botton and put a rolled up mini-log book inside and placed this is a public location. Worked pretty good. I know other have also done similar caches. Just remember that you need to have atleast a chance of getting a GPS lock to have a decent geocache.

mcb

Guest makaio

Beware placing *any* unattended objects of any size in/around an airport. Airport Security will not take such objects lightly and should they trace the item back to you (easily done through geocaching.com), you could find yourself liable for any/all costs related to removal of said objects (lord help you if they shutdown/evacuate the airport)

That said, if you're simply attaching magnets underneath a phone booth, it's probably not anything to be concerned with. Personally, I would refrain from leaving any type of 'container' of any size.