Missing Geocacher

Faderaven

I believe Spooky Mike was accused of plundering a cache and he disappeared from the Geocaching community, along with his logs, shortly thereafter. The guy only had a couple of finds and no hides. Not like he was a long time Geocacher, so what brings his name up?

I wonder more about the sudden disappearance of people like Majicman.

It's late and I should be sleeping now but you got me curious about this Spooky Mike character and I searched and he disappeared from geocaching a while back. Good thing, eh? Here's the thread: http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=8420937034&r=7290913134#7290913134

Guess he was a bit of a poor sport. Do you think he's actually given up geocaching or started in under a new name? I wouldn't give it up. And I take back the poor sport remark, I never met him, so how the heck would I know? Shut my mouth, be nice.

Cache you later,

Planet

[This message was edited by Planet on September 24, 2002 at 02:52 PM.]

I dunno, I once joked that he and boblog were in some way related. Then Jeremy stated it as fact and woof-poof he was gone. I never meant any harm, it was a joke. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

I liked it better when he was watching my six. icon_frown.gif

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

I dunno, I once joked that he and boblog were in some way related. Then Jeremy stated it as fact and woof-poof he was gone. I never meant any harm, it was a joke. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

quote:
Originally posted by Faderaven:

...He seemed a pleasant enough fellow - I would guess close to retirement age .... Hey he brought his dad geocaching with him...how bad could he be?

If he's close to retiring... How old is his dad?

Windrose

"The way of the Wind is a strange, wild way."

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:

I know who BobLog was and it wasn't Majicman.

Majicman has admitted (in chat) that he was boblog3, but not any of the other boblogs.

He and Chob stopped hanging out here about the same time, when the anti-sock-puppet sentiments were high. Perhaps they're too busy caching to care about coming back.

warm.gif

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Majicman has admitted (in chat) that he was boblog3, but not any of the other boblogs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess he could have been Boblog3, because BobLog only remembers BobLog & BobLog1.

Well, whichever, I hope I hadn't caused him any grief. I am relatively harmless and wouldn’t intentionally offend anyone....well, except those radical environmentalists, excessive permission seekers, fanatical rule adders, and....uh well you get the idea. icon_wink.gif

I liked it better when his smartass comments were in direct competition with mine. icon_eek.gif

**Huddie Ledbetter**

quote:

Guess he could have been Boblog3, because BobLog only remembers BobLog & BobLog1.

Well, whichever, I hope I hadn't caused him any grief. I am relatively harmless and wouldn’t intentionally offend anyone....well, except those radical environmentalists, excessive permission seekers, fanatical rule adders, and....uh well you get the idea. icon_wink.gif

I liked it better when his smartass comments were in direct competition with mine. icon_eek.gif

**Huddie Ledbetter**

It WAS a bit more fun when Chobe and the Majicman were here, wasn't it??

Unfortunately, MJM says hes not posting here until chobe does, and Chobe's concentrating on more important things in his life right now. So doesn't look like we shall see either of them soon. Pity.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Criminal,

Don't worry, you are being watched...

--majicman

P.S. - see my boycotting the forums explanation here: http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=3930929125&r=3570900725#3570900725

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Criminal,

Don't worry, you are being watched...

--majicman

P.S. - see my boycotting the forums explanation here: http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=3930929125&r=3570900725#3570900725

Well, this is not directed at Majicman... but it's close.

We have a rare thing here in this group. These are the only forums I've run into in years that aren't filled up with gibberish from teenage (acting) users and trolls out looking for a good war.

For the most part, one can express an opinion here and get feedback, good or bad, without the conversation going wild with cursing, personal attacks, or flaming. In my experience, that is a rare, rare commodity on the internet.

With several high-profile (and probably a number of low-profile) sock-puppets we had for a while, the forums here were starting to head down the road most other public boards have gone down.

I'm not sure what role Majicman played in all of that... but if Jeremy took some action to put these forums back on track, and he happened to alienate a couple of users... well, I can only say that I'm glad it happened.

That's not to say I don't miss the occasional Chob or Majicman non sequiter, I just mean that Jeremy has the reins here, and if he had to jerk on them a little bit, I'm all for that.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

I miss majicman as well. After submitting half my posts I can invision him there, in his best geocaching dress, just wanting to post some reply that would make me wet myself...

BrDad,

That big long pole you are holding in your avatar makes me somewhat jealous, and also gives me kinda a "special feeling" too...

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

1.) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

That big long pole you are holding in your avatar makes me somewhat jealous, and also gives me kinda a "special feeling" too...

I'll rub your peavey if you rub mine. icon_biggrin.gif

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

I'll rub your peavey if you rub mine. icon_biggrin.gif

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.