What I would like to see in this forum:

GOT GPS?

How not to hurt others:

* Do not Quote anybody out of fustration.

* No arguing in this forum.

* Report via e-mail when things get out of hand, and dont visit this forum for 24 hrs.

* Use forum only for helping others, or providing your ideas to geocaching.

Anytime anybody hurts another, it's like it hurts me. Most of my time is spent in the GPS units and Software forum, thats where most of my posts are.

Please forgive me if this thread gets padlocked, for there needs be an adult only forum for the flamming, but it would be best for anyone to avoid the General Forum for 24 hrs to cool down.

One GPS is better than another, one belief is better than another, and one person's memory is better than another's. These are some of the things that humans get stuck on.

I never want to hurt another person, but I do like helping people with GPS questions, in the GPS forum.

This forum was less heated when there where fewer people early in the history of Caching.

Please avoid Quoting others out of fustration, it causes a mess.

----------------------------------------------------------

Pictures of the insides of my Old GPS V

My Home Page about what is GPS

Geoff

- Geocaching, DiscGolfing & Rollercoasters

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

Please forgive me if this thread gets padlocked, for there needs be an adult only forum for the flamming, but it would be best for anyone to avoid the General Forum for 24 hrs to cool down.

This whole board is supposed to be for adults and on that note there should never be a "need" for flames.

I agree that time away from the forums is good for everyone. I think it helps put some things in perspective when they are all heated up. Its funny how some people want to get into a ruckus over geocaching. I don't see the point, I don't understand the reason for getting so upset and for things to escalate the way they do sometimes.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

The board is supposed to be for adults and on that note there should never be a "need" for flames.

I agree that time away from the forums is good for everyone. I think it helps put some things in perspective when they are all heated up. Its funny how some people want to get into a ruckus over geocaching. I don't see the point, I don't understand the reason for getting so upset and for things to escalate the way they do sometimes.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Caching without a clue....

But in contrary, UMC, these boards are here for us to use. The forum is designed for US USERS to express stories, thoughts, happy and sad moments and opinions. Isn't it funny too, that not all share the same opinions???

We are human beings. We strive to stay atop the food chain. Whether it is primitive hunting, competing for the better job position, driving a nicer vehicle than the other guy and yada yada yada, POSITION and WHERE YOU RANK will always be the utmost goal in every single one of us.

More finds, more hides, more forum posts, more knowledge of this and that-

A NEVER ENDING CESSPOOL of SUPERIORITY.

It will not go away, and regretfully, it will probably get worse.

You know, I used to get pissed at others on these boards who had the know it all attitude and disrespectful replies.

Then I bashed on Xitron, and I opened up my eyes. Sorry X, all that crap was unnecessary.

Now, I feel a better need to share MY OPINION concerning admin on the forums:

Sure, you can weed out flaming posts and all of that, the more prudent approach, and it can be helpful. Then again, in some ways, it limits the freedom that one has (or had) here. I do not condone the personal attacks, but it looks like forum admin are "slap happy" concerning topics (that do bend OT sometimes) and quite possibly lock the thread prematurely.

The "soap opera" and the "what's gonna happen next" on a particular thread is what keeps the happy customers returning to the forums in the first place.

C'mon guys, what time we have away from the hunt could be shared here on the forums, regardless of the OT. JUST REFRAIN FROM SERIOUS PERSONAL ATTACKS.

I know that everyone who frequents this forum at all flips through the threads periodically to see what quippy remark opey one, Briansnat, RK, Jomarac5(that's in a league by itself) woodsters, georapper, and so on. UMC>>> You used to be one of """"those""""". What happened?????

This is what makes a spicy conversation. People with different attitudes, a different outlook on a situation, and most importantly an OPINION.

Face it, if there is a forum, not all will agree with you, or me , or him or her.

On a last rant. I stated elswhere (something to the effect), that a paying customer should have a right or two concerning the matter at hand.

The ball is in your playground fellas.

ADMIN::::Please email me if I need to suck A$$ to whomever for this SERIOUS violation of forum policy.

This is a forum. Seems if one acted in an A$$Hole manner on the trail, they should be bannished.

48511_5100.JPG

Yup. That's MY goat!

I always quote "Opinions are like a@@holes, we all have one". Like stated before, ppl need to not take anothers opinion so personally. Name calling and the personal attacks are uncalled for and childish. If this is to be an adult forum, act accordingly. With that said "I know you are but what am I" icon_razz.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cache me out dammit, I'm in a hurry!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

-Thomas Jefferson

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

FRAC's, sockpuppets and fire! OOHHHHH!! The DEMISE!!!! icon_redface.gif

Opey one, have you lost it?

You're posting this in every thread.

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"