Renting A GPS? Is this possible?

I don't know of any place that does or would rant a GPSr. I don't think it would really be a good idea its not something you can just pick up and go with. You have to learn how to use the specific receiver that you have. It doesn't take long but its longer than someone would want to put into it. As such no one would rent them to someone that woudln't take the time to learn to use them properly.

Eeyore

It took a GPS to get me away from technology.

You might want to just buy a cheap used one for now. You can get some great prices and most are going to be in good shape. Check out the GPS Garage sale link in the Groundspeak forums here.. Ebay is another good place to look,,, Make sure you get the operators manual if you do decide to buy one.

You can of course go caching with others, but most of the time i think you will find that its much more fun when you find a cache yourself. Goodluck!!!

You mentioned college...

Check with math, earth sciences, science, depts, maybe they have one you can borrow... Maybe put note up on student bulletin board...'wanted'....

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

They're the high-quality ones-- sub-meter accuracy ones go for $75/day , sub-centimeter ones go for $700/day (by G. Lengemen) Sorry this dosen't help you much, thou...

...Beersnob rents the sub-meter ones for work every now and then....

...now only if he needs one for work this fall, mebbe we could place a few caches with dead-on accuracy! icon_cool.gif

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish..

You could rent a car with a built in GPS navigation system! Otherwise I would doubt the economics of renting these out would work for most businesses. Curious though, as someone wanting to rent a GPS, what would you be willing to pay hourly/daily/weekly? Compare this to spending say $100 for the brand new low end model or less for a used one.