Geocaching (clothing and other) items that I would like to be see sold

1)I would like to see the geocaching shirts sold in children sizes. I know that many of us take our kids with us when we geocache. I would like my son to have a shirt (he's almost 6 so it has to be in children sizes)

2)Bumper sticker/s. While the window decal is nice, I prefer bumper stickers

Probably more items that can be listed, but these are 2 I would buy right now

Garmin Vista

Garmin Street Pilot

Originally posted by Ranger Roger:

1)I would like to see the geocaching shirts sold in children sizes. I know that many of us take our kids with us when we geocache. I would like my son to have a shirt (he's almost 6 so it has to be in children sizes)

In big kids sizes too (as in XXL) and I would take 2 in khaki. Oh yeah, short sleeve. icon_cool.gif

inceptor

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

Originally posted by Ranger Roger:

In big kids sizes too (as in XXL) and I would take 2 in khaki. Oh yeah, short sleeve. icon_cool.gif

inceptor

The fact is that there is alot of stuff that can be made with the geocache logo/design/phrase on it, but of course ther big problem is investment. Groundspeak/Jeremy must guess at what people want to buy. If they guess wrong, they lose money with unsold inventory. I think the kids shirts would go big (but of course I could be wrong). There are also lots of bumper stickers with various sayings that could be created, but I guess one disadvantage to that is that you're advertizing that this vehicle might have a GPS/expensive stuff in it, which could mean break in (or what us old Law Enforcement/NPS Rangers would call-Car clout).

I think sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts might go over too, but then I rarely wear one (I live in San Diego County), however my wife and son do wear them.

I guess if geocaching.com/Groundspeak/jeremy doesn't have the time or energy for marketing these products, they could always sale the rights to someone else who might want to try it out.

Right now the prices are quite reasonable. I'm afraid if they sold the rights to the logo/design, that prices would jump up to the point that we might decide the extra $$ isn't worth it.

JMHO, of course

See you out geocaching!!!

Garmin Vista

Garmin Street Pilot

We have a kids design in the works now. It should be available this week. For the first round we're going with longer sleeves, since they work well in the backcountry. Short sleeves will be coming soon as well.

We'll also have a woodcut version of the logo printed on a green long sleeved t-shirt. They will also be available this week.

Ranger roger is right. I have to stock a certain level of inventory so I have to keep the items to a minimum number (especially clothing, where I have to have a size range as well). So far we've been lucky with the items - but we have an enormous inventory of product at the moment.

We are also working on some smaller cache stickers, a red "diver down" style sticker, and several other sticker types.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak Lackey and Geopuppet

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

We are also working on some smaller cache stickers, a red "diver down" style sticker, and several other sticker types.

Jeremy

Ironically, I am looking for a small sticker that will eventually be viewed by scuba divers. Too bad you dont have any in stock now as I need one within 2 weeks. icon_wink.gif

Anyone out there have a small geocaching sticker to sell me?? icon_razz.gif

9929_1400.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Jeremy

Ironically, I am looking for a small sticker that will eventually be viewed by scuba divers. Too bad you dont have any in stock now as I need one within 2 weeks. icon_wink.gif

Anyone out there have a small geocaching sticker to sell me?? icon_razz.gif

9929_1400.gif

quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:

I like to see a patch of the geocaching logo, that way you can sew them (or iron) on any item of clothing or even on a backpack.

Have GPS, Will Travel.

I second that!!!! Sell embroydered logos and you'll make a mint!

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

I'm interested in:

1) T-shirts, 2X and 3X adults, in tan or olive. Something that blends in to the outdoors and doesn't show the dirt I'm likely to pick up while hiking! Short-sleeved fits the need here best because the warm season is so extended and so warm.

2) T-shirts, kids' sizes, including toddlers! Short-sleeved will get the most use, but I *might* buy ONE long-sleeved one in November.

3) The "diver down" type sticker for the geosled. I LOVE cling stickers because I REFUSE to put a bumpersticker on my vehicles. However, the previous incarnation of the cling sticker couldn't be read through the tint on the back glass. Wound up cutting off just the logo part of the sticker and putting it on the front window above the registration and inspection stickers.

4) Embroidered patches. I would sew one on my daypack, I think...

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

quote:

I like to see a patch of the geocaching logo, that way you can sew them (or iron) on any item of clothing or even on a backpack.

Have GPS, Will Travel.

Now I really could go for these! Simple and easy to attach to anything you want. icon_cool.gif

Might be alittle tough to sew on the back window of my Cherokee though icon_wink.gif

inceptor

quote:

Have GPS, Will Travel.

Now I really could go for these! Simple and easy to attach to anything you want. icon_cool.gif

Might be alittle tough to sew on the back window of my Cherokee though icon_wink.gif

inceptor

I plan on using the existing geocaching sticker as a bumper sticker on my 'burban. So if you see a geocaching sticker on the back of a forest service green suburban, with "RAD Dad's Georig" on the cache name line, say hi!

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by Night-Sky:

I would love to see tank tops with the logo for those hot summer days when the fleece jacket comes off.

Hey! Jamie will be happy (and Mopar, Choberiba and Steak for three more!), but they DO sell tank tops.

Click Here - it is the Cafe Press Geocaching.com store... there is also drink mugs and boxer shorts! Now, I'd pay to see Jamie Z, Choberiba and Mopar in those! How about it, guys?

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

geobutton1.gif

quote:

Have GPS, Will Travel.

GMAXIS hit the nail on the head. Patches are the way to go!

There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

How about kiling two birds with one stone. Cachers complain about not enough cool geocaching gear and cachers complain about all the "junk" in caches.

Have something made up with the geocaching logo on it. T-shirts, patches, whatever. Make it your signature item! Place them in caches. Some cachers are already doing this with coins.

- Lone Rangers