I was wondering...............

Howie57

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

Cartoonist, Writer and Game Designer here. Been doing it fulltime for 12 years. I won't post any pictures here. If anyone is curious they can check out our website below.

2/3rds of my workday is from a home office. The other 1/3 is spent at my desk at the company offices working on various projects.

I have a very flexible schedule (the neighbors all think I'm retired) so it's easy to make time for caching. icon_biggrin.gif

Hey, small world... a workmate (Erol) painted a cover for one of your books a couple of months ago.

-Dan

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

Aramco 15 Years!!! and man of many hats there....

Security Shift Supervisor (In house)& Classroom and Firearms Instructor

Texas Security Officer Commision Instructor

Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructor

Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Instructor

NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection, Refuse to be a Victim

NRA Certified Law Enforcement Armorer

Smith and Wesson Academy Certified SW-99 Armorer

DPS Certified Civilian Fingerprint Recorder

and soon to be Notary and also Verbal Judo Instructor (fingers crossed on that last one.)

Wannabe SF writer........

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

Yes it does seem like alot of tech's here......... and i'm feeling that pain about being indoors......... just have to get out, my job is making me crazy......now off to cache. Howie

Thanks for posting all, the rest of you come on...............

Disabled Measurement Tech.The Radio Activity and the Mercury got me.But I'm still kickin........................

THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL IN THE FOREST DOES NOT EVEN LIVE THERE*********WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS*GEOTRYAGAIN **1803-2003 "LOUSIANA PURCHASE" 200TH ANNIVERSARY AND THE "LEWIS AND CLARK EXPADITION" http://lewisclark.goeg.missouri.edu http://www.lapurchase.org http://www.msnusers.com/MissouriTrails

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

Hey, small world... a workmate (Erol) painted a cover for one of your books a couple of months ago.

-Dan

You know Erol, eh? Very cool. I'm a huge fan of his work. Getting him to do one of our covers really had me dancing in the halls. icon_smile.gif Tell 'em I said "Hey!"

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

I work in Geographic Information Systems for a large local government. The people are great and the work is varied enough to stay interesting.

I'm working on getting my coworkers to join me in my caching addiction. So far I've recruited one person who has joined GC.com - my boss, evilwoman - and others who go along on cache hunt but aren't joiners, not yet anyway.

Blissfully Rretired and free to cache:

From careers as: Entomologist, full time stay home Mom, part-time income tax consultant.

Spouse and sometimes cache-hunt helper is a retired entomologist who is still submitting grant proposals to finance Black Fly research.

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

-Dan

You know Erol, eh? Very cool. I'm a huge fan of his work. Getting him to do one of our covers really had me dancing in the halls. icon_smile.gif Tell 'em I said "Hey!"

Jolly R. Blackburn

He says Hey back. I'm glad we talked about this, I knew he and the owner of my company go way back with TSR but I had no idea that Erol did the original cover for Deities and Demigods... geeze I'm surrounded by living history!

-Dan

quote:
I'm glad we talked about this, I knew he and the owner of my company go way back with TSR but I had no idea that Erol did the original cover for Deities and Demigods... geeze I'm surrounded by living history!

-Dan

Wow. Now I'm curious. I'm trying to think of ex-TSR folk I've lost track of.

Jolly R. Blackburn

Crew Scheduling Duty Manager for a regional airline. I make sure there are crewmembers on the flights and that they (the crewmembers) or my department don't break any rules set forth by the unions or the Federal Aviation Regulations.

(BTW BrianSnat, our IT dept is hiring, the pay is ok, and you get to fly for free)

Past? 16 year USAF SSgt. Aircrew Life Support, and Physiological Support. Survival instructor. Workedon many systems for USAF, including the STS (First five Missions) and the Sr-71, U2R, and TR-1A. Full Pressure suit technician. (Space suits, environment suits, Eva Suits... Those thingies)

Later- Worked security as a supervisor, then Managed Mobilehome Community. Still later, and Current Mr. Mom to three "special Kids" and full time Genealogist and Internet researcher.

Oh- Yeah,I run the International Blacksheep Society.

Favorite quote: Genius: Noun; a person with the innate ability to reach a wrong conclusion faster than anyone else.

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Time to hide

a treasure inside,

and what will we find?

A dream

a trinket,

stimulation for the mind?

Log: Neat stuff, Thanks!!

Log Two: Took serial number keychain, put stuffed dog back.

Log Three: Took log pages, No TP.

Log four: Took Ammo can, Left nothing.

Department Supervisor at Home Depot( we use computers there so ...nah) and Avenger Platoon Sergeant in the Florida National Guard. Daughter is an aspiring middle school musician and son is an aspiring elementary school artist. Wife doesn't do swamps, snakes or gators. Those are the main ingredients in Florida caches.

Well I guess me and the wife are really outside of the mainstream here!

Me: I stay at home and take care of our animals, and Farm our five acres, and am an artist when I feel enspired.

My wife, Keeperofthehorse: Works for the Idaho State Department of Agriclture during the week, and helps with the farming and animals on the weekend.

When we find a berak. We Geocache.

Blackfoot icon_smile.gif

Life is a gift, unwrap it and use it to the fullest!

Me: Rehabilitation teacher for the blind and visually impaired. I work with senior citizens who are losing their eyesight. I go to their homes and teach them adaptive living skills they need to stay independent and live at home.

Husband: Unemployed network security admin. Hopefully about to be re-employed which will make me the unemployed one in the house! icon_biggrin.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. --Galadriel, "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Of the Ring"

Mrs. Crazy - Chief Court Clerk of Distict Court in an Arkansas county - Good guys, Bad guys - who knows the difference???

Mr. Crazy - 1 man show - CEO, President, Janitor, Designer, Builder, Manufacturer of custom furniture & cabinets

Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!

quote:
Originally posted by Howie57:

What do you do for a living?

Teacher. School starts on Monday. I report back to work tomorrow. It's been a good summer, but I'm looking forward to going back to work. I like my job.

Webfoot frog.gif

5307_800.jpg

Yeah, sure....but did he use a GPSr to find it?

I'm retired. Some of my friends (who are still working) say I'm retarded.

In any case:

Active rock climber past 38 years.

Civil Engineering for a local government - 31 years.

Head rock climber for Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit - 20 years.

Placing quality caches - just over 2 years.

Bernie