Tupperware? REALLY?

OK - I've been doing this for a while now, and I'm wondering Where are the Tupperware Containers??? I, for one, have only seen Rubbermaid, Glad, and Zip-Lock containers (in this category of container) but NO Tupperware. Sure, lots of folks disclaim their container as "Tupperware-Like". So where's the real thing? Does anyone actually use real, honest-to-goodness TupperwareTM? At $150 a container, I'm thinking about trading the container if I find one. icon_biggrin.gif

Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Recently, at least in this area, both! It has some of the Tupperware consultants pretty cheesed too. Apparently Tupperware has allowed Tupperware kiosks to be set up inside some retail stores and they are manned by a rotation of Tupperware consultants in the area? Heard this from someone getting out of Tupperware.

Rubbermaid containers have always been available in stores, not through private sales.

I have never seen an actual Tupperware container either. I wonder if they would be any better than the Rubbermaid containers at keeping a seal and keeping water out? Wonder what shape containers I can buy on closeout from the local Tupperware reps? Hmmm....

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

Here you have a really truelly Tupperware demonstrator. I have been selling the fantastic plastic for almost 15 years. I have put a few of my caches into my product but lets face it , it is an expensive way to cache unless, like me, you have cupboards full. I don't like to use it all that much as most guys don't seem to know how to put the seals on correctly. BTW our products are watertight(the round ones) and I have tested them over the years but to explain how to seal them properly without the feely touchy thing is almost impossible.

How many of you guys have been to a Tupperware party?

Yes we do have shopping centre carts that are stocked by different distributorships and the demonstrators take turns in manning( or should that be womaning or personing) them. They are not around all the time but we have heard here in Australia that we are to get a couple of shopfronts. Not sure what cities they will be in but that is a step forward. We must demonstrate the seals for the guarantees to hold.That is part of Tupperware.

As for people calling their containers "Tupperware" when in fact they are Decor, Rubbermaid etc at least they know the forunner to them all. We all know what is meant.

My latest Cache that I put down "Handle like Eggs" is in a very large Tupperware container. Unfortunately I can no longer buy that one but I have used it at several locations and keep a close eye on it.

icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

I think the term "tupperware" is also used as loosely as the term "kleenex." When you say kleenex you generally mean tissue (of whatever brand) and when folks say tupperware they generally mean any of the plastic storage containers w/tight fitting lids. Same thing goes for "band-aid" or "q-tip" or "jello."

quote:
Originally posted by TheBeans:

Same thing goes for "band-aid" or "q-tip" or "jello."

And Xerox, too. "I'm going down to the mailroom the Xerox these!" You can bet that Xerox isn't happy that their trademark has become a generic term (and a verb, as well)!

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

[This message was edited by Rich in NEPA on March 23, 2002 at 07:23 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by SNIFTER:

How many of you guys have been to a Tupperware party?

Funny you should mention this, snifter: I went to the mall today and found the actual brick-and-mortar Tupperware store. I bought a dark blue, good-sized, round one for - are you ready for this price? - for a mere US$3.99! What a steal! I think they discontinued that color or something.

The lady who was there wanted to know what I would be using it for, and well, I told her the truth: geocaching. She needed a full explanation, as you might guess.

Well, then of course, this conversation led to the possibility that she will be hosting a Tupperware party at my house, and I plan to invite several men over for it. Should be a blast!

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.