Crime Scene / Evidence Found

Eswau

Came across a stolen vehicle that was over a small embankment into some trees about 50' from the cache. The police didn't even want the coordinates, just the cross street, which was so far away it was of little use for finding it so we gave them detailed directions. Took them over three weeks before they finally came out after some other cachers also reported it.

All just out hiking.

A stolen car once. I found out it was used in a bank robbery several weeks before. A year later or so I was subpoenaed to testify about it but never called to testify.

A poached bear. Claws, teeth, and gall bladder already gone.

A looted archeological site.

Dope gardens.

Once I heard automatic weapons fire -- several different weapons. Didn't go look, just immediately left the area and called the cops. Several days later I called the local sheriff's office to find out what it was but they would not tell me.

========================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

gc7314c.jpg

I found about a half dozen or so of these meth cookers within 20 feet of a cache earlier this year. The police were very appreciative of the discovery and were very interested in what we're doing when they were told about geocaching.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Wow, I wouldn't want to get that close.

A word of warning: the chemicals involved in the production of methamphetamines, "crystal meth," are both very toxic and very explosive. Best to keep back, leave the area, and contact the police ASAP. I would not have wanted to get that close if I knew it was remnants of a meth cook. When police come to clean out a lab, they use hazmat-level protective gear.

I found an open knife in a park, a nice area on Sunday. I thought about closing it, but I didn't want to touch it. There wasn't any blood on it or anything. I really wasn't sure what to do, so I stuck it in the ground blade-down so no one would step on it.

AOsig.JPG

http://thealphaoperator.tripod.com

One of our multi-caches which is btw in a very cool spot, happens to end near where a dead dog corpse is. Mind you, it wasn't bad when we were there, and is approx 30 feet away and behind some sagebrush, but sure enough, our first finder wasn't happy. Well, hoping that the high desert climate will dispose of the poor pooch, we are leaving it there. No complaints since. I think he is either all or mostly gone by now. Disgusting? Yes.. unusual? not around here. People sometimes think that public land is a great place to get rid of things they don't want to bury. Sad but true.

Not sorry we placed the cache.

One of my caches (DEVIL'S BREW) IS a crime scene.

A murder took place on the site at one time. Also a 'sacrificed cat' and a pentagram was found on the site several years ago (it was never determined if it was a prank or the act of a real cult).

Several people who have visited the cache have reported they were freaked out by it. It's near an artesian well in a very creepy location.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

Last weekend I found a large organizer book with business cards and a calculator in it. It also was moldy and had little worms crawling around so I left it. Also found at the site were a pair of slippers, 1 sneaker, some quart oil containers, a Motel 6 key card and a very alive Siamese cat that scared the crap out of me when it darted away at the last second .

I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

A local cacher found a body in a regional park. Other hikers coming by had a cell phone & phoned the cops. With the cachers gps they zeroed right in to the spot. This area is frequented by families, joggers, dog walkers & the like, glad someone who could keep their cool found the man and not some little kids. Can't remember the outcome, just foul play not suspected.

It's not difficult to meet demands; just turn around and there they are.

This isn't really GC related, although the location is within about 100 feet of two benchmarks, so I guess it might be. Anyhow, a woman jumped off of the building next to the one I work in last night. There's a big stain in the street now. It's kinda creepy.

--

Random fortune:

sigimage.php

quote:
Originally posted by Faveral:

Whoa, Cruzin!!!! I must be too deep into geocaching to pay attention to what is going on in the real world. I live in Thousand Oaks, and so do you. Do you also work in Thousand Oaks??? I didn't hear about this incident!

I work in Sherman Oaks. The building is on the corner of Ventura and Sepulveda. It's about 20 stories high and is where a lot of the FOX network radio shows are done.

--

Random fortune:

sigimage.php

I was scouting locations for a multi-cache a few weeks back and I found about half a dozen dead (very dead!) sheep in a pit in some woods... I'm not sure if UK farmers are allowed to dispose of sheep in this way any more (given our past problems with foot & mouth), I thought they had to be burnt. Still, I've reported it to DEFRA so it's over to them now.

Neutiquam erro.