Geocaching on Stargate:SG1

One of tonights reruns titled "Shades of Grey" had Col. Jack O'Neill hiding a piece of alien technology at a set of gate coordinates on another planet for a later pick up. Where did he hide it? I just about laughed as he stashed it under a pile of rocks next to the dial-home device! Such an obvious place, even a newbie could find it.

[This message was edited by TEAM 360 on July 08, 2003 at 08:47 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

One of tonights reruns titled "Shades of Grey" had Col. Jack O'Neill hiding a piece of alien technology at a set of gate coordinates on another planet for a later pick up. Where did he hide it? I just about laughed as he stashed it under a pile of rocks next to the dial-home device! Such an obvious place, even a newbie could find it.

Hmmmm, yeah, he is obviously in need of caching guidance...lol. Fortunately it was a re-run so maybe he's learned better by now... we'll just have to watch this Friday for any evidence of that...lol.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Yeah, but he gets points for putting it in a camouflaged bag first.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

That's like the fourth time I've seen that one. Great episode.

I looooove SG1. I'm not much for sitting in front of the idiot box, but my Monday and Friday nights are booked on the SciFi channel. SG-1 is on at just the right time on Friday to head out to the bar afterward. One of my favorite shows for certain.

Thinking of making an SG1-based cache, but I'm kinda lazy.

Reminds me, I miss FireFly. icon_frown.gif

I started to theme one that way, even had a great "gate" at a local park nearby, but realized it would have greater appreciation in a more generic context, so it evolved into that instead.

C'est la vie.

Enjoy,

Randy

PS: The original concept would have you go to the "gate" located at the coords., then using the native "banners" (flags), figure out the heiroglyphs (how many stars on each of 4 flags) to decrypt the coords to the cache. I turned it into a "Kite-flying" theme instead!

quote:
Originally posted by General Bracket:

I looooove SG1. I'm not much for sitting in front of the idiot box, but my Monday and Friday nights are booked on the SciFi channel. SG-1 is on at just the right time on Friday to head out to the bar afterward. One of my favorite shows for certain.

Yup, my sentiments exactly.... well, without the bar part...LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.