What's your caching soundtrack?

Caching-related songs have been discussed here, ie: songs with lyrics that apply to looking, hunting, walking, etc.

What I'm wondering is which CDs or tapes are always on when you're out on a cache hunt. I forget to put new CDs in my car so I have two albums that for me will forever be associated with caching/benchmarking:

Prodigy - Fat of the Land

Moby - Play

I discovered this tonight when I took them out of my car and played them in my house. I had a powerful urge to go hunt something......

Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. - Roy M. Goodman

I don't listen to music while on a cache hunt, but I do while on the way to and from. I have one of those 10 CD changers in my trunk, so I tend to leave the same CD's in there for months on end, with rare changes. Right now and for the past month, or two, or three, the changer has had:

Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted

Portishead - Dummy

Violent Femmes - Add it Up

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

The Moldy Peaches - The Moldy Peaches

Lucinda Williams - Essence

Johnny Cache (Um I mean Cash)- American II

Chieftians - Boil The Breakfast Early

Shane McGowan - The Snake

Leonard Bernstein & the NY Philharmonic's recording of Charles Ives' Symphonies no. 2 & 3

I had to pull the changer out to see exactly what was in it, so this is a good excuse to switch CD's.

I just swapped in:

Beck - Odelay

Beth Orton - Trailer Park

Nanci Griffith - Storms

10,000 Maniacs - Hope Chest

Everything But The Girl - Back to Mine

Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me

Altan - Island Angel

Barbara Manning - One Perfect Green Blanket

Ween - White Pepper

London Festival Orchestra performing Bizet's L'Arselienne Suite 1 & 2

I guess these 10 will get me to the spring.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

Again, nice pics on the web site.

Short story: My daughter was given a veterans day school assignment to bring in some pictures of family members that were in the service. I gave her a pic of me with my tank. She came back home that night and said the teacher wanted to know what war I had fought in and I said The Cold War... I don't think the teacher quite got it.

I listen to lots of stuff on they way to the cache sites. Nothin in the woods. Current discs I thought I was going to burn a hole in listening to too much:

The Other Ones- Continental arena 11-20-2002

Phish- 4-4-1994

Dr DIDG 10-05-2002

Keller Williams 9-30-2001

Particle 6-22-2002 Bonnaroo Music Festival

and The Grateful Dead 3-28-1981 Cant get enough of that Shakedown Steet.

All of my tradeable shows are at

http:/db.etree.org/roasteroo

I want to start a cache where people trade shows in shn files on discs, anyone interested?

I found an old Devo compilation tape in a cache one day. Just for grins, I took it and played it as I drove home. You know what, it has become my music for driving to caches - who would have guessed? Some of the songs are mediocre but some of them are exceptional (assuming that you can appreciate Devo).

MountainMudbug, since when do they listen to Prodigy

and Moby in Tennessee. I thought it would be all Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson.

BlueMan, Devo's Gates of Steel is a great tune. I didn't care much for them in their heyday, but I've grown to appreciate them recently.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

quote:
....... since when do they listen to Prodigy and Moby in Tennessee. I thought it would be all Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson.....

Who? Is that the guy with the hat? icon_razz.gif

I've been in TN a year. That's long enough to cultivate a taste for bluegrass, not nearly long enough to build up a tolerance to country.

quote:
That's long enough to cultivate a taste for bluegrass, not nearly long enough to build up a tolerance to country.

Hey, real country ain't bad (George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Carter Family, et. al.) What they try to pass off for country today stinks like a dead clam rotting in the sun. I'm no country fan. I prefer punk,indie, Celtic and classical music, but I do enjoy GOOD music from all genres.

I am very eclectic when in comes to musical taste but have found very few CD's that I like start to finish. I love being able to pick and chose songs from favorite CD's and create my own masterpieces. Downloading is pretty cool too. My absolute favorite CD to date has tracks from Kiss, Toby Keith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gordon Lightfoot, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Venga Boys, Nine Inch Nails, and several others. Don't listen to that one when the kiddies are along though. Forgot all about Devo, I'll have to see if I can find some of their songs online. I don't listen to anything while actually on a hunt but like to on the drive to and fro and also when researching hunts on the website.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

quote:
Originally posted by MountainMudbug:

Caching-related songs have been discussed here, ie: songs with lyrics that apply to looking, hunting, walking, etc.

What I'm wondering is which CDs or tapes are always on when you're out on a cache hunt. I forget to put new CDs in my car so I have two albums that for me will forever be associated with caching/benchmarking:

Prodigy - Fat of the Land

Moby - Play

I discovered this tonight when I took them out of my car and played them in my house. I had a powerful urge to go hunt something......

I really like 'Steal compass, drive North, disapear' by Set fire to flames.

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

The tape in my car hasn't worked for years, so I have to make do with the radio (Radio 2 is well worth a listen... at almost any time of the day, as it changes genres with each show).

When I'm in someone elses car, we usually listen to a few recent releases... my favourite at the moment is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" which is ultimately a compilation of fantastic songs, including Clapton's After Midnight and Chris Rea's Road to Hell.

Both of which are fun cache tracks.

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

Among the things recently seen floating around in my car are: The Doves, Screaming Blue Messiahs, Morcheeba, Miles Davis, Reverend Horton Heat, L7, Arab Strap, Morphine, John Lee Hooker, Ry Cooder, Elvis Costello, Link Wray, Poi Dog Pondering, White Stripes, Sparklehorse (of course! of course!), Radiohead, The The, Neil Young, Cibo Matto, Southern Culture on the Skids, Tom Waits, Johnny Cash, Howlin' Wolf, Bo Diddley, Low, Del Fuegos, Butthole Surfers, Beth Orton, The Boss, Latin Playboys, Old 97's, Wilco, Lemmonjelly, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, Spoon, Tenacious D and Herb Alpert to name a few.

But sadly this past week it's been a one-man show: Joe Strummer. We lost one of the all-time greats recently at a far-too-young age and I'm sipping a Guiness right now in his honor. RIP Joe. You'll be greatly missed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost my mind a while back. Please email me the coords if you see it. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparklehorse,

First Joey Ramone, now Joe Strummer. What's the world coming to?

From your list of artists, it looks like you've been in my CD collection! I think I have CD's from 3/4 of the artists on your list.