Spooookey dream...Question

icon_eek.gif

Suppose a avid cacher dies and has their remains cremated. Thier loved ones further has the ashes & etc. ground up into a fine powder and places said ashes into several dozens of small vials.

They then place those vials into a cache with the request to simply spread them far and wide, to be smashed/opened/etc. all over the world at (not on) caches everywhere. They would then post a note/email to the "grave cache" maintainer the coordinates of dispersal.

Questions:

1. Would you do so?

2. Would you want that done to you?

3. Would you want someone "dusted" near your cache?

4. What do you think in general about this?

BTW I am not specifically planning on doing this, but I had a dream last night where I was setting up the paperwork for my funeral. I've had variations of this dream/nightmare for years since I had to setup my fathers funeral.

I've not set a cache yet, and I don't want my carcass to be my first. icon_biggrin.gif

They say this universe is bound to blow,

I say we crank up the Calypso Control!

~Jimmy Buffett

~Someday I Will~

Originally posted by Dusty668:

Questions:

1. Would you do so?

Sure! Why not? I'd be happy to.

2. Would you want that done to you?

Not really. I was thinking of Life gems.

3. Would you want someone "dusted" near your cache?

Don't really care. I actually plan to get dusted near one of my caches. Nothing to do with GC. It's been a plan for over 10 years. I wouldn't want someone outside my family dusted near that one.

4. What do you think in general about this? Eh. No biggy. I get stranger things free with my breakfast cereal.

BTW- I'm changing my will to include RK's suggestion. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

At first I thought it was crazy. Then, I pondered it more and thought that if I found one of the vials, I would probably think it was such an interesting experience that I would think it was cool. So, I have now decided that I'm just morbid enough to like the idea. But other finders might disagree! Also, I don't think I would do that with my own remains. I think I want them thrown off the Pyramid of the Lost World at Tikal, Guatemala (which I suppose is also pretty weird, but it won't impose on unexpecting people).

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

my own remains. I think I want them thrown off the Pyramid of the Lost World at Tikal, Guatemala (which I suppose is also pretty weird, but it won't impose on unexpecting people).

We're both the same age. (I noticed from another thread.) I'll take care of that for you, if you kick first. Sounds like fun. icon_wink.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Sure, I think it would be a fine idea and would do my part for others, But I think I'd rather pick my own spot for myself.

I have actually found someones ashes while geocaching. It was on a mountain top. We were looking for a cache and climbed up aways, and there in a crack in the rock was a wood box. In it was a bag of someones ashes. We put it back. This was all in the middle of a blizzard. Though awestruck it was all extremely funny at the time.

I have been on top of all the pyramids at Tikal. Back in 1973. It is a very cool place.

4497_300.jpg

"See the wonderous works of Providence! The uncertainty of human things!" Geo.Washington

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

At first I thought it was crazy. Then, I pondered it more and thought that if I found one of the vials, I would probably think it was such an interesting experience that I would think it was cool. So, I have now decided that I'm just morbid enough to like the idea. But other finders might disagree! Also, I don't think I would do that with my own remains. I think I want them thrown off the Pyramid of the Lost World at Tikal, Guatemala (which I suppose is also pretty weird, but it won't impose on unexpecting people).

http://outbreakcorp.hypermart.net/animation/pokemon/pokeanim3.gif

Ummmm... what about the people downwind? icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

Cheers!

TL

yep...interesting idea...get a nice urn, load your ashes up in it and turn yourself into a posthumous travel bug...spend the rest of time tupperware-hopping...

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.---Matthew 13:44

Matt & Julia

To view our online geocaching diary/blog, click here

I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

- Jack Handey (aka Jack Handy)

Unexpecting people?

Yah I guess there would be some. Good point.

Cacher A:

icon_smile.gif

Took matchbox car, left bottle of Gary.

Cacher B:

icon_smile.gif

Took Gary's seasoning, left McToy. Hey cacher A, I think that stuff might have spoiled! Tasted Awful.

As for the Travel bug idea I keep imagining a family driving home, a small sneeze from the back seat and a little voice saying "Mommy why does this teddy bear's inside smell like Grandpa's ashtray?"

~Jimmy Buffett

~Someday I Will~

I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamed I was caching with Bill Bixby, aka Dr David Banner from The Incredible Hulk. The main just behind it was that we went caching all day, and whenever he couldn't find a cache, he would turn into the Hulk and start throwing logs all around looking for the cache.

You've got to lick it before you can stick it.....a stamp that is

Sorry, but there is currently a moratorium on new locationless caches. So please don't die until the site is redesigned, or I'm afraid that your cache submission would have to be archived.

--------------------

Saving the day and approving all the caches... before bedtime!

I like the idea, Gives a person a chance to visit a place/country they haven't been before (if made a tb). If a Cache, It be a way for fellow cachers to come and rememeber you. Signed Log, took a spoonful of Gary.

Just gotta hope the cashe doesnt get wet. Otherwise your ashes well get a bit muddy-ish

I bought a GPS. Now I get lost with style.

quote:
Keystone Approver:

Sorry, but there is currently a moratorium on new locationless caches. So please don't die until the site is redesigned, or I'm afraid that your cache submission would have to be archived.

Now that I think of it - I LIKE the idea of being permanently archieved!

"Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!"

Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

Well of course it would have a location. Everybody's gotta be somewhere.

~Jimmy Buffett

~Someday I Will~