A Chamber of Commerce Cache

Guest sage

I live in a "tourist" area. What would be your reaction to listing a cache CLEARLY LABELED as a sponsored site which would have participants seek a "fudge shop" for example. After giving the "secret" code phrase the seeker is rewarded with a sample and a set of coordinates to the next participating business, a museum for example. Perhaps a card would be stamped and a prize awarded for collecting all sites. I think that we could self regulate by comments posted by seekers. What do you think?

Guest Snowtrail

You could get the manager to set aside special instructions, etc. to the cashiers. Most businesses have a stamp or business card. You could even use a receipt. The seeker puts all of the items in an envelope and drops it off at a certain point specified in the last store. Periodically, the envelopes are picked up for the award, such as gift certificates to the stores that were visited, etc...

Hey, come to think of it, we have a small business district in my neighborhood that might be interested in this...

Guest bob_renner

I was thinking of something similar with a zoo or similar park. It would be geared more towards children. They pick up a worksheet at the entrance. It has the coordinates for the first stop. It would be the plaque for one of the animals. They would have to record some information from the plaque, and also get the coordinates for the next stop. These stops could be for some of the less visited animals or where ever the zoo would want to increase visitation. The final stop would be the office where they could turn in the completed worksheet and get some form of reward - whatever the zoo would want to give - maybe a free pass for another visit for the family and/or a certificate.

Bob