Cache book found...

lysa

hello, i am not a geocacher or whatever you call yourselves. i walk for exercise and was on the betheny falls trail in burr oak woods in blue springs, missouri when i came upon a cache right on the walking path. after reading the copy of the website page inside the jar, i realized that someone had found it and moved it. it was placed by steve and mary brown and the coordinates on it are N39 03.119 by W094 18.005. it's located on the path about 250 meters before the overlook. hopefully others who happen upon it will not bother it until one of 'you people' can get to it and put it where it goes. good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by lysa:

I was recently cleaning my 12 year old son's room and came across a geocache book... this cache was started july 8, 2001.. by someone named Keith and Mike.. I have no idea where my son got this book... I plan on discussing this with him when he gets home from school, but in the mean time I thought I would post this and see if anyone on this forum knows Keith or mike...

Lysa icon_confused.gif

I'm sure there are a lot of people here that gave money for a GPS to give to Lysa and they would like to know any progress!!!! In fact I think she should already have it in her hands!

This is just my thought I could be wrong.

Anyone else feel the same way? icon_confused.gif

The early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

Thanks to Drpepper and the others that helped him to get our wedding and appreciation gift to Lysa and her family.

I am sure that it took more time than most of us realize.

And again Lysa, I salute you for taking the time to report this lost cache and getting it back to it's owner.

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win,

and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

absolutely NO need to thank me... if anything I should be thanking my son for pilfering it in the first place... I have met so many totally amazing people in both the forums and in mIRC chat... that I never would have met otherwise...I wish YOU ALL came into the live chat... I would love to get a chance to talk to all of you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

What a great story. Amazing how somethings happen.

I wish I had come upon it earlier. Congratulations on your wedding and your immigration to our country.

I was on mIRC the other day and noticed that there was a Geocaching Room. I went in and there was only a bot (assumed) there. Maybe I will hang out in there for a while and see if Lysa shows up. What times are you usually on?

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

If Wyle E. Coyote could afford all that ACME stuff... Why didn't he just buy DINNER?

For those with a dedicated IRC client such as mIRC, the server is irc.freenode.net and the channel is #geocache.

There is also a web-based java client that can be reached at gcchat.clayjar.com.

"Official" geocaching chat is monday nights starting at 9:30pm ET, but there is almost always someone alive there day or night, 7 days a week.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Roadster:

...I wonder if you'll be able to log that cache, Lysa? icon_biggrin.gif

If they found the original log book, and sign it, that's a find in my book. icon_wink.gif I'm not sure what they would put for their trade statement though.

P.S. How long has this frog frog.gif Graemlin been there?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
If they found the original log book, and sign it, that's a find in my book. I'm not sure what they would put for their trade statement though.

Let's see...."Took everything plus a new GPSr and left a lot of people feeling great in their heart and that they live in America plus a lot of goodies in a new cache box"?

That sounds like a good statement. What do you think Lysa?

P.S. I seen on a different post about the new Gremlin Head and was going to "Markwell" it but I dropped the ball and can't find it now. I guess I'm still just a newbie! icon_frown.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry Master!

No one is listening until you make a mistake.

I guess I really should write something in the log book, it never even entered my mind... I have it and all the stuff we have gathered to give to Keith sitting on the kitchen table... ....I will have to think of something to write now...

*puts on thinking cap* icon_eek.gif

quote:

I just got an email from Drpepper today... we will be meeting next weekend on Sunday by where the original cache was ... He is going to place the new cache that day too from what I understand... icon_smile.gif

Well, did it happen?

icon_rolleyes.gif

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win,

and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

lol! I think this is evidence of the American/Canadian language barrier.... my husband bugs me all the time about little quirks I have... ie) when I refer to "next" weekend.. it doesn't apply to the weeking coming up directly.. but the NEXT one... hehe... so... THIS weekend on Sunday I am supposed to be meeting drpepper... not the weekend that just passed...

hehe vive la difference (eh) !!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Si judicas... Cognosce

quote:

no roadster dear..... It's Latin...

Si Judicas...Cognosce

(If you judge... Investigate)

DANG IT! I LEARNED SOMETHING!

I told myself that WASN'T going to happen again!

Now I'll have to remember it icon_frown.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:

I heard somewhere ....that for every new peice of information you acquire... your memory deletes something ... I wonder what you just lost ????? hehe icon_eek.gif

Si judicas... Cognosce

With any luck it was the memory of a Majicman post. icon_razz.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Congrats Lysa, I wish you the best of luck!!

I always thought that cachers were a great group of folks. This just goes to prove it.

Perhaps the folks at GEO could start up a Best Story page. I think this one would make a nice one for folks just starting out.

Best wishes to all, be safe out there

Been there, done that

I watched this story grow from the first day Lysa started it, and I was just starting in this hobby myself at that time and it IS a great thing to see, to know what other cachers are like, and from the ones I have met personaly while caching proved to me that they are all good people.

No one is listening until you make a mistake.

Okay.... I just got back from meeting with Drpepper and Mike and DustyJacket... we did the big trade off in the parking lot of the quick trip gas bar... (surrounded by police.... lol) < jk there was some woman there who got in an accident, so they were there filling out reports... I am going to try and email everyone personally and say thank you for my new gps... but if I don't get you... please don't be offended, it's because you weren't on the list of people that I was given... but I thank you all the same. We went and found two caches... which was totally cool, even if I was a little self-conscious about knowing absolutely nothing! I can't wait to try some more =0) ... Dusty, Mike and drpepper are all great !... Im sure the rest of you are just as nice, hope to meet you all soon =)

Thanks again so much ...

Lysa icon_biggrin.gif

Si judicas... Cognosce

Thanks to all for the effort put into getting the GPSr to Lysa. Nice photo and report.

And good luck to Lysa and her DH

icon_rolleyes.gif

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win, and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service