Geo-caching in the Movies

retphoto

I can't watch Star Trek (the movies nor the series) any more without thinking that they're geocaching with their tricorders in the woods of another new planet. In Enterprise they actually found something that looked like Tupperware container deep in a cave.

Edited by Divine
I can't watch Star Trek (the movies nor the series) any more without thinking that they're geocaching with their tricorders in the woods of another new planet. In Enterprise they actually found something that looked like Tupperware container deep in a cave.

I was watching a SG1 rerun the other day and Daniel Jackson was using a yellow Etrex to detect some kind of energy output (he was inside a building at the time).

Windrose

Someone please tell me name of the movie that starred Robert DeNiro and some other cat.....They robbed the French foreign ministry building, and stole a very pricey artifact of some sort....  What was that thing called???  They used gps units at one point in the movie, which was interesting.<BR>

That's not Ronin; it's The Score. I just started watched it the other night with Nurse Dave. It's DeNiro and Edward Norton. And they were robbing a sceptre from a Canadian Customs house (French-speaking people in it).

Edited by beckerbuns
BR>Pirates of the Caribbean dosen't count. It was buried.<BR

Nope ... the treasure wasn't buried ... and actually, neither was the rum cache, technically... jack did not have to dig to get at it .

and I would give them both 5/5 special equipment... some form of ship/boat

I like the line about "..and compass that doesnt point north" Sounds like my

Maggie310 :lol:

Coming this Thanksgiving 2004. (Saw the trailer last week)

"National Treasure" link - click here

The whole movie is about clues left by America's founding fathers to our national treasure. The race is on to get to it. One team wants to protect it, the other wants to steal it.

TeamQTH

Yeah, I saw that preview. LOL, that's all we need is a bunch of nuts to think the Masons have some sort of hidden treasure.

It's not the movies, but "The Amazing Race" last night had contestants on camels using Gekos to get to a destination.

Man those people are morons!

Beat me to it......I was gonna post that. The last couple of "Survivor" series have had the contestants have to win clues to locate a "cache" of items that would help them survive easier/longer.

I was also thinking of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot but couldn't remember the name of it. That was a great movie. :o

Edited by drag-racer
Iwas watching Father Goose today, and I realized that this movie has Caches in it...they're not legal Geocache Caches..but they're are Caches....!<BR><BR>I wonder how many other movies have caches in them?<BR><BR>Give me a Tall ship, and a Star to steer her bye...<BR><BR>The White Fleet....

HEY, I resemble that!!!

Edited by Fathergoose