Canoe only cache??

Rygel

If I were to do a cache that was only reachable by canoe or kayak, would that be acceptable?

In the colder months here in NJ the cache would probably be unreachable.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

quote:
Originally posted by Rygel:

If I were to do a cache that was only reachable by canoe or kayak, would that be acceptable?

Not only acceptable, encouraged. While I don't currently own a boat of any kind, if there was somewhere relatively near the cache to rent one, I'd probably hunt the cache if I was in the area or someone placed one within my "home range"

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should happen to get back before I return, please ask me to wait.

quote:

Very few hydrocaches around here. Let me know when and where, I'll be there! Like others said, make sure it gets rated a 5 terrain, and make it very clear in the discription that a boat is required.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

How are you going to determine that they didn't use a rowboat ... or old inner tube?

They could, I guess. But the place I'm thinking lends itself to canoe or kayak. They definitely couldn't use a power boat because they aren't allowed.

quote:

Seal Team and Cane Island are canoe/kayak accessible. I'm planning a third one here in New Orleans, if I could just get off my butt... icon_rolleyes.gif

now that it's winter, some of our water caches are becoming MORE popular. the ice is several feet thick, and it's bitter cold. some boat only caches have now become drive-ups. of course, i feel the need to stress caution, but i keep walking out to these locations only to find pickup trucks parked right next to them.

which is handy, because i'm thinking of one that needs a ladder.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:
Originally posted by cmachler:

I placed one along the Missouri in central Montana that my dad maintains for me... if anyone actually decides to look for it that is. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=30552 is the link. I gave it four stars on the terrain because it is accessable by ground vehicle, albeit a very rough ride.

It's on our list for next summer. I'm sure it won't remain unfound forever...

Ron/yumitori