Night Geocaching with Guns and sock-puppets

majicman

Have any of you upstanding geocachers ever thought why someone even needs a sock puppet account? The reason I have one and I am sure a lot of others feel the same if you are a new bee you tear them apart on here and remind them that they only have eight finds or so and that they don’t have the experience it takes to login and post to the forums. All of the high posters on the forums with big posting numbers have very few real cache finds compared to the post numbers. I know there are a few that have high numbers on both, but most don’t. It seems like that all the forums posting that you do makes you some sort of expert on the subject of geocaching and all related maters, but you are not, and so you make a game out of doing it. So until some of you stop bashing every idea that comes along just because its not your idea. I am sure that a lot of the sock puppet accounts will stop when you realizes that you are not gods gift to geocaching and chill out a little.

quote:
Originally posted by Sock Puppet:

Have any of you upstanding geocachers ever thought why someone even needs a sock puppet account? The reason I have one and I am sure a lot of others feel the same if you are a new bee you tear them apart on here and remind them that they only have eight finds or so and that they don’t have the experience it takes to login and post to the forums. All of the high posters on the forums with big posting numbers have very few real cache finds compared to the post numbers. I know there are a few that have high numbers on both, but most don’t. It seems like that all the forums posting that you do makes you some sort of expert on the subject of geocaching and all related maters, but you are not, and so you make a game out of doing it. So until some of you stop bashing every idea that comes along just because its not your idea. I am sure that a lot of the sock puppet accounts will stop when you realizes that you are not gods gift to geocaching and chill out a little.

I don't know what this sock puppet thing is, but it sounds like your the one that needs to chill out a little.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

quote:
Originally posted by bloomcru:

welcome back majicman-it was becoming a humor wasteland!

Are you kidding me? I've been working my butt off on the humor front.

You mean your not serious in all of your posts??

I thought you were.

By the way, I am a GeoCaching GOD...

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
All of the high posters on the forums with big posting numbers have very few real cache finds compared to the post numbers. So until some of you stop bashing every idea that comes along just because its not your idea. I am sure that a lot of the sock puppet accounts will stop when you realizes that you are not gods gift to geocaching and chill out a little.

Ummmmm...I thought I was God's gift to geocaching.

Who are you to tell me otherwise? Heck, I have almost 2,000 posts! BTW, any idea that comes along that isn't my idea is probably bad idea.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

Jim: This is K.A.O.S. You and I are listening to KAOS in Los Angeles. Let's go to the telephones now and take a request.

Billy: Hello, I'm Billy

Jim: Yes?

Billy: I hear radio waves in my head.

Jim: You hear radio waves in your head? Ah! Is there a request that you have tonight for KAOS?

-------------------------------------------------

I receive radio waves directly into my head without the aid of a tuner. I receive GPS satellite signals as well. I truly am the wonder of geocaching. I haven't logged any caches, but I actually know where every one of them is. I like the idea of a sock puppet hunt because I will know where you are looking before you get there. icon_razz.gif

---

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Wow... Billy Kaos... account created in June 2001, no finds or hides, and makes his first forum post TODAY.

We have SLEEPER SOCK PUPPETS just waiting for their orders to launch attacks in the forums! That is dedicated sock puppetry.

And the orders to the sleepers come from the evil puppeteer himself.... could it be.... MAJICMAN?????

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

no, no, no!

You see, there is a devilish team of dedicated puppet-masters that have holding accounts and they all just wait for the infamous majicman to log on after a long absence and then they jump on and pretend like they were my sock-puppets returning.

BUT - I gave up those childish games...

I know that I am sane, but I worry about everyone else!!

--majicman

My new book available now!: (http://www.mcwj.com )

Hmmm...I whould have thought sock puppets were chicken$hit. After all if you are afraid to put your foot in your mouth in your "Real" fake name account like most of us have, then you must have issues.

Others are just doing it for kicks but then, if you can't have kicks as 'yourself' with your already fake id then whats the point?

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Sock Puppet:

There is some truth to the whole bash a newbie thing but I don't think newbies are the ones with sock puppet accounts. Anyway, it's mostly newbies who come in with answers instead of questions that get bashed. Don't hide here... this is dangerous... etc.

As for large post numbers with few finds... I wonder about that too. With so many variations and all the cache types it's hard to say you have a lot to offer by the way of advice.

As an example, if you're a type of person who only enjoys long distance hikes in the woods, how much can you say about urban micro caches and they best containers?

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Ummmm. Are you glad you got that off your chest, Mike?

While its true that the discussion sometimes becomes heated, it is almost always in good fun. Questions are asked. Answers are given. Rants are made. Jabs and jibes are thrown.

As for high post/find totals, I don't believe that these numbers can be compared. Remember, if you get into a discussion in one of these threads, you may post 10 or 15 times. If your answers are bogus, there are plenty of people that will make that clear. That being said, there is a few people with high post numbers who clearly post to make themselves feel smarter. We just take pity on them.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

I got on the geochat today and darned if those guys didn'taccuse me of sock-puppetry also!

I guess I am the proverbial "boy who cried wolf" and now that I have stopped using sock-puppets, trolls, etcetera, no one will believe me (poor me... - boo hoo)

And you evil ones who are using your "old dormant accounts" and suddenly logging them on just after I return from a long absence to try to make it look like majicman is puppeting again - well, shame on you!

I stand by my statment - I have not (since the infamous boblog2 incident) used anything other than my primary account here (majicman) and Jeremy, if no one else, knows this is true.

He also knows who these "pretenders" are.

Jeez, it's like getting a bad rep in school - it just follows you around for a long time...

Oh well, you may all think what you like, I know the truth and will not be bullied, harassed, harranged, or made to take the blame for that which I did not do (and will not ever do here again.)

Oh well, eventually the truth shall be known (maybe) and then you will all want me to be your friend and you'll want to kiss up and all that gushy stuff -- then I shall be vindicated!

(Hey, I can dream, can't I??)

--majicman

Majicman, it is great having you back to run amok on the forums. I was KIDDING about the puppetmaster thing, OK? I guess I was just a little miffed that you refused to lend me your blue strapless evening gown for my 200th cache find. It would've been special.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?