Let's all just stay indoors!!!

Let alone all the topics out there now on bear attacks and personal safety and such, the average run-of-the-mill cacher might get a bit squeamish about leaving the house.

Then one must consider risks of contacting SARS, West Nile Virus, and the ever present LYME Disease.

Now, my friends, we face yet another attack on our health! MONKEY POX!!!

May I suggest staying away from prairie dogs in the future.

OH! THE HORROR!!

OG

Prophetically Challenged

Don't forget killer squirells, rabid chipmunks, and the occasional mad cow--all threats to Geocachers.

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

All the reasons to stay inside:

Tornadoes, Lightning, Meteors, Fear of the

outdoors, and to be on this messageboard all hours of the day.

Theres more: Chiggers, Spiders, snakes, Vampires, and Ghosts, except the last one can visit you indoors also, and the one before that can come in through an open window.

A GPS is a good thing to have, that will get us to enjoy the outdoors, even if it is to get us to the nearest hospital.

Seriously though, here in Detroit Michigan, I have not heard much about West Nile Virus in the news, so hopefully they are eradicating the problem. Probably has been put on the back burner due to other news stories recently. I may get the Deep Woods OFF, for future warm weather caching.

I wonder about all the geocachers in Toronto Canada or China, how they are coping??

--------------------------------------------------

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My Current Post as GOT GPS?

My profile

My Home Page about what is GPS

quote:
Seriously though, here in Detroit Michigan, I have not heard much about West Nile Virus in the news, so hopefully they are eradicating the problem. Probably has been put on the back burner due to other news stories recently. I may get the Deep Woods OFF, for future warm weather caching.

Not to add to the irrational panic, but a Team Shredded Bark co-worker lost her mother recently, and the autopsy results just came back last week as West Nile. I don't know other details (age, other health complications, whatever) but West Nile is clearly back in our area. It just isn't suffering from the media frenzy of last year.

Let's keep it in perspective: the odds of getting West Nile are very small, it's much more likely that I will die in a car accident while driving to a geocache. (Maybe I should walk?) West Nile isn't going to affect my geocaching, but I am certainly a little more fastidious about coating the team in DEET.

JCR

--

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

"I saw two shooting stars last night,

I wished on them--but they were only satellites!

Is it wrong to wish on space hardware?

I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care."

--Billy Bragg, "A New England"

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

I bet PETA loves that pic...LOL...

Many People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA) have eaten cat...usually unknowingly in a Chinese restaurant....

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.