Photos greatly increase the fun.

In my opinion, seeing pictures posted of people who have visited a cache GREATLY increases the fun of the geocaching experience.

It's very interesting when you can see the people who have visited the same cache you found.

I'd like to thank those who spend the time and money to put a camera in their cache and then post the photos.

I realize this isn't practical for everyone who places a cache but, for those who can, THANK YOU.

Gus Morrow

Oceanside,CA

I actually found the easiest method with the one photo album I posted for The Giving Tree. I took the regular disposable camera in to the local Jewel and marked the "digital rolls" option. For me it was "You've Got Pictures" since I'm and AOL person, but there is a Kodak online version.

Once I got the e-mail notification that I had pictures online, I went to each of the thumbnails of the photos and right clicked and went to the properties. This told me the EXACT url for where that particular thumbnail was stored on the internet. Then I did the same for the full size shot.

30 minutes later (after some basic HTML coding), I uploaded an HTML created photo album to the Geocaching site (actual file was less 7,680 bytes). And it's kinda fun, too.

Just have to make sure that the photos will be permanently housed at that location.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

I have to agree!! I especially love seeing pics of people visting my own caches.....Kinda makes you feel good that something you placed caused the smiles icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

I have to agree!! I especially love seeing pics of people visting my own caches.....Kinda makes you feel good that something you placed caused the smiles icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

I used to use the Polaroid iZone camera to take a picture as a sticker and stick it in the cache's logbook. Unfortunately the film is pretty freaking pricey. Better to purchase a disposable camera.

I too thank the folks who add the cameras in their caches. It really does add to the enjoyment. My wife really got a kick of the photos of her first cache. She even put a copy of them in the cache after she developed them.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I agree that photos are a great idea.

Looked to see the photos you are refering to icon_wink.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12592

#1 is Mark71Mark one of our really keen first finders!!

What a great group of people!

My cache was conviscated by the Parks Dept.

But fortunately I had just retrieved the camera

So was able to post the pics before archieving it.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=9273

Jacks Pond is on my todo list!! Looks like a great place for a cache

Peregrinus

I agree that photos are a great idea.

Looked to see the photos you are refering to icon_wink.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12592

#1 is Mark71Mark one of our really keen first finders!!

What a great group of people!

My cache was conviscated by the Parks Dept.

But fortunately I had just retrieved the camera

So was able to post the pics before archieving it.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=9273

Jacks Pond is on my todo list!! Looks like a great place for a cache

Peregrinus

Except my first two caches, I have always taken along my digital camera, and now that I have a walking staff with a built in camera mount under the handle, I can easily take a photo of myself if I am alone as well. I feel it is important to give back as much as possible to the cache placer, and taking the time to convert the pictures and load them up to the cache page makes a cache more interesting over all. I know I love it when someone uploads a pic along with their find to my cache pages.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.