Like "soft drugs leading to hard drugs", what does geocaching lead to ...

Guest Peter Scholtz

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Scholtz:

Base jumping

Parachuting

Hang gliding

Para gliding

Sailing

Deep sea diving

Any high speed vechile sport?!

Ahhh - but you must consider that it must follow in a straight line.

I suggest that the "hard drugs" version of Geocaching might be spending an entire week with your family out in the back country with absolutely no contact from the outside world except you, your GPS and a level 5/5 cache!

Another version might be to plan those terrible but ingenious level fives -

• Himalyan mountain plateaus
  • The middle of the LaBrea Tarpits
  • On the grand staircase of the wreck of the Titanic
  • 0° 0°
  • N90° infinity° (North Pole)
  • S90° infinity° (South Pole)
  • How about the one that no one seems to mention: N/S 0° W/E 180°?

Guest Anton

Think Country-Western lyrics:

You lose your job.

You lose your house.

You lose your wife & kids.

You lose your truck.

You lose your dog.

You lose your eTrek.

And that REALLY hurts!

Anton, 10H/9F

------------------

Anton Ninno - N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

Guest RCharlier

How about taking a shovel and the family minivan out to the woods, dig a really big hole, drive the minivan into it and cover it with branches, leaves, etc. The site could then be recorded on geocaching.com as a mega-jumbo cache! What would be worse, is in the frenzy you forgot to remove the family from the minivan first!! ps. Don't let my wife know that I posted this.. She drives the minivan!

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Originally posted by RCharlier:

How about taking a shovel and the family minivan out to the woods, dig a really big hole, drive the minivan into it and cover it with branches, leaves, etc. The site could then be recorded on geocaching.com as a mega-jumbo cache!

You'd be best to make it a hitchhiking multi-cache. Hide the keys in any cache within the state, and anyone who finds them can take the coordinates and find the van. When you find the van, you can drive around, camp out, have fun, and whatever, but when you're done, you fill the tank and put it back. (Of course, you'll have to visit another cache in the state to hand the keys off, but that's part of it.)

Guest Iron Chef

Remember that there is hope! Through intensive therepy you can reduce your dependency on plastic containers and stop hearing those "psudo-random voices from the sky". :~)

Guest ClayJar

The Everest/Mariana Trench/Antarctica/North Pole multicache would seem to be the logical limit of the "extremes in geocaching" ideas. So, now what non-geocaching things could it lead to? (Minus two points for the first person to suggest lunacaching or any other celestial form.)

Guest Snowtrail

Hey, what to say that those things haven't led to geocaching, not the other way around?

I started with a simple keychain thermometer. Then I moved to the 'simple' Sunnuto watch with the waterproof glow in the dark digital compass, thermometer, 3 way timer, altimeter, barometer, and it can tell time too.

Then I got an ETrex. I guess I upgraded when I decided to get a PC link to my laptop so I can tie it into the cell phone for when I go on the road, I like to still be connected. I'm looking for an upgrade now, maybe a III+ or something I can refinance my house and get. . .

-the digitally addicted

Guest Hawk-eye

Hey ... does anyone have an extra $20,000,000 laying around ... we can get together with the Russians and put a Geocache on the space station! Talk about weird sat. geometry!?!?!?!