Team T-Shirts

Try a local print shop. There's an art store here in Jax that also has a printing area, and they do all sorts of things - cards, letterhead, posters, and even t-shirts (the one time that I used them, I only had one shirt done, and it was no problem for them.)

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

Cafepress seems kind of expensive, but I do like the idea of making them available to sell.

I also found Instant Imprints. Screen-printed shirts would be about $11 each for a one-color logo on the front with a digital photo on the back.

A one color logo on the front with a 5 color logo on the back would be about $9 each.

I'll keep looking around.

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Cafepress seems kind of expensive, but I do like the idea of making them available to sell.

Were you looking at the base price, which is what you *have* to pay. Anything you charge over the base price is what you keep. $13.99 doesn't seem that out of line for a t-shirt with one-off custom art on it. Actually, I think that sounds pretty reasonable. The price goes down if you can get more volume in a month period.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

A few years ago I designed an image on my home computer and wanted it on a shirt. I called a local (Louisiana) printing/binding/trophy shop that also printed Tshirts.

They told me what type of file to save my image as to be compatible with their computer (ex: .gif, .jpg, .bmp, .tiff, and so on), and I saved it to disk.

They used my disk to print out a reverse image of my design on image transfer paper, then they ironed it onto a Tshirt I'd brought with me.

That was a few years ago, so things are probably more advanced now. But that worked fine for me, image quality was great. I can't remember how much it cost but it was very reasonable.

My two cents icon_smile.gif

I get mine here , but I don't think it will do anyone else any good. Lot's of people wear my avatar, but I bet 99.9% never heard of me or my geocaching handle. icon_wink.gificon_cool.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif I got my winter hat from here. icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif Hey he has the same winter hat. icon_eek.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

[This message was edited by Snoogans on May 30, 2003 at 06:36 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Were you looking at the base price, which is what you *have* to pay. Anything you charge over the base price is what you keep. $13.99 doesn't seem that out of line for a t-shirt with one-off custom art on it. Actually, I think that sounds pretty reasonable. The price goes down if you can get more volume in a month period.

I was just looking for my own personal shirts, I wasn't planning on selling any. If I decide to, that site looks pretty good.

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

Although I have never tried it, most places that sell computer printer paper sell iron-on paper that fits in your printer. There are also several kinds of software for designing and printing a t-shirt or whatever.

Once again, I've never used them, but I would be interested to hear the opinion of anyone who has.

Now if I can just find someone to do the ironing. icon_rolleyes.gif

RichardMoore

www.geocities.com/richardsrunaway

quote:
Originally posted by RichardMoore:

Although I have never tried it, most places that sell computer printer paper sell iron-on paper that fits in your printer. There are also several kinds of software for designing and printing a t-shirt or whatever.

Once again, I've never used them, but I would be interested to hear the opinion of anyone who has.

I tried some and they're so-so. You lose a little each time you wash it for the first few times but then it doesn't seem to change much. Still alotta fun to make up something that you want only one of & the expense is minimal.