Geocaching Desktop Clutter! It's Taking over!

DisQuoi

My clutter isn't so much clutter (I've only got one desktop icon - easyGPS), but I'm using a lot more printer paper than I used to use. Now that I've become a paid member, I'm using the pocket query downloads, so we'll see if that alleviate the paper chase.

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

I clicked and clicked on your icons, wanted to see what the programs were like. None of them work. Guess you should delete them, that will clear the clutter too.

Mike. KD9KC

El Paso, Texas.

KD,

I tried to delete my icons but I got an error that my syntax format wasn't correct.

So I went to DOS and typed this command: format C: icon_eek.gif - thinking that that meant show me the "format" "C"orrectly: icon_confused.gif

Now, I am having to type this on my mother's brother's uncle's sister's cousin's computer because mine stoped working after that command...

Any ideas what I did wrong, I though I was asking a simple question! icon_biggrin.gif

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

1.) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

2.) There is NO... Rule #2.

3.) NEVER get "off-topic." These threads are ALL far too serious for that!

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

I clicked and clicked on your icons, wanted to see what the programs were like. None of them work. Guess you should delete them, that will clear the clutter too.

Mike. KD9KC

El Paso, Texas.

KD,

I tried to delete my icons but I got an error that my syntax format wasn't correct.

So I went to DOS and typed this command: format C: icon_eek.gif - thinking that that meant show me the "format" "C"orrectly: icon_confused.gif

Now, I am having to type this on my mother's brother's uncle's sister's cousin's computer because mine stoped working after that command...

Any ideas what I did wrong, I though I was asking a simple question! icon_biggrin.gif

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

1.) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

2.) There is NO... Rule #2.

3.) NEVER get "off-topic." These threads are ALL far too serious for that!

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

--majicman

You did nothing wrong. Your icons are gone, aren't they?

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

--majicman

You did nothing wrong. Your icons are gone, aren't they?

I got my desktop full of geocaching icons, despite my attempts at organization.

I decided to install Linux 2 days ago, finally got the modem working about half an hour ago, and now have a totally new desktop to make a mess of. Whoo-hoo!

rdw