100 Caches under your belt?

Breaktrack

What did you do to celebrate your 100th cache find? The kids and I just hit our 100th today on New Years Day and basically we were so tired we just went to a decent place to eat afterward and had a great supper.

So what did you do, or what are you planning to do for your 100th??? icon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I didn't make a big deal about my 100th but it worked out that I was night caching with some friends and we hit the bar once or twice that night so it was fun all the way around with the exception of the rain. I may do something special for 1000, we'll see.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

My personal goal was to hit my 100th cache by the end of 2002, but weather, work and other stuff got in the way. Oooh well . . now the goal is to hit it by my first year caching anniversary. I'll report back in sometime in February. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Oh, its all about the numbers.

even with posting icon_wink.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Well I planned mine so that I could have my Dad along with me for my 100th cache. Having my pop along on that trip made hitting that first milestone so much cooler. He's since gotten into caching pretty actively and is fast closing in on his 100th. Can't wait to go along for his trek into century teritory.

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

quote:
Originally posted by crashmore:

Well I planned mine so that I could have my Dad along with me for my 100th cache. Having my pop along on that trip made hitting that first milestone so much cooler. He's since gotten into caching pretty actively and is fast closing in on his 100th. Can't wait to go along for his trek into century teritory.

This is why numbers matter - it's all about those personal goals . . . ones that mean something to you . . er . . me . . well . . you know what I mean.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I didn't really do anything special with #100, partly because I hadn't really decided whether or not to count the one cache I did from "the-other-site-that-we-can't-mention-here" or not. (I've since decided to count each site seperately.) Numbers 200 & 300 happened at event caches, so they were kinda fun. I just took a picture at #400, and #500 (just yesterday) was sorta wierd, because it is a "Tag Team" cache, and I was actually at work when my partner found the last stage.

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif

I try to set up my century mark finds on something that's hard or consistent with my geocaching alias. For my 100th Find I chose Moun10Bike's Leonardo series fourth and final cache before the Final.

My 200th find was up on Tiger Mt. and I videotaped the find. Got another one of those legendary Moun10Bike geocoins...#129 which I'll keep I think. The cache also site of MTB's 500th find so that was kind of cool. I celebrated teh find by becoming first to find a Moun10Bike cache that wasn't too far away.

My 300th find was a special one to me. I scaled Mount Washington via a scramble route to a cache that hadn't been found in a year adn a half this November...since May 23, 2001. Aptly called teh Bushwack. A great adventure! Had a cold one when I got down.

400 has yet to come. Maybe a snowshoe???

I liked this post:

quote:
Oh, its all about the numbers.

even with posting icon_wink.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1234 | From: Detroit, Michigan USA | Registered: September 11, 2002

"even when posting" with that nice, neat count of 1234 posts. icon_smile.gif

My 100th? Well, we weren't really sure which it was. We had some locationless caches that I hadn't logged yet (and still haven't,) so I wasn't quite sure which to count. Later, I counted how many regular caches we had found and came up with a count of 100 or 101... I don't remember which cache was #100, but I know we enjoyed it. I think #101 was a cache hidden by Eli--a friend I hooked on Geocaching. Total count now is 145 and climbing very slowly... who knows what we'll do for 200, etc, but I know it'll be fun!

I remember #200, it was our first event cache. That was November 2nd. #300 and #400 were a blur, we weren't even keeping track at this point. We started paying attention again when we made a goal to get to 500 be year's end. We barely made it, but I'll definitely remember #500, a FTF at 3:00PM, in a very active caching area. I would have jumped up and down, but I didn't want to make the mud any worse than it already was. icon_wink.gif Wow, I just realized we did 300 in two months. That's just plain sick. No wonder the house is a mess...

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

I hope to make the poker caches at the MiGO Event in February my 100th find. Automatic celebration with good company! 13 caches between now and then should be a breeze, except that I've almost depleted my immediate area, meaning travel time is a significant factor in finding any more.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

Well, I can't say I'm surprised to see people bring up the old "It's all about the numbers" game, but I must say something about what I've observed.

To my children and I it is only important to us how many finds WE have, we could care less how many anyone else has. We are interested in OUR number of caches because it's fun, period, to keep track of it and plan more, etc...

I would think it extremely shallow to consider first how many finds someone has, or how many posts they have made to the forums before I gave their opinion on anything more, or less, credibility. I am just as interested in hearing what a brand new cacher thinks about the issues we bring up as I am in the opinion of the cacher who has the most finds and the most posts.

But, that's just me.....LOL. We're heading for 200 and we're going to celebrate it just for the fun of it. If anyone else hits a mark they want to celebrate, more power to ya, and we'll join the celebration if you let us know about it, that's the way we feel about it.

Keep on cachin! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

# 100 huh. Well lets see, I think it was a first find and the first cache I got caught at. But that was 11 months ago. Do not remember 200, 300 or 400 but 500 was in the Rain and a couple hundred miles from home. It was surprising how fast the last 300 came. It also helps when enough people in the local area and where I work started that we did not have to drive 200 miles to find a cache.

As for numbers not counting, Right.

Even in your local area, someone is looking to cache you or you have "that one" person your either chasing or trying to stay ahead of.

TTFN, logscaler and Red

We decided to make our 100th find somewhat special for us.

Geocaching means a lot to my wife and I, because it has done two things for us: gotten me to do something more active than reaching for a keyboard, and has been an outdoor activity that we both like. (This was getting to be a bit of a problem for us.)

The cache weekend that both 'hooked' us on caching was one in San Francisco back in July, 2002. (It wasn't our first weekend caching, but the one that caused us to both say "we're in this for the long run") Our favorite cache that weekend was the marvellous Ex Libris by LooneyTunes. So, we decided to spend another weekend in S.F. and visit another close-by cache of LooneyTunes as our 100th find - Treasure Island.

The view from Treasure Island, of San Francisco in twilight, with the S.F. skyline across the bay, the fog rolling in from over the Golden Gate bridge in the distance, and the Bay Bridge right next to us, was spectacular.

For lots of folks, they have found more caches in less time, and that's great, but we're happy to have found this 100th cache - for the fact that the event celebrated us finding a wonderful common activity in Geocaching, more than anything else.

-J

My goal was to hit 100 caches by the end of the year. Unfortunately, when the sun set on 12/30/02, I was only at 84. Time to spring into action!

Got up before dawn the next morning to start a caching marathon through the southern suburbs of Milwaukee.

Took nine hours, but sixteen caches later, I hit my goal with nine hours to spare!

Celebrated with a trip to IHOP!

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

One of the local cachers (El Diablo), makes a big deal out of the century mark, and does devilishly hard caches to commemorate the event. Mine was aptly named <---Hell is just ahead. I tag teamed with Cache_Hunter 1 for a two state, mega multi stage cache that ended with dinner and cold beer. I also got one of the first Geo hiking sticks, an engraved mug, and a commemorative limited edition key chain/bag tag. I helped with an earlier version of this cache for Hawk-eye and Triffids 100th. Those guys in the Greensboro, NC area are the best!

I watch this website to check out that current stats in my area: www.insidecorner.com/geocaching/index.cgi They have stats for most of the USA. I have yet to make #1 in my area but I'm #2 right now! My 100th find I was out of town on business but I remember it well. It was in the middle of a roundabout with cars all around me wondering what an idiot was doing in the middle of a roundabout in the AM rush hour!

We have 13 more caches between the two sites before we reach 100 finds. I would like to plan something special for when we do reach 100. Maybe an out of state cache, or just leaving a special item. Whatever we decide, we better get a move on it, it's been a while since our last find. We are holding onto two travel bugs that have had plenty of rest and need to be moving on now.

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

I don't always know my exact find count at any given moment, I have a rough idea but I usually forget the exact number so I end up one or 2 caches off in my count at any given moment.

My 500th cache I remember because we had a friend going with us and we kept track all day so we would know which one was it.

I just hit 700 a few days ago but I don't know exactly which cache it was.

Numbers matter, just not exact numbers.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

For our 100th the special one we chose was by a local who puts out many inovative puzzle caches like Low, Medium, High. For number 200 we went back to the begining of our sport/game and did Un-Original Stash, and went to the spot where Dave Ulmer placed the original cache that started the whole thing. With number 300 fast approaching we are thinking of a cache nearby that can only be done at night like After Dark. Always something different and fun is what keeps this fun.

Can't complain, no one listens anyway.