Name the Gnome

...Nome, Alaska, was originally so named because it had no name. Eventually, this spot in the middle of nowhere that people referred to as "no name", was shortened to Nome.

How about that Batman!

And to go a little bit further (I know, this is off-topic) .... Nome holds a place in history as the site of The Great Serum Run. Back in the winter of 1925, diptheria struck Nome and children were dying because of this disease. Serum had to be delivered to this town but neither trains nor planes could get to the outpost due to a severe winter storm. Eventually, a relay of 20 sled dog teams braved over 600 miles in a record 5 and half days to deliver the life-saving serum between Nenana and Nome (the hero of which was a Siberian Husky named Togo, who ran over 300 miles with Leonhard Seppala, the legendary musher). The modern day Iditarod Race is dedicated to both dogs and humans who participated in this legendary race.

But I digress... I still think that your Gnome looks like the Green Goblin. So there!

27485_300.gif

Kije think he look like great American President Dick Bush. Where else find one angry dwarf and many solumn faces? Maybe no. Some people think maybe call him Kije but he no real troll. Think name him Triumph after famous dog.

Kije

MissJenn, Gawain isn't the Green Knight. The name of the poem is Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. The Green Knight's name is Bertilak. icon_wink.gif

So the gnome could be Bertilak. There was also a second Green Knight called Pertolepe. Or Dagonet, after King Arthur's fool. Or you could name him after one of the dwarves in the tales, Druidan, Evadeam, Frocin, Melot, Tristan (not the knight, of course), or Tronc.

Or you could name him Bob. Bob the Gnome. icon_razz.gif

MissJenn, Gawain isn't the Green Knight. The name of the poem is Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. The Green Knight's name is Bertilak. icon_wink.gif

So the gnome could be Bertilak. There was also a second Green Knight called Pertolepe. Or Dagonet, after King Arthur's fool. Or you could name him after one of the dwarves in the tales, Druidan, Evadeam, Frocin, Melot, Tristan (not the knight, of course), or Tronc.

Or you could name him Bob. Bob the Gnome. icon_razz.gif

I will pick several names and then post it as a poll, everyone has done a outstanding job at thinking up different and/or ingeious names.

Yeah Brian is a bit boring! sorry for the inside humor since it was only funny to me.

Thanks all

C-Troop

quote:
Originally posted by C-Troop:

I will pick several names and then post it as a poll, everyone has done a outstanding job at thinking up different and/or ingeious names.

Yeah Brian is a bit boring! sorry for the inside humor since it was only funny to me.

Thanks all

C-Troop

OK, How about: Okustim (which is Greek for "Diamond-toed with lipstick mouth")

--majicman