No Mitsuko, who then?

Mudfrog

Well i have seen some of the threads concerning Mitsuko and like alot of you, thought she was was mighty keen. Im just wondering if she could have lived up to GeoCaching Spokesmodel standards though?

Seems to me we have several candidates right here in front of us, all of them with actual GeoCache finds under their belt.. I do have one person in mind for nomination but being that she is kinda shy, i better not mention her name at this time!

Anyone else have any candidates of their own that they would like to nominate???

quote:
Originally posted by Mudfrog:

I do have one person in mind for nomination but being that she is kinda shy, i better not mention her name at this time!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess I should be flattered, but icon_eek.gif I think you should be lookin for another nominee, Mudfrog! icon_biggrin.gif

=============

If life gives you lemons, stuff them in your shirt to make your boobs look bigger!

Before Jeremy has to kill another thread, I should come clean.

Jeremy logs our IP addresses so he's known all along.

(if he was ever at all curious that is)

Some of you knew it was me after the third day, some of you found out through email.

This topic amuses the heck out of me, but Jeremy has already given a full measure of patience. I ask that further discussions are taken to the chat room, the news group, or anywhere else.

I'll put up a web site that explains (without names) the motive and the madness that ensued.

The summery: I was trolling for Mopar and placed her near a couple of his caches. He happens to be one of the brightest people I know, so no amount of fast talking on my part could sway him that she could possibly be legit.

There's more but this really is off topic so we should stop here.

Thank you all for a mother-load of laughs. Choberiba

[This message was edited by Eric O'Connor on July 23, 2002 at 10:35 PM.]

I bow before the immature, childish and wonton genius of Choberiba! He da' MAN!

Now... I'm just wondering what kind of trick he's gonna pull on us fems this time...

You know, folks... he would never have 'come out' and admitted this if you all hadn't kept saying things about who ever pulled the Mitsuko thing off was brilliant, etc.

Either that or he felt guilty basking in the rays of admiration after humiliating so many of the men on this forum!

Silly Men!

RedwoodRed

---

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda, Jedi Master from Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

She seemed like a nice girl. But alas, Eric is right, we've milked this one for about all it's worth. icon_smile.gif I haven't been caching in over a month now. Time to get on with legitimate topics - ya know, like turning $6 into $6000. icon_mad.gif

Mitsuko was nice clean-cut Joisy Girl. She's moved on now. We can let her go now.

quote:
Originally posted by Eric O'Connor:

Before Jeremy has to kill another thread, I should come clean.

Hey, let's all play Spartacus!

No, no, it wasn't Eric O'Connor, it was ME! MAJICMAN! I am (was) Mistuko.

And I am the real Walter Middy.

And I was on the grassy knoll!

And the check is in the mail...

--majicman

[This message was edited by majicman on July 24, 2002 at 10:17 AM.]

O'Connor say Mitsuko not real? Kije confused and wonder who pretty Japanese girl in real life. Must now go cry with bottle of pertsovka. Early in morning for vodka, but Kije much sad now.

Kije now change plan for motorcycle trip to New Jersery. Mr. Majik, not sure if Kije visit state with cows and mens in dress. Maybe think Oklahoma far ride when crying and hanged over.

Kije

Peregrinus expectavi, pedes meos in cymbalis

OK,

Since Eric O'Connor is being honest, I will give honesty a shot too!

All of you have been duped... and I apologize!

I am a sock puppet. I have been encouraged by many in these forums to be the funniest sock puppet I can be, and I try! Really, I do. I lie in the clothes hamper, next to smelly old underware, sometimes for hours thinking up funny things to post in here.

I am Mitsuko.

I am NJ_Tonto.

I am about half of the accounts here with 0 finds and 0 hides!

I am NOT ashamed, I love my Dacron fibers.

hehe

--majicman

[This message was edited by majicman on July 24, 2002 at 10:19 AM.]

I, for one, generally appreciate Majicman's instillation of general chaos into the message boards. Take that away, and you just have the same old threads being repeated over and over.

Look at us...we search for happy-meal toys hidden in the woods using a handheld gadget that relies on a billion bucks in military hardware. It's all downhill from there...might as well embrace the absurdity of it all. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by jhwf4:

I don't know who's real either anymore...I'm so confused icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

jhwf4

Well, I for one am certainly not REAL, and you can't convince me that I am.

Hey, this is starting to turn into some Hinduish Freudian Identity Crisis nightmare! icon_eek.gif (I like it!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif )

--majicman

I showed up on the boards just about when you guys were really lathered up & maybe I sould have kept my typewriter silent & let y'all have some fun... icon_razz.gif

quote:
Look at us...we search for happy-meal toys hidden in the woods using a handheld gadget that relies on a billion bucks in military hardware. It's all downhill from there...might as well embrace the absurdity of it all.

This site got me turned on to a new RASH (thanks Majicman). I got my hubby to buy me a GPS & while I waited for it to show up, I read as many of the forums as my two very young children would allow. I've had more fun than I ever thought possible with a computer; I've never been one for chatrooms, don't surf the net a whole lot, etc. Chastising you lot was just a bit of fun for me & I didn't intend to upset the applecart so early into my new RASH (thanks majicman).

We all must decide for ourselves how much sharing is an Acceptable Risk...Hope I didn't go too far.. icon_wink.gif

Now, what does RASH mean again?? icon_biggrin.gif

Fairy tales & happy trails help old women stay young.

Mother Ganders,

Let me see if I read you right? You are admitting to being a sock puppet and are insinuating that "Acceptable Risk" is also one? (Or am I having "dryer-hair" nightmares again...)

(Wait a minute, I think my medicine is taken efffeecccc...

--majicman

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

OK,

Since Eric O'Connor is being honest, I will give honesty a shot too!

All of you have been duped... and I apologize!

I am a sock puppet.

icon_biggrin.gif that would be impressive

quote:

I am NJ_Tonto.

I am about half of the accounts here with 0 finds and 0 hides!

I am NOT ashamed, I love my Dacron fibers.

hehe

--majicman

[This message was edited by majicman on July 24, 2002 at 10:19 AM.]

That I believe

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

quote:
Originally posted by azog:

"She" was someone who lived in Dunellen NJ, about 10 miles south of me. I wonder why Dunellen? It could have been Hohokus! It would have been better, how many people do you know from Hohokus? It's a real town.

Well, since he was trolling for me, and he really wasnt familiar with NJ, he just picked a zipcode close to my caches. What the puppetmaster didnt know was he picked a small closeknit town, population under 5,000. I used to live there, and still hang in the area, and if someone like Mitsuko lived there, diving the car she said she had, i would have known her already

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by Eric O'Connor:

I pute up a http://tinyurl.com/utx that explains a little about what happened.

I want to add more as people submit their thoughts.

I openly admit I hoped she was. but as I have done this same ruse on several occasions in my youth (BBS, Compuserve chat rooms so on. Basicly while the general population was still figuring out what the internet was) and had trouble believing it.

I also openly admit writing e-mail to attempt to engage "Mitsuko" in to a conversational trap.

given the responses and my previous experiences "she" reponed just as I had figured "she" would (but you did do good reseach Eric) in the finial e-mail I even let tell that I assumed "She" was fake but that 'my wife gave me a tounge lashing' over the thought. this was a complete lie as the wife after reading posts and the e-mail conversation concurred with my assement. But before I could get a response the shrade was over.

Good gag Eric.

I concure with your observations on the web site as they too have been my experience.

What does this say about us as a speciecs?

I gave up hitting on women on the internet. all to often the slender, hot, 21 year old, red head from Backwater often turns out to be the overweight, sweaty 45 year old "live with my mom", balding, man in Sububraia.

A lesson learned

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

quote:
I want to add more as people submit their thoughts.

You clued me in via email, although tried to accuse someone else! It's funny/odd/sweet that you felt the need to come clean (almost) for me. Thanks.

If I had any feelings towards our friend Madame M, it was a combination of green-eyed monster & admiration of her looks (I'm a woman, not blind!) and some suspicion when she hadn't logged any finds after the GPS arrived. I never directed any email or posts directly to her.

THe whole charade has made me more aware though, how easily predators can reach people. As I read the forums more, especially that awful weapons & geocaching thread, however, I see more usernames that look like they may be alteregos & double identities. So, in this vein, I may find myself being much more cautious of posting on the boards.

You see, my children will be old enough for the internet in time, and this kind of thing is what I will worry about as they start to explore the world.

Luckily, this was a joke and a good one. I hope others won't use the idea to really hurt others.

Okay, enough ranting!!!

No more sour grapes today... Baby's crying. I'm gone for now!

Fairy tales & happy trails help old women stay young.

It should be noted that the part on the Mitsuko tribute page about me is Eric trying to mess with me. While one third of TresOkies is female, that is not the part that Eric O'Connor has met (he does have this annoying habit of calling my wife when I'm not at home and asking her opinion "as a woman"). icon_smile.gif

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

Without ever having met your wife, it probably sounds odd to state that her personality in Mitsuko's body with Mopar's face would be my dream gal. (Most people would just head to the test thread when they try out a new avatar) Don't feel left out majicman, it's that photo of your grandkid with goo spread all over his face that kills it for me.

Well,

I had a part in this Mitsuko mish-mash also (I'll admit.) Early on, Eric O'Connor e-mailed me regarding her shennanigans and I ran interference for him. I used one (hint) of my sock-puppet accounts, NJ_Tonto, and had both conversations and distractive tactics with them. (The distractive tactics included ranting and raving about ME being called a sock-puppet by Mopar, which had never happened, in order to attempt to draw attention away from Mitsuko being a sock puppet (the old "if they get too close to the truth, make a big stink and holler real loud about something else" ploy.)

Didn't work, Mopar is the sharpest tool in this shed, and he knew right off that Mitsuko couldn't be real. Mopar told Eric_O this at a Monday night Geo-chat a couple of weeks ago.

I decided to assist Eric_O in his puppetering of Mitsuko by continuing to run interference to see "whom-else" she might call into her devious web with her siren-like photos.

I am sending Eric_O more details and my "psychological opinions" about all of this, in case you need to get some sleep, you can come to his Mitsuko page and read it... I am sure it will put you to sleep!

Well, way long story shortened some, Mitsuko is retired along with NJ_Tonto (there will be no wedding!)

They BOTH STILL get e-mails (unbelievable the strength of male hornymones!)

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

1.) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

2.) There is NO... Rule #2.

3.) NEVER get "off-topic." These threads are ALL far too serious for that!

I discovered this morning that messages can no longer be deleted. A dialogue box pops up that says "messages cannot be deleted once they have been responded to."

Okay, that makes sense ... except that nobody had responded to the text that previously appeared in this space, yet still I was barred from deleting it, mere seconds after I had posted it.

Why mention it? Because I think it's ridiculous that we are able to completely alter the contents of a message, even hours later, but are not permitted to immediately have "second thoughts" and delete a post.

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on July 27, 2002 at 06:07 AM.]

That was pretty good. I though she was real and only became slightly suspicious when she kept changing her modelesque profile/avatar pic. She seemed to type like a member of the fairer sex. I must say though, it is strange how an imaginary person can breath life into a forum and illiciet so many responses, even if the stimulus has little to do with this hobby. It'S pretty funny how many guys be all over a posting PYT like a fat kid on a smartie.

Neat experiment. Hats off to Eric and a fine jest.

Cheers!

quote:
Originally posted by mikemtn:

Where'd majicman go to????????? Mike

Where - boycotting...

=====Eric_O is not here=====

I am boycotting these forums until Eric_O returns. Or until I have something to contribute to the subject of the thread (on-topic) while remaining Politically Correct, soas not to offend anyone, nor drive other readers away, and not make a mockery of the forums.

=====Quote from e-mail majicman received from Jeremy =====

I'm real tired of people making a mockery of the forums.

=====Quote from post regarding proper forum postings=====

The determination of what is "appropriate" in the forums is difficult, once you get beyond the standard legal issues of libel/slander, personal threats, etc...

The only two guideline I follow in ANY forum are "Don't be a jerk" and "don't be boring"

The first guideline creates rules such as "Don't insult someone; don't swear; don't lie; don't brag (not that I *have* anything to brag about!!) etc.

The second guideline creates some more subtle rules: One is this, which I think, when violated regularly, starts sounding the death-knell for lots of forums I have visited: Don't try to make the forums an "insider's playground" In other words, don't encourage silly 'lingo', don't use the forums as a replacement for private-email between a few friends, don't create cliques in the forum, where you reply to only a few old friends, and ignore newcomers. Another is "don't make the forum a platform for politics" (unless the forum's purpose is politics!), and don't clog the forums with silliness.

=====Entire Seth thread: "Oh yes, I avoid the forums"=====

If anyone else is interested in actually discussing *geocaching* and can spell correctly, I'd be all for it.

- And ALL posts within that thread -

================================================

This will be majicman's last post until he has something PC of topical value worthy or the forum readers.

--majicman